Lego Horizon to be day one on PC & PS5

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
Until Dawn's also a remake of an almost 10-year old game. Something like that is "fine" going Day 1 to PC, I even said that a good while back.

Until Dawn came out in 2015.
Horizon Zero Dawn came out a year and a half later.

The idea that Until Dawn which is coming out this year and Horizon which is coming out next year at the earliest is somehow disparate in time periods is amusing.

"LEGO" Horizon. Lol. C'mon dude, this is Horizon. Horizon is the IP; LEGO is the license. Horizon is absolutely a tentpole franchise for SIE.

If SIE are afraid of pushback from their core console audience in announcing all these 1P games (either from internal teams or 3P partners) based on internal IP as PC Day 1, that aren't GAAS (or even if they're GAAS if there's so many of 'em), then they'll avoid having a Showcase.

Rather than work your way from your agenda to your conclusion, maybe work backwards assuming you're wrong and see if you can still reach the same conclusion logically.

You've imagined that sony is somehow scared to announce a title with their core audience, while somehow ignoring the reality that they might have wanted to capture some fanfare from summer games fest.

They announced Spider-Man 2's release date at summer games fest. As well as the debut date for Twisted Metal TV iirc.

They'll just hand these reveals out to other events like SGF and the VGAs, to avoid having to centralize all the criticism to their own major event.

This is pure fantasy.

I can admit the VR streaming idea was premature, but that was mainly out of frustration towards SIE for once again prioritizing a platform not PlayStation in order to supposedly provide value to something that was specifically sold as exclusively enhancing the console experience.

Now something like allowing media playback for console owners on their PSVR2s? That would be an obvious thing to do. Will SIE ever do it? Who the hell knows at this point.

The way you try to logic out things is completely warped. You even admit that you stated something as a fact out of your frustration. Think about how warped that is. What's crazy about it is that you're making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Sony giving additional functionality to people who own PSVR2 is a WIN for PlayStation users. The idea that it is something sold specifically for enhancing the console experience is where you reveal yourself as a fanboy. What do you lose exactly by people being able to use the headset on PC?

So you reacted as a illogical fanboy and created a rumor on numerous websites, stated it matter of fact and when called out you doubled down.

The slippery slope is real; you'll see over time.

Only in your mind. So I again challenge you to work yourself backwards from the idea that you're wrong and see if you can logically reach the same conclusions.

• sad
Reactions: arvfab
24 Jun 2022
Until Dawn came out in 2015.
Horizon Zero Dawn came out a year and a half later.

The idea that Until Dawn which is coming out this year and Horizon which is coming out next year at the earliest is somehow disparate in time periods is amusing.

Who said LEGO Horizon is a remake? Even if it is a remake, they just released HFW on PC. Didn't Sony say they want to draw in some PC gamers to pick up PS5s for sequels? Why wouldn't that extend to remakes of earlier games, if they are going to be framed similarly to a sequel? Why would Sony want to wait until 2027-2028 to pull in some PC people with a Horizon 3, when they could do that earlier with a LEGO Horizon?

Additionally, Until Dawn is not a tentpole SIE IP. It's always been a nice-to-have but it's similar to the Quantic Dream PS2 & PS3 games: nice additions, not tentpole IP to the PlayStation brand. Horizon is a tentpole IP. This spinoff is using that tentpole IP in a way that is non-GAAS. It's likely going to be announced Day 1 for PS5 & PC.

That is a direct contradiction to what Herman said at the investors call. It's okay to call CEOs hypocrites, y'know?

Rather than work your way from your agenda to your conclusion, maybe work backwards assuming you're wrong and see if you can still reach the same conclusion logically.

You've imagined that sony is somehow scared to announce a title with their core audience, while somehow ignoring the reality that they might have wanted to capture some fanfare from summer games fest.

They announced Spider-Man 2's release date at summer games fest. As well as the debut date for Twisted Metal TV iirc.

Revealing SM2's release date is not the same as revealing it wholesale; they had already revealed it at their own Showcase that May. In that sense, staggering out a release date for SGF was a good idea. Twisted Metal Season 2 isn't even a video game, it's a TV show.

No console owner is going to be miffed if SIE give a TV show announcement to SGF, better there than at a PS Showcase (which should be focused on games).

