Jason Schreier/Bloomberg: PlayStation boss Jim Ryan is stepping down

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
I've also seen dudes claim that the ABK deal will make Xbox so powerful that Jim left in fear, PlayStation is finished, etc. Xbox dudes are acting so weird about this news.
Xbox fans are so desperate now, knowing there’s a drop-dead date for their beloved console, they will seek to spin any minor bit of news they can into the great hope that reverses the situation.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
People with normal 8h jobs can barely find time to play but a CEO of a huge company definitely play games lol

CEOs don't work as much as you'd think. There's a reason why they're often CEOs of one company and board members / executive whatever of multiple others.

Reactions: Cool hand luke

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
The ones in line like Hulst and the interim one have said as much. The wrong thing to do will be to move resources away from single player focused games, thts what allowed PS3 to get out it's rut! Both can live in equilibrium.
I'm actually not convinced that Hermen will be the next CEO. He doesn't seem to have the right kind of experience for it. Also, the interim CEO likely won't be in the position long enough to make any significant decisions.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I'm actually not convinced that Hermen will be the next CEO. He doesn't seem to have the right kind of experience for it. Also, the interim CEO likely won't be in the position long enough to make any significant decisions.
They probably won't, my point however is that there are a few execs with that "focus on gaas, multiplayer, mobile" Sentiment. I actually don't think it's a bad idea either I just don't want Sony to put 100% on that and diminish what made PS a gaming powerhouse which is their solid single player games.

Reactions: Luffy123

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
They probably won't, my point however is that there are a few execs with that "focus on gaas, multiplayer, mobile" Sentiment. I actually don't think it's a bad idea either I just don't want Sony to put 100% on that and diminish what made PS a gaming powerhouse which is their solid single player games.
I agree, it would very foolish of them to abandon the types of games people mainly like them for.

Reactions: Luffy123

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
They've always said they are developing that stuff in parallel with continuing their traditional development, and anyone coming up from within will have the same mentality.

Nobody is going to fuck with a winning strategy.

THE SKY IS NOT FUCKING FALLING, PEOPLE. IT NEVER WAS AND NEVER WILL.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
lmfao you trippin
Yeah lol I dont know about that. In my company ceo works his ass off, maybe not focused on boots on the ground stuff but constantly giving lectures, meetings, policy creation, etc. When ceos or cfos retire they usually take on a Board role in my company and consulting and then have more leisure time.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
They've always said they are developing that stuff in parallel with continuing their traditional development, and anyone coming up from within will have the same mentality.

Nobody is going to fuck with a winning strategy.

THE SKY IS NOT FUCKING FALLING, PEOPLE. IT NEVER WAS AND NEVER WILL.
This forum has been in a constant state of panic for months. It's getting ridiculous.

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Yeah lol I dont know about that. In my company ceo works his ass off, maybe not focused on boots on the ground stuff but constantly giving lectures, meetings, policy creation, etc. When ceos or cfos retire they usually take on a Board role in my company and consulting and then have more leisure time.
I have worked in a few places where the CEOs were on vacation far more than they were working. Granted, that was mostly energy companies.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
With Sega cancelling Hyenas which looks a lot like fairgame$, that makes another high profile GAAS cancellation. Jim Ryan won't even be around to take accountability for his two GAAS flops

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
So Kenichiro Yoshia, current Sony CEO, will have a major role in deciding who the next full-time CEO after Jim will be. Was he around when the last one was picked and did he play a role in it? Either way, could be interesting since he has talked about wanting more IP ownership with regards to acquisitions somewhat recently.

Last edited:

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
So Kenichiro Yoshia, current Sony CEO, will have a major role in deciding who the next full-time CEO after Jim will be. Was he around when the last one was picked and did he play a role in it? Either way, could be interesting since he has talked about wanting more IP ownership with regards to acquisitions somewhat recently.
I think it was Andrew House who picked Jim.

• Informative
Reactions: AshHunter216

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
I had the thought that if sony were to make a Japanese publisher acquisition it might make sense to have a Japanese guy be the face of it for a little while. Might smooth things over?

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters