March 2023 NPD, PS5 has outsold PS4 in the same time period (29 months), PS5 best-selling in both units and dollar sales, Switch #2, Xbox #3

VillaiN

10 Feb 2023
Xbox reminds me of sega in 90s.
They re paying price for stupid decisions from last decade +. Th3y lost customer trust and they re not gett8ng it back. Th3y can make cod exclusive tomorrow. Buy T2 and it wont make big dent. Almost 15 years of no games does that. Its printed in market that xbox s missing high quality games.
Also that MS doesnt give a f about europe and rest of world. Customers dont forget and that notion spreads among people.

Complete oposite of what sony s doing i
Especially in last 15 years. Althought they didnt have that much exclusives they earned trust from 1995 and ps1. I see it that way in europe.

My 2 cents.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Xbox reminds me of sega in 90s.
They re paying price for stupid decisions from last decade +. Th3y lost customer trust and they re not gett8ng it back. Th3y can make cod exclusive tomorrow. Buy T2 and it wont make big dent. Almost 15 years of no games does that. Its printed in market that xbox s missing high quality games.
Also that MS doesnt give a f about europe and rest of world. Customers dont forget and that notion spreads among people.

Complete oposite of what sony s doing i
Especially in last 15 years. Althought they didnt have that much exclusives they earned trust from 1995 and ps1. I see it that way in europe.

My 2 cents.
I agree.
Just to add.

MS seems not to care about to change their status quo.... they think Gamepass can create a new sucessful market somehow wihtout they release good amount of games.

Plus take PS3 case... in the worst period when hardware was not selling like Sony wanted they keep working and releasing several exclusives every year... that time multi acclaimed games like Resistance: Fall of Man, MotorStorm, Warhawk, Flower, Uncharted, Resistence 2, MGS4, LittleBigPlanet, Demon's Souls, inFAMOUS, Killzone 2, Ratchet & Clank Future PS3 (3 games), Uncharted 2, etc... between 2007 and 2009 Sony deliveryed the goods on PS3.

When MS ever did the same as Sony?

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Just checked now
  • Bestbuy - Xbox Series S and X bundles available
  • Amazon - Xbox Series S and X bundles available
  • Costo - Xbox Series X available for members only, Xbox Series S with a couple remotes and headset available for members only
  • Target - Fuckin stupid thing requires a ZIP code to check stores, but in the random one I added, you can get a Series X with all-access, and the Series S is readily available in store
If I want a Series X in the US I can get it as part of a bundle pretty much everywhere. The whole "not available" is bullshit, and it being in a bundle is added bullshit - If people want the product, 50 quid more for a bundle with additional items will absolutely not prevent a purchase, especially since the competition (PS5 disc) is available for the same 550 quid without any additional items. @Bryank75 seems to be on something with the whole "soft price increase" angle.

I love the damage limitation attempt though.

As for Europe, I can buy a Series X or S everywhere.
Imagine, i sold my PS5 for 1100€, and here, we have xbots who can't pay extra 50$?
Especially, you can sell that code for the game.
These fuckers perfectly know that xbox turd is not worth it and has low demand, so they just grabbing every last straw.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Imagine, i sold my PS5 for 1100€, and here, we have xbots who can't pay extra 50$?
Especially, you can sell that code for the game.
These fuckers perfectly know that xbox turd is not worth it and has low demand, so they just grabbing every last straw.
Hard to sell a code for a Game Pass highlight. The main complaint about the bundle from Xbots is that the game is worthless, but the bundle still has the price added.

Reactions: Deleted member 417

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
that time multi acclaimed games like Resistance: Fall of Man, MotorStorm, Warhawk, Flower, Uncharted, Resistence 2, MGS4, LittleBigPlanet, Demon's Souls, inFAMOUS, Killzone 2, Ratchet & Clank Future PS3 (3 games), Uncharted 2, etc... between 2007 and 2009 Sony deliveryed the goods on PS3.

When MS ever did the same as Sony?
This is the part a lot of people forget. Sony never lacked on games, even when they were down bad you could point to the software being incredible. MS does not have this type of ammo whatsoever. You can point to 4 years of one generation but this was over 15 years ago. The ship has sailed.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
@Welfare

Just to point your estimate on IntallBase.