This is pure fantasy.

The way you try to logic out things is completely warped. You even admit that you stated something as a fact out of your frustration. Think about how warped that is. What's crazy about it is that you're making a mountain out of a mole hill.

I didn't say SIE adding VR streaming to PSVR2 for console owners was a fact, how could I when they haven't done it yet? Yes I admit that idea was maybe based on an improbable premise, but the core of the idea was to suggest that SIE should be trying to add value to PSVR2 for console owners that doesn't hinge on them having a secondary device outside of the PS ecosystem.

Sony giving additional functionality to people who own PSVR2 is a WIN for PlayStation users. The idea that it is something sold specifically for enhancing the console experience is where you reveal yourself as a fanboy. What do you lose exactly by people being able to use the headset on PC?

You don't "lose" anything, but a console owner who bought a PSVR2 early on, very likely did so to actually use it with their console. They expected the total value proposition to be focused on the console. Maybe that console owner doesn't have a beefy enough PC for VR gaming, so for those owners, PC functionality adds absolutely nothing.

They can't make use of it without potentially spending hundreds to upgrade their PC, and that is not what they signed up for when buying a PSVR2. The amount of PSVR2 owners who can maximize use of the headset on PC for VR gaming is likely smaller than those who can't. If it isn't, then SIE are basically prioritizing PC in lieu of their own console to keep PSVR2 users engaged, so those users are going to do their VR gaming on PC instead of PS5.

Which means, even LESS incentive for PC VR game devs to port their games to PS5, because those PS5 owners will already be playing those VR games on PC with their PSVR2 headsets! And it gets even worst considering, that SIE's main purpose for PC compatibility, is to sell PSVR2 to new customers on PC, less so offer extra use for console owners with a headset. Those PC users who get a PSVR2 are just going to stick to playing VR games on PC, and have little to no desire to buy a PS5 for VR experiences.

Herman's master plan of converting PC gamers to PS5 owners failing in record fashion, no? 😁

So you reacted as a illogical fanboy and created a rumor on numerous websites, stated it matter of fact and when called out you doubled down.

What are you talking about? I didn't create a rumor. I'm not in that line of stuff. I had an idea for how Sony could've added some benefit to PSVR2 for PS5 owners, and shared that idea. That's all it ever was; I don't claim to be an insider or anything.

Only in your mind. So I again challenge you to work yourself backwards from the idea that you're wrong and see if you can logically reach the same conclusions.

I've already worked it out from multiple angles and, no, you cannot convince me that PC functionality for PSVR2 is somehow either an inherent benefit for most of the console owners who bought the headset, a stimulant in getting more VR games ported to PS5, or helping SIE get some PC gamers to jump into buying a PS5 (because obviously, they'd want those people to also buy 3P games and peripherals on PS5 as SIE gets more money from that collectively, than just their own 1P game sales).

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
These motherfuckers set themselves up. Yesterday you say one thing and today is a difference story. Why they don’t just outright release everything day one so I can get rid of my console. Ffs

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Diah and JAHGamer

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
These motherfuckers set themselves up. Yesterday you say one thing and today is a difference story. Why they don’t just outright release everything day one so I can get rid of my console. Ffs
But remember the market leader was powerless to Lego, they had no choice but to surrender and make a PC day and date contract otherwise, they couldn't license their own IP to Lego who needs gaming partners for IP's ;)

Polyh3dron

Veteran
31 Jan 2024
is this a multiplayer-centric game?
is it a live service?

oh.

is it 2027 yet?

ohhhhhhhh hahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahaha

tried to yell yall
Thing is we can argue this until we’re blue in the face but this is the second time now they’ve reiterated the exact same strategy. GaaS day one, single player, whatever makes sense. Consoles are a core tenant of the PlayStation brand and they’re not going to jeapordize that now unless something drastically changes, which by most accounts, things are looking fine. The argument of “executives are gonna override this” doesn’t make sense when the executives are the ones pushing this strategy. It honestly just comes across as needless fearmongering because there’s nothing to substantiate this stance.
Keep dreaming.
In your dreams.
@JAHGamer are you not soured?

Last edited:

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Haha, I knew it, I knew it wasn't going to be Traveller's Tales. People are going to be so disappointed when it sucks.

