Lego Horizon to be day one on PC & PS5

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Sackboy another platformer was $60 again this stuff depends on budget and genre. Just stop
Because they are using the market that it was a old generation / cross-gen game that could be played on PS5.... and the upgrade was FREE.

"Buy the digital PS4™ version of this game from PlayStation™Store and download the PS5™ version at no extra cost when it launches on 12 November 2020."

I brought it.

No PS5 only games was set at $60... all you had to pay $70.
But there are some inconsistency that generated a lot of hate in the media... for example Horizon (if I remember correctly) that was set at $70 on PS5 but it was a cross-gen game $60 on PS4 and had no upgrade path... Sony had to change the price before launch due backslash.

Old Gamer

Veteran
Founder
5 Aug 2022
Jim Ryan was the scapegoat. There, I said it.
Here is the real traitor.
Microsoft-Sony-Kooperation-Yoshida-Nadella-640x336.jpg

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Because they are using the market that it was a old generation / cross-gen game that could be played on PS5.... and the upgrade was FREE.

"Buy the digital PS4™ version of this game from PlayStation™Store and download the PS5™ version at no extra cost when it launches on 12 November 2020."

I brought it.

No PS5 only games was set at $60... all you had to pay $70.
But there are some inconsistency that generated a lot of hate in the media... for example Horizon (if I remember correctly) that was set at $70 on PS5 but it was a cross-gen game $60 on PS4 and had no upgrade path... Sony had to change the price before launch due backslash.
Sony had to walk back the Horizon price fiasco because they had promised it would have an upgrade path.

Again you are choosing to ignore the last two generations of dynamic pricing by a Sony. They are still doing it this generation. Yes, they were bullish in the beginning since they were one of the few going with $70 games at the time and needed to condition the buyers. But they also know charging $70 for a platformer is a death kneel. I dunno why are you are being so stubborn.

• fire
Reactions: Muddasar

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Here is the real traitor.
Microsoft-Sony-Kooperation-Yoshida-Nadella-640x336.jpg
Been said it for years. This man threw PlayStation under the bus before PS5 launched claiming how gaming is niche, meanwhile he had no issue collecting all the profits to subsidize his pet projects and huge bonuses.

Reactions: Fortinbras

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Sony had to walk back the Horizon price fiasco because they had promised it would have an upgrade path.

Again you are choosing to ignore the last two generations of dynamic pricing by a Sony. They are still doing it this generation. Yes, they were bullish in the beginning since they were one of the few going with $70 games at the time and needed to condition the buyers. But they also know charging $70 for a platformer is a death kneel. I dunno why are you are being so stubborn.
There is no dynamic price at all since PS Store launched.
All full priced games were $60 at launch until... they changed to $70.

Of course after launch you had fire sales, day of Playstation, etc that lead games to have lower prices due discounts.

Ask any PS consumer how much they expect to pay in a new game release at launch on PS5? They will say $70... no matter when it will launch they already knows how much it will be priced.

Only games the fall apart in content get prices below that and that is exactly what we are talking here... Astro is a full priced game... it will probably be $70... if it is $60 then it will generate another backslash like the confusing rules from cross-game titles $60 / $70 in the past.

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
There is no dynamic price at all since PS Store launched.
All full priced games were $60 at launch until... they changed to $70.

Of course after launch you had fire sales, day of Playstation, etc that lead games to have lower prices due discounts.

Ask any PS consumer how much they expect to pay in a new game release on PS5? They will say $70.
Why was Ratchet $40 last Gen?
Why was Uncharted The Lost Legacy $40? Last Gen?

Why was Miles Morales cheaper than Spiderman 2?

I'm done wasting my time with you, you're intentionally being obtuse.

• fire
Reactions: Muddasar

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Why was Ratchet $40 last Gen?
Why was Uncharted The Lost Legacy $40? Last Gen?

Why was Miles Morales cheaper than Spiderman 2?

I'm done wasting my time with you, you're intentionally being obtuse.
Uncharted The Lost Legacy and Miles Morales are stand-alone DLC that is priced $40 for PS4 and now $50 on PS5.
Most remakes / remaster on PS4 in the past where set at the middle price too but recently Sony started to change to the full price like Demon's Souls Remake.

Spider-man 2 is a new game in the franchise at full price $70.
It is not a stand-alone DLC.

BTW Insomniac leak talks a lot about the difference between a standalone DLC and full priced new games.

24 Jun 2022
PlayStation games are not being released on PC day one. *

* exception include: multiplayer games, GaaS, Bungie games, remakes, remasters, games that are not "tenpole games"

Why should Sony not release their games on PC day one anyway? PlayStation fans seems to think it's great and keep coming up with excuses for them.

The funniest part here is: when was Astro Bot considered a tentpole IP?

No shade, but let's also be honest here. Astro's not been a major IP the same way Spiderman, TLOU, Uncharted, GOW, Horizon, or GT are. Even R&C have more cache as a tentpole IP than Astro Bot.