Xbox One November 2015 (25 months): 9,745,000
Xbox Series November 2022 (25 months): 8,736,000

1,009,000 difference

The gap is probably only ~1.2M right now.

You forget something very important.
XB1 did amazing in NPD December 2015... like over 1.3 million units. (edit - 1376k)
Series did what in NPD December 2022? 700k? Less?

Even if your estimate is 1,009,000 for November (25 months) there is no way to have increased only 200k in the next 4 months with a gap probably over 500k in December only... using your own estimate for Q1 (that looks overestimated for Series imo)... the gap is probably bigger than 1.5 million.

That is why people take your number as biased... these type of "minor" "mistakes"... always try to make it better than what it is for Xbox.

Link for these that are interested: https://www.installbaseforum.com/fo...d-update-ps5-620k-new-record.1529/post-152529

Last edited:
  • fire
Reactions: Cool hand luke

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
BTW @Xevross being lucid as usual.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Looks like tome are praying this is not the PS5 baseline after supply is fixed.

1682015842349.png

I don't see PS5 not selling that well for the whole year... it will be up in triple digits until end of year.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
@Welfare

XB1 did amazing in NPD December 2015... like over 1.3 million units. (edit - 1376k)
Series did what in NPD December 2022? 700k? Less?

Even if your estimate is 1,009,000 for November (25 months) there is no way to have increased only 200k in the next 4 months with a gap probably over 500k in December only... using your own estimate for Q1 (that looks overestimated for Series imo)... the gap is probably bigger than 1.5 million.

That is why people take your number as biased... these type of "minor" "mistakes"... always try to make it better than what it is for Xbox.

Link for these that are interested: https://www.installbaseforum.com/fo...d-update-ps5-620k-new-record.1529/post-152529
Someone calls him out on this exact thing in the next post. God damn, the Xbox house of cards just keeps crumbling.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Imagine if stock issues were fine last 2 years….
Also looking forward to a slim and Pro model

FIREK2029

24 Jun 2022
Looks like tome are praying this is not the PS5 baseline after supply is fixed.

View attachment 1062

I don't see PS5 not selling that well for the whole year... it will be up in triple digits until end of year.
Sony is selling this crazy without FF16 and Spiderman 2. These idiots are in for a rude awakening if they are hoping PS5 sales eventually start to slow down. Sony is about to sell a lot more once those games drop. This is just the tip of the iceberg as far as PS5’s sales go.

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
Moses-PS-Jpeg.jpg

Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023

I think it is increasingly likely that Microsoft will abandon the Xbox Hardware and go completely third party​

With Xbox hardware sales plummeting, as well as the recent news regarding Microsoft's management unhappiness with the Xbox division, I think the chances of Xbox ditching hardware (which has always been the loss-making side of video-game business) and morphing into a full-fledged third-party publisher are increasingly likely. This move will enable them to maximise ROI from their ActiBlizz acquisition and bolster their sales/relationship with PlayStation, potentially leading to massive profits in their game division; plus it also gives them time to fully work on the cloud and mobile without the distraction of consoles.

Thoughts?

just read and enjoy

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz

I think it is increasingly likely that Microsoft will abandon the Xbox Hardware and go completely third party​

just read and enjoy
Is the OP banned already? 🔥

Edit - It is not open to replies anymore… Mods censored like expected from ERA.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
@Welfare

To be fair, Series has been impacted by the chips shortages, while XBO didn't, so maybe we'll see a small comeback in recent/next few months.

just read and enjoy
Well, during years MS has been transitioning from console to PC (and mobile), from focusing on selling games to focus on game subs, and from being a platform holder that pubishes only on their own console to become a multiplatform 3rd party that publishes on all consoles.

I think that if they continue in that direction, the natural path will be to do sooner or later a Sega: to kill their console hardware, specially if they keep losing market share, something they try to hide/compensate with big acquisitions.

Last edited:

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023

just read and enjoy
Xbox is never, ever, ever stopping investments until they are above the PlayStation brand.

Pandora's box (i.e the war chest) was opened by Microsoft, and there's no closing it.
Ok so Sony is going to deplete all of Microsoft's reserves and sink their stock price then? Because Xbox will never be 'above' the PlayStation brand. It never has been in any territory since the dawn of time, or the year 2000.