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
Who said LEGO Horizon is a remake? Even if it is a remake, they just released HFW on PC. Didn't Sony say they want to draw in some PC gamers to pick up PS5s for sequels? Why wouldn't that extend to remakes of earlier games, if they are going to be framed similarly to a sequel? Why would Sony want to wait until 2027-2028 to pull in some PC people with a Horizon 3, when they could do that earlier with a LEGO Horizon?

Additionally, Until Dawn is not a tentpole SIE IP. It's always been a nice-to-have but it's similar to the Quantic Dream PS2 & PS3 games: nice additions, not tentpole IP to the PlayStation brand. Horizon is a tentpole IP. This spinoff is using that tentpole IP in a way that is non-GAAS. It's likely going to be announced Day 1 for PS5 & PC.

That is a direct contradiction to what Herman said at the investors call. It's okay to call CEOs hypocrites, y'know?

It's not a contradiction because only you see this as a tentpole release. Maybe because you don't understand the word tentpole.

Revealing SM2's release date is not the same as revealing it wholesale; they had already revealed it at their own Showcase that May. In that sense, staggering out a release date for SGF was a good idea. Twisted Metal Season 2 isn't even a video game, it's a TV show.

No console owner is going to be miffed if SIE give a TV show announcement to SGF, better there than at a PS Showcase (which should be focused on games).

You're an irrational actor. No console owners are miffed if SIE announces games at summer games fest or in a state of play. Only weirdly obsessive fanboys.

I didn't say SIE adding VR streaming to PSVR2 for console owners was a fact, how could I when they haven't done it yet? Yes I admit that idea was maybe based on an improbable premise, but the core of the idea was to suggest that SIE should be trying to add value to PSVR2 for console owners that doesn't hinge on them having a secondary device outside of the PS ecosystem.

You don't "lose" anything, but a console owner who bought a PSVR2 early on, very likely did so to actually use it with their console. They expected the total value proposition to be focused on the console. Maybe that console owner doesn't have a beefy enough PC for VR gaming, so for those owners, PC functionality adds absolutely nothing.

They can't make use of it without potentially spending hundreds to upgrade their PC, and that is not what they signed up for when buying a PSVR2. The amount of PSVR2 owners who can maximize use of the headset on PC for VR gaming is likely smaller than those who can't. If it isn't, then SIE are basically prioritizing PC in lieu of their own console to keep PSVR2 users engaged, so those users are going to do their VR gaming on PC instead of PS5.

Which means, even LESS incentive for PC VR game devs to port their games to PS5, because those PS5 owners will already be playing those VR games on PC with their PSVR2 headsets! And it gets even worst considering, that SIE's main purpose for PC compatibility, is to sell PSVR2 to new customers on PC, less so offer extra use for console owners with a headset. Those PC users who get a PSVR2 are just going to stick to playing VR games on PC, and have little to no desire to buy a PS5 for VR experiences.

Herman's master plan of converting PC gamers to PS5 owners failing in record fashion, no? 😁

What if I told you that there is no master plan, because that's not a real priority.

What are you talking about? I didn't create a rumor. I'm not in that line of stuff. I had an idea for how Sony could've added some benefit to PSVR2 for PS5 owners, and shared that idea. That's all it ever was; I don't claim to be an insider or anything.

I've already worked it out from multiple angles and, no, you cannot convince me that PC functionality for PSVR2 is somehow either an inherent benefit for most of the console owners who bought the headset, a stimulant in getting more VR games ported to PS5, or helping SIE get some PC gamers to jump into buying a PS5 (because obviously, they'd want those people to also buy 3P games and peripherals on PS5 as SIE gets more money from that collectively, than just their own 1P game sales).

Apparently this is NOT native support; it's a streaming client solution so PSVR2 users can access PCVR games via streaming.

So in other words, it's kind of like a PS Portal approach.

This is what you actually said. Apparently this is NOT native support. That's a statement of fact, again based on nothing. How was this apparent?

You're an irrational actor. PC support takes nothing away from anyone, it's only additive, whether someone has a PC or not is irrelevant. If you don't have a PC... nothing changes for you at all.

As for the argument that fewer developers would port VR games to PS5 because of this... that also doesn't add up.

