March 2023 NPD, PS5 has outsold PS4 in the same time period (29 months), PS5 best-selling in both units and dollar sales, Switch #2, Xbox #3

Welfare

Forum Veteran
23 Jan 2023
So it would start when both consoles were on the market for gen 6 but stop or change when one of the consoles released in gen 7?

Sure, Jan.

Xbox has only had one good generation. That's also an aberration, so no, the performance we're seeing now is expected of them.
There's been a significantly longer time when Xbox was either far outselling PlayStation or somewhat outsold by PlayStation.

The past few months are not normal, but if Microsoft doesn't act then it could be one the new norm.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Elden Ring DLC should try to target July. This year is packed with release on PS5 with only May and July open. That would keep the momentum going for it all the way to Spider-man 2.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
There's been a significantly longer time when Xbox was either far outselling PlayStation or somewhat outsold by PlayStation.

The past few months are not normal, but if Microsoft doesn't act then it could be one the new norm.
What if I told you that PS5 being supply constrained is what wasn't normal? What we are seeing now is what happens when the PS5 has ample supply.

What happens is that the lesser console gets crushed.

When is Xbox going to do something? Is it going to be July against FFXVI? Is it going to be September against Spider-man?

• brain
Reactions: Bryank75

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023

Or a return to the status quo, as established during gen 6.

Though your assertion that "there's been a significantly longer time when Xbox was either far outselling PlayStation..." is false. The PSP contributed to PlayStation sales and landed somewhere around 17mil in the states iirc. Combined with PS3 and what PS2 sold in the USA over the 360's lifetime, that's yet another period of time Xbox has not outsold PlayStation.

I'm just technically correcting you. The Xbox home console has indeed outsold PlayStation's home console in the USA at one point.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I didn't say that. Why can't you people ever quote me with my own words.

The Forza bundle is barely in stock. In fact, it's the highest it's been in weeks in the Amazon charts. Last week it was hovering out of the top 100 and is now #64. Are you going to say demand has increased, or has more supply simply come in? It's not available for online purchase at GameStop, you need to go in store.

The $499 non bundled is in more demand. Whenever both SKU are available, the $499 sells more at every retailer. Despite that, it's out of stock everywhere.

And before anyone shows some random third party seller or one store with one unit, no, that isn't a console in stock.

🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Deleted member 417

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz

Are there?

There way longer time PS outselling Xbox in US than the opposite.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023

🤷‍♂️
Dude just needs to admit he has a bias.

Reactions: ethomaz

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022

🤷‍♂️
I don't see anything in that post that indicates that Welfare claimed that "bundles don't count"... can you clarify what you mean? Maybe you misread what he wrote.

Reactions: AngryRobotBees

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
I don't think there will be a retreat but to some degree ABK management take over MS management. Like handle EU marketing.
It’s cute that you think Microsoft would do anything intelligently after the merger.

And that you think the merger will pass the FTC.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I don't see anything in that post that indicates that Welfare claimed that "bundles don't count"... can you clarify what you mean? Maybe you misread what he wrote.
Do you literally the words?

He quoted a guy showing the Series X was available and tried to rationalize that the bundle is the Forza bundle that doesn’t have the selling power or the console.

That for me is the same saying that bundle being available doesn’t count as the Series X being available 🤷‍♂️

I mean why the bundle being the only option available is not a issue for PS5? Because there is demand.

Series X even available doesn’t have the demand to sell… it doesn’t matter if it is a bundle or not… saying that bundle doesn’t count as Series X in stock is just weird.

I should not need to explain that I guess…

Last edited:

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022

He quoted a guy showing the Series X was available and tried to rationalize that the bundle is the Forza bundle that doesn’t have the selling power or the console.

That for me is the same saying that bundle being available doesn’t count as the Series X being available 🤷‍♂️

I mean why the bundle being the only option available is not a issue for PS5? Because there is demand.

Series X even available doesn’t have the demand to sell… it doesn’t matter if it is a bundle or not… saying that bundle doesn’t count as Series X in stock is just weird.

