Lego Horizon to be day one on PC & PS5

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
What the hell does the PS store have to do with our debate?

Didn’t Sony sell games in the 90s?

Didn’t Nintendo? Why were Rare games more expensive than other games on launch?
Rare games cost more because they used additional chips in order to have higher graphical output. In the cartridge era the price of upscale games was dictated by what was in the cart.

Though probably the best example was late era Genesis sports games, which were super expensive due to the "massive" size of their audio quips. Real Talk Football really made you pay for that "real" talking.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Muddasar

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Lego cares surely about money earned on many platforms as possible

Lego cares about earning money, like every normal company.
Please go look at the latest sales of Lego games on Steam. That shit is embarrassing. Lego needs those pennies or no games for Horizon 🤡

Screenshot_20240606_150236_Samsung Internet.jpg Screenshot_20240606_150225_Samsung Internet.jpg

Sony had no choice with these numbers 🤣🤣🤣

Screenshot_20240606_150518_Samsung Internet.jpg
Incredible sales. Hermen will buy a nice muffin for his breakfast 🤭🤭

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Imagine a guy thinking that company with multiplatform franchise had sold on PC all this time... and have data with it sales on PC... doesn't care about PC at all.

That is who you replied to.
Aww and yet most of their sales are from PS and Switch... But you wanna be a contrarian so bad at times.🥱

Lego has always done licenses with multiplatform IP's or movie IP's but I don't expect you to understand why they can't call the shots for Horizon.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Aww and yet most of their sales are from PS and Switch... But you wanna be a contrarian so bad at times.🥱

Lego has always done licenses with multiplatform IP's or movie IP's but I don't expect you to understand why they can't call the shots for Horizon.
These are the data I have...
  • LEGO Star Wars series: 50 million as of June 2019
    • LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga: 5 million as of June 2022
  • LEGO Batman: 12.81 million as of November 2014
  • LEGO Batman 2: 3.4 million as of February 2013
  • LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4: 2.7 million in first month.
  • LEGO Jurassic World: 4 million as of October 2015
How much of that is PC, PlayStation or Wii I don't know....
But I'm willing to bet it is not just a few ks.

Edit - I found updated data.

Yeap I have a really hard time to believe LEGO games didn't sell millions on PC.

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Box

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
These are the data I have...
  • LEGO Star Wars series: 50 million as of June 2019
    • LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga: 5 million as of June 2022
  • LEGO Batman: 12.81 million as of November 2014
  • LEGO Batman 2: 3.4 million as of February 2013
  • LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4: 2.7 million in first month.
  • LEGO Jurassic World: 4 million as of October 2015
How much of that is PC, PlayStation or Wii I don't know....
But I'm willing to bet it is not just a few ks.

Edit - I found updated data.

Yeap I have a really hard time to believe LEGO games didn't sell millions on PC.
SURE Bud

• haha
Reactions: ethomaz

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
lol

Somehow I think this is Lego's decision, much like MLB. Still on Sony to secure their IPs, though. Hope it's worth it to them.
They could port it to PS4 and get way more value.

Since when is PC essential for Lego games? I literally never heard there was this huge untapped market for lego games on PC before TODAY. Somehow Lego has all the pull against Sony and they need PC.

We have access to data and this narrative is completely fake. Minecraft is not Lego, but before any of you bring it up, look at this Minecraft-clone that was released a few months ago by Square.

Screenshot_20240606_172659_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20240606_172931_Samsung Internet.jpg
These awful stats are similar to the 2 Lego games I posted earlier. Where is this huge market?

You guys need to stop coping and making excuses.

24 Jun 2022
If this is true, it's the end for PlayStation. Xbox is dead, PC is super dead, so that leaves SuperSwitch because Nintendo aren't super morons.

PC dead? Nope. They (specifically, Steam) are getting all the big, medium & small 3P games Day 1 that used to be only on consoles (mainly PlayStation), aside from exceptions like GTA6. But quite a few of the other big games are PC/Steam-exclusive for months if not years, if not permanently. Baldur's Gate 3, HADES 2 (early access), No Rest For The Wicked (same), Star Citizen (full PC exclusive), VALORANT, League of Legends, World of Warcraft, DOTA2, Counterstrike 2 are just a few examples.