Again, the new Astro looks great. But popularity-wise it's not a tentpole game...yet somehow that's the (timed) console exclusive. Not the game based on an actual tentpole IP.

Amazing 🙄

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Uncharted The Lost Legacy and Miles Morales are stand-alone DLC that is priced $40 for PS4 and now $50 on PS5.
Most remakes / remaster on PS4 in the past where set at the middle price too but recently Sony started to change to the full price like Demon's Souls Remake.

Spider-man 2 is a new game in the franchise at full price $70.
It is not a stand-alone DLC.

BTW Insomniac leak talks a lot about the difference between a standalone DLC and full priced new games.
They are full fledged games you 🤡

That's like Saying Ratchet and Clank - All 4 One is a DLC because it wasn't a mainland game 🤣

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
They are full fledged games you 🤡
They are standalone DLC (or expansion if you prefer).

They are DLC for the full fledged games that were launched as an standalone game.
That started with inFamous: Second Son DLC.
And after several others followed the practice like Uncharted 4, The Last of Us, Spider-man, etc.

Miles Morales is an expansion for Spider-man.
The Lost Legacy is an expansion for Uncharted 4.

They use the same engine and assets of the base game they were build on.

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
That is how Sony defined it.
The Lost Legacy started out as DLC. It was originally meant to be a short character story thing similar to Left Behind. I would know as it was included in the Uncharted 4 multiplayer season pass.

Naughty Dog then came out and said it became a full scale game and they will honor those who bought the season pass and still give it to them but it will became it's own game 🤣.

That's the only reason it was called a DLC by Sony as that's how it started out.

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
Jim Ryan was the scapegoat. There, I said it.

Yep, this is how it starts. People are already coming up with tons of excuses tho.

@mibu no ookami looks like I'm gonna win that bet 😂

Until Dawn was already day and date before this... it's like people don't pay attention to anything and then when they see information that they think aligns with their agenda they make it sound like a blockbuster.

Neither Until Dawn or Lego Horizon are tentpole games. In fact, most people questioned why either exist in the first place.

As for how this would have any bearing whatsoever on a showcase is beyond me, but again you seem to draw the most ridiculous conclusions based on information that has nothing to do with anything.

Again, I would LOVE for you to explain how you had half the internet convinced that the PSVR2 PC access was going to be via streaming when there was no mention if it in the blogpost AND it would be the most ill conceived way to accomplish that.

There is something seriously wrong with your deduction skills. I called you out immediately, you doubled down, and you were completely and predictably wrong.

24 Jun 2022
No wonder he jumped ship lol. His final message to future leadership seems even more ominous now in hindsight

It definitely does. Also starting to think Jaffe might've been right about Connie Booth, even if Jaffe's also a blatant Game Pass/Xbox shill.

Until Dawn was already day and date before this... it's like people don't pay attention to anything and then when they see information that they think aligns with their agenda they make it sound like a blockbuster.

Until Dawn's also a remake of an almost 10-year old game. Something like that is "fine" going Day 1 to PC, I even said that a good while back.

Neither Until Dawn or Lego Horizon are tentpole games. In fact, most people questioned why either exist in the first place.

"LEGO" Horizon. Lol. C'mon dude, this is Horizon. Horizon is the IP; LEGO is the license. Horizon is absolutely a tentpole franchise for SIE.

As for how this would have any bearing whatsoever on a showcase is beyond me, but again you seem to draw the most ridiculous conclusions based on information that has nothing to do with anything.

If SIE are afraid of pushback from their core console audience in announcing all these 1P games (either from internal teams or 3P partners) based on internal IP as PC Day 1, that aren't GAAS (or even if they're GAAS if there's so many of 'em), then they'll avoid having a Showcase.

They'll just hand these reveals out to other events like SGF and the VGAs, to avoid having to centralize all the criticism to their own major event.

Again, I would LOVE for you to explain how you had half the internet convinced that the PSVR2 PC access was going to be via streaming when there was no mention if it in the blogpost AND it would be the most ill conceived way to accomplish that.

I can admit the VR streaming idea was premature, but that was mainly out of frustration towards SIE for once again prioritizing a platform not PlayStation in order to supposedly provide value to something that was specifically sold as exclusively enhancing the console experience.

Now something like allowing media playback for console owners on their PSVR2s? That would be an obvious thing to do. Will SIE ever do it? Who the hell knows at this point.

There is something seriously wrong with your deduction skills. I called you out immediately, you doubled down, and you were completely and predictably wrong.

The slippery slope is real; you'll see over time.

Last edited:

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
It definitely does. Also starting to think Jaffe might've been right about Connie Booth, even if Jaffe's also a blatant Game Pass/Xbox shill.
Of course he was right about her. She was set up to fail and they threw her under the bus for their GaaS approach blowing up in their faces lol. Hermen bought studios like Haven and expected Connie to turn water into wine with them.

A studio like London had no business doing a GaaS but what was she to do? Factions should have been a lobby based arena shooter free to everyone on PSN... Nah they wanted GaaS.

She was an expert in single player till they came pushed for otherwise

Reactions: Diah