I should not even explain that…
I think both are true, Series X doesn't have demand, but Forza bundle is even lower demand - Forza is a niche game and old, plus not discounted and is free in gamepass... if you told me I had to pay extra $60 for series x to be bundled with that I'd say no thank you. I think it's also likely that all series x shipments are being converted into bundles to generate more revenue, I just don't get how people are arriving at sales estimates in the environment where microsoft doesn't provide numbers.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023

I should not even explain that…
Yep. The fact that it's readily available in bundle form means it's readily available. The standalone console may not be, but the thing about supply and demand is that if demand exceeds supply, people will pay more to get their hands on a console until equilibrium is reached. What we see here is a clear lack of demand at the $559 price point.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I think both are true, Series X doesn't have demand, but Forza bundle is even lower demand - Forza is a niche game and old, plus not discounted and is free in gamepass... if you told me I had to pay extra $60 for series x to be bundled with that I'd say no thank you. I think it's also likely that all series x shipments are being converted into bundles to generate more revenue, I just don't get how people are arriving at sales estimates in the environment where microsoft doesn't provide numbers.
But gamers when want to buy a console don’t look if it is a bundle or not.
Having only bundled available doesn’t affect sales in my opinion.
Retail do bundles like that because it will sell.

The point is if Series X was having supply issues the bundle should be sold out too.

If you are having bundle on stock you mostly like have a demand issue… not stock issue.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Yep. The fact that it's readily available in bundle form means it's readily available. The standalone console may not be, but the thing about supply and demand is that if demand exceeds supply, people will pay more to get their hands on a console until equilibrium is reached. What we see here is a clear lack of demand at the $559 price point.
Exactly.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
But gamers when want to buy a console don’t look if it is a bundle or not.
Having only bundled available doesn’t affect sales in my opinion.
Retail do bundles like that because it will sell.

The point is if Series X was having supply issues the bundle should be sold out too.

If you are having bundle on stock you mostly like have a demand issue… not stock issue.
True. I just know that personally i skip bundles unless it comes with a good discount, or it's a game i want already. I hate paying for things I don't want.

Welfare

Forum Veteran
23 Jan 2023
What if I told you that PS5 being supply constrained is what wasn't normal? What we are seeing now is what happens when the PS5 has ample supply.

What happens is that the lesser console gets crushed.

When is Xbox going to do something? Is it going to be July against FFXVI? Is it going to be September against Spider-man?
I've already proven a thousand times that the Series X is severely supply constrained in the US.

Or a return to the status quo, as established during gen 6.

Though your assertion that "there's been a significantly longer time when Xbox was either far outselling PlayStation..." is false. The PSP contributed to PlayStation sales and landed somewhere around 17mil in the states iirc. Combined with PS3 and what PS2 sold in the USA over the 360's lifetime, that's yet another period of time Xbox has not outsold PlayStation.

I'm just technically correcting you. The Xbox home console has indeed outsold PlayStation's home console in the USA at one point.
You're just being weird now. The past 9 years had PS4 somewhat outselling XB1 and the 7 years before that had 360 selling way more than PS3.

Combining PS3+2+P to beat Xbox 360 is some 7th gen console warrior spin lmao.

🤷‍♂️
Shrug because you have nothing to say lol

I should not need to explain that I guess…
I'm right though. Whenever Walmart, GameStop, or Best Buy have the standard X, it's always higher in the best seller's lists than the bundle.

Also nice refusal of my Amazon example. Why is the Forza bundle suddenly higher in the charts than it was before? Increased demand or more supply?

PS5 can keep both the bundle and non bundle in stock at the same time. Xbox can't with the X and it isn't a demand problem, otherwise the thing wouldn't be going in and out of stock.

The $559 bundle not having the same demand as the $499 does not mean Series X demand is low.

It's not though lmao I've shown this so many times. Target has next to none in stock, GameStop moved it to in store purchase only, and Amazon only just got more units.

The Forza bundle is also just a shit product. Why would anyone spend $60 more for Forza of all games? I wouldn't, I'd just wait for the $499 to go back in stock.

PS5 can get away with a $559 bundle because it was freaking God of War Ragnarok, a new game. Even then Sony has to put it at $509 for over a month.