I wouldn't take some of these sales figure reports with PC listed to represent the full state of that part of the industry. For example with Circana/NPD, PC/Steam game sales by and large aren't covered because the publishers of those games (often also the dev if it's an indie) don't opt-in for Circana/NPD tracking. And, it's the same in many other markets.

Meanwhile stuff like World of Warcraft, VALORANT, League of Legends etc. aren't even covered by sales trackers and don't pop up on Steam, but we know they bring in a ton of money. Also ironically, both Microsoft and Sony are making PC an even more lucrative option going forward, but it's Sony who look like the ultimate idiots here. Because, unlike Microsoft, Sony have no vested interests in PC whatsoever; they're just wholly reliant on Valve (Steam) to provide the platform that PS Studios are subserviant to, in order to get their PC sales which are magnitudes less than on console (tho that might be changing...at the expense of console sales).

CrackmanNL

4 Apr 2024
Yeah the LEGO collabs have done well but were declining (you can milk Harry Potter and Star Wars only so much) so it makes sense also from their cross-media blabla to do this. Do a LEGO game, movie and get toys/sets out there.

Got a buddy who is going to spend 300 euro on the Deku Tree Lego set.. Horizon already got the Tallneck collab and there is much more potential to do sets with all the various machines.

It's good Sony offering more family friendly titles like Astro and Lego Horizon. Regarding PC, yeah a head-scratcher.

Reactions: Diah and Box

Thunderstorm__

31 May 2023
From now on, you will keep seeing the changing goalposts from these defenders. Now, it is "just a Lego game", tomorrow it will be "just a walking sim game". They are either not shrewd or just blindly ignore all the not-even-that-obscure signs that Sony is retardedly destroying the brand.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
From now on, you will keep seeing the changing goalposts from these defenders. Now, it is "just a Lego game", tomorrow it will be "just a walking sim game". They are either not shrewd or just blindly ignore all the not-even-that-obscure signs that Sony is retardedly destroying the brand.
Somehow they need PC to recoup the cost of the LEGO license. They might as well cancel it if they have to no faith in their own platform 🤡

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Do we still not have a developer for this? Is it Guerilla or the WB team?

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
PC dead? Nope. They (specifically, Steam) are getting all the big, medium & small 3P games Day 1 that used to be only on consoles (mainly PlayStation), aside from exceptions like GTA6. But quite a few of the other big games are PC/Steam-exclusive for months if not years, if not permanently. Baldur's Gate 3, HADES 2 (early access), No Rest For The Wicked (same), Star Citizen (full PC exclusive), VALORANT, League of Legends, World of Warcraft, DOTA2, Counterstrike 2 are just a few examples.

I wouldn't take some of these sales figure reports with PC listed to represent the full state of that part of the industry. For example with Circana/NPD, PC/Steam game sales by and large aren't covered because the publishers of those games (often also the dev if it's an indie) don't opt-in for Circana/NPD tracking. And, it's the same in many other markets.

Meanwhile stuff like World of Warcraft, VALORANT, League of Legends etc. aren't even covered by sales trackers and don't pop up on Steam, but we know they bring in a ton of money. Also ironically, both Microsoft and Sony are making PC an even more lucrative option going forward, but it's Sony who look like the ultimate idiots here. Because, unlike Microsoft, Sony have no vested interests in PC whatsoever; they're just wholly reliant on Valve (Steam) to provide the platform that PS Studios are subserviant to, in order to get their PC sales which are magnitudes less than on console (tho that might be changing...at the expense of console sales).
Sorry not sorry - you're wrong about PC. The dolts who make up its defence force - the steamlickers as I affectionately call them - have it in their heads that CCUs and F2P MTX revenue are comparable to premium customers who spend on hardware, software, subscriptions AND MTX.

China and Korea, the only two outliers in the global VG market, and the only ones that make up the enormous difference in revenue to the console market (it's more like 10:1 without them) are being invaded by consoles. SK's own government wants to invest in growing the console market.

Which makes these short-sighted moves by Sony all the more baffling.

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
PC fanboys: Sony's going day n date with their tentpole single player games. Those heavy hitters are coming.

Sony: Lego Horizon!

PC fanboys:
Ice Cube What GIF