Either this doesn't move the needle at all or it results in increased PSVR2 unit sales and the only way that doesn't help garner more support for PS5 is if these units are purely purchased by PC owners who do not own PS5, but guess what that STILL helps PS5 owners, because Sony would then have the increased demand for these units and continue to support VR.

In any of these scenarios, it doesn't make sense for developers to spend less on PS5 VR simply because this headset is now available on PC as it surely won't move the needle in the PC space.

Again, I challenge you to logic out your arguments.

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Apparently it was not a Sony decision solely.

Lego pushed for it. Well it's technically two IPs, Lego and Horizon. This was approved by Jim Ryan, yes the old geezer some of you marionettes do worship as war hero. The game was developed for 4 years, ergo Jim Ryan era. If he was still in charge, PlayStation would have next gen turned into Xbox 2.0...
Anyway weak from Sony to agree to those conditions. A Super Mario Lego gsme would have been Switch only. Fuck Jim Ryan and his degenerate vision of business.

Reactions: Diah and Luffy123

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Apparently it was not a Sony decision solely.

Lego pushed for it. Well it's technically two IPs, Lego and Horizon. This was approved by Jim Ryan, yes the old geezer some of you marionettes do worship as war hero. The game was developed for 4 years, ergo Jim Ryan era. If he was still in charge, PlayStation would have next gen turned into Xbox 2.0...
Anyway weak from Sony to agree to those conditions. A Super Mario Lego gsme would have been Switch only. Fuck Jim Ryan and his degenerate vision of business.

Yeah, this is common sense. It's the MLB situation all over again, expect Sony had at least a little bargaining power to prevent it from releasing on xbox.

They're still weak. It's quite pathetic that you;re letting LEGO bully you and handling your IP. Not the first time Sony made a blunder like this.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
But remember the market leader was powerless to Lego, they had no choice but to surrender and make a PC day and date contract otherwise, they couldn't license their own IP to Lego who needs gaming partners for IP's ;)
This is the issue. First it's MBL, then it's their shitty legal missfire that allowed DS on PC GamePass and now this. How the fuck can their bargaining power be this weak? You own the IP, you're the market leader. Have some backbone.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Diah and Umar

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
Why skip PS4?
Because people bitched when games were multi gen.

I think this is a smart way to start the attack on Nintendo's share of the console market. Legofy your IP targeted at older demographic and try and get the kids introduced to gaming via Nintendo to think of Sony games/consoles in the future.

ChorizoPicozo

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
This is the issue. First it's MBL, then it's their shitty legal missfire that allowed DS on PC GamePass and now this. How the fuck can their bargaining power be this weak? You own the IP, you're the market leader. Have some backbone.
It's not on Xbox.
DS was not on console GP (published by 505)

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
So is this made with another studio of PS studio/ Guerilla? I havent been able to watch

If its Guerilla’s main team or.a main PS studio game then its a shame.

If its another studio then its fine and not bothered. Just dont want them wasting there main studios on something like this. Also I dont care if a non PS studio game is coming to Switch or PC.

Im a huge hater on the PC ports, one of the biggest but something like this is better than putting games like Horizon 2, Ragnarok, Returnal etc on PC. This is actually a better idea than porting there main games on PC

Obviously I think its smarter to keep everything exclusive, but something like Lego Horizon isnt one Im gonna complain about too much, way better to put spin offs on rival platforms then actual games like Returnal, Ragnarok and Spiderman 2

Last edited:

ChorizoPicozo

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
So is this made with another studio of PS studio/ Guerilla? I havent been able to watch

If its another studio then its fine and not bothered. Just dont want them wasting there main studios on something like this. Also I dont care if a non PS studio game is coming to Switch or PC.

Im a huge hater on the PC ports, one of the biggest but something like this is better than putting games like Horizon 2, Ragnarok, Returnal etc on PC. This is actually a better idea than porting there main games on PC

Obviously I think its smarter to keep everything exclusive, but something like Lego Horizon isnt one Im gonna complain about too much
is not branded as a PS Studio game

Reactions: Kokoloko

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven

Obviously I think its smarter to keep everything exclusive, but something like Lego Horizon isnt one Im gonna complain about too much
It's some 3rd party small studio.

Reactions: Kokoloko