Lego Horizon to be day one on PC & PS5

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
It’s a Lego Horizon game 🤦‍♂️Sony owns the Horizon IP. The IP supersedes the fact that it’s a Lego game. Compare Lego Star Wars games sales to Lego City games. IP is what determines the level of success a Lego game will get. So Sony had all the leverage here, if they wanted it to be exclusive, it would’ve been exclusive. If there was a Lego Mario game, you think it’d launch on pc? Stop lying to yourself just to defend a billion dollar company

It doesn’t.

Sony have licensed the LEGO IP from LEGO just like MLB the Show from MLB.

Did Sony decide to release MLB the Show Day 1 on Xbox or was it MLB who forced it or lose the license?

Of course we all saw the Day 1 Sony games after this on Xbox.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Technically it does make it a live service game, but live service is not an "online" game necessarily, it just allows for you to buy shit from within the game.
No it doesn’t, live service = endless updates and focus on prolonged monetization. What Lego game has ever had a bunch of post game updates with paid content? None. Neither did Sackboy, there were a few skins that came out after release, but they were all free.

Reactions: Luffy123

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
This is cool news for Lego and Horizon fans! I hope whoever plays it enjoys it. A bit of an odd crossover if you ask me, but there are weirder crossovers out there.

I mean, it's dinosaur robots that have parts that can fall off.
I've never seen a better gameplay fit than that for lego blocks. They're going explode everywhere.

LEGO collabs have done much weirder things successfully.

Reactions: TrishaCat

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
It doesn’t.

Sony have licensed the LEGO IP from LEGO just like MLB the Show from MLB.

Did Sony decide to release MLB the Show Day 1 on Xbox or was it MLB who forced it or lose the license?

Of course we all saw the Day 1 Sony games after this on Xbox.
lol you don’t wanna take your L, I’m not gonna keep going back and forth with someone arguing in bad faith. Keep your head in the sand and leave us people in the real world alone

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
No it doesn’t, live service = endless updates and focus on prolonged monetization. What Lego game has ever had a bunch of post game updates with paid content? None. Neither did Sackboy, there were a few skins that came out after release, but they were all free.
I'm basing myself on the "leak" that says it will have in-game purchases, which would make it live service. I don't really care.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
lol you don’t wanna take your L, I’m not gonna keep going back and forth with someone arguing in bad faith. Keep your head in the sand and leave us people in the real world alone

What L?

Real world? Sure.

Bump this thread when TLOU2 and others are Day 1.

Just like Sony did on Xbox after MLB Show.

I will happily get my head out of the sand.

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
Imagine calling a LEGO game GaaS and using that as an excuse for day-1 on PC.

Many of the past LEGO games had "in-game purchases" for additional mini-figs, never heard someone call them GaaS.

Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Can't wait to play all PlayStation exclusives on nextbox with Steam 😂
TbvOuEO.jpeg

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
Stupid as fuck you don’t see Nintendo putting out Mario side games on other consoles to grow their IP

But I guess they think it makes sense because both horizon games are on PC already

Mario is a Nintendo's IP, Lego is a licensed game

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
I'm basing myself on the "leak" that says it will have in-game purchases, which would make it live service. I don't really care.
In game purchases can mean anything, including upgrading to the deluxe edition. But let’s just wait and see, I’d bet it’s not gaas.

Reactions: Puff

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
Is this the live service Horizon game rumored a while ago?

Does this mean GoT 2 will be on PC on day 1 because of legends?

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
In game purchases can mean anything, including upgrading to the deluxe edition. But let’s just wait and see, I’d bet it’s not gaas.
Yeah I understand, I'm kinda playing devil's advocate here.