Microsoft Blocking pre-orders for Persona 3/4 on Switch and PS4 in order to cook books for the xbox versions, purposefully gimped the PS5 version

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Atlus create a native version for Series and forget PS5 exists.
When the sales fall down don’t come crying because without PlayStation these franchises will be probably dead.

Reactions: Swift_Star

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
The Playstation version of these games getting nerfed is some BS! It's not like they're graphically intensive.

Last edited:
Reactions: Swift_Star
OP
OP
Bodycount611

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
same story as yakuza 7, litrally paying for us to have a worse version.

this is a new low though, because these are handheld ports.

i bet the ps5 native version will follow in 6 months.

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
same story as yakuza 7, litrally paying for us to have a worse version.

this is a new low though, because these are handheld ports.

i bet the ps5 native version will follow in 6 months.
Hard to say in this case, considering they’re all handheld ports. It gives SEGA an out, but they clearly put less effort in for PlayStation, since Sony offers tools to quickly and easily port PSP and Vita games to PS4 with no real work put in.

OP
OP
Bodycount611

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
nah, it fits in the same vein as not allowing pre-orders on PS. MS is pulling out every scummy move they can to deter buyers from that version. They want it to sell as little as possible so they can weasel their way into the persona series and 'steal' it from the real fans.

If you don't buy it on PS4, MS gets what it wants. the fact that they're this desperate to prevent sales elsewhere says it all.

thankfully though, no real JRPG fan cares about xbox so it'll still be the worst-selling version. especially when you factor in Gamespass freeware downloads.

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
nah, it fits in the same vein as not allowing pre-orders on PS. MS is pulling out every scummy move they can to deter buyers from that version. They want it to sell as little as possible so they can weasel their way into the persona series and 'steal' it from the real fans.

If you don't buy it on PS4, MS gets what it wants. the fact that they're this desperate to prevent sales elsewhere says it all.

thankfully though, no real JRPG fan cares about xbox so it'll still be the worst-selling version. especially when you factor in Gamespass freeware downloads.
You’re absolutely right, it’s total bullshit, but by the same token, I’m pretty sure that SEGA would have just given the PlayStation side the finger completely if they didn’t have those quick porting tools.

I saw somewhere that SEGA was disappointed in the numbers for the first year of Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis, and I couldn’t help but wonder if they put two and two together and realized that that was the year they gave to Xbox as an exclusive after fucking over PlayStation 4 back in 2015 when they had the English localization for the base PSO2 completed and then didn’t ever release it.

OP
OP
Bodycount611

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
whatever MS tried with yakuza failed miserably as well, if you recall Yakuza was back on the latest state of play with ishin, so it looks like Sony's got marketing rights there.

Persona 6 will be the one to watch. With being locked out of Final fantasy, I guess MS is trying to cozy up the the #2 JRPG (Persona) where they can, in the meantime.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
whatever MS tried with yakuza failed miserably as well, if you recall Yakuza was back on the latest state of play with ishin, so it looks like Sony's got marketing rights there.

Persona 6 will be the one to watch. With being locked out of Final fantasy, I guess MS is trying to cozy up the the #2 JRPG (Persona) where they can, in the meantime.

Let Sega make it exclusive on Xbox. Watch it fail. Sega never learns.

Gamepass is a blackhole which only benefits Microsoft.

Xbox gamers have been programmed to get everything ‘free’ on Gamepass.

They simply won’t buy it.

How is Persona doing on Xbox anyway?

OP
OP
Bodycount611

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
Let Sega make it exclusive on Xbox. Watch it fail.

Gamepass is a blackhole which only benefits Microsoft.

Xbox gamers have been programmed to get everything ‘free’ on Gamepass.

They simply won’t buy it.

How is Persona doing on Xbox anyway?
no one knows, but the game was on deep discount within it's launch month.

we got the 3.3 million number, up from 2.3 million, so thats's 1 million across switch, PS5, Series, and PC. Nothing too impressive there, and you would imagine xbox was the lowest selling sku.

the gamepass moneybag, we will never know.

but yeah, this entire rollout of the persona ports has really been soured for me, and it was all thanks to Microsoft. 😔

Now i'm sure they're digital only as well because MS doesn't support the physical or Asian games market, and that would give PS/Switch some tangible benefit over Xbone which the marketing deal prohibits, and would harm the digital-only Gamespass version.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
OP
OP
Bodycount611

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
im sure they did the best with what they were allowed to, given MS's payment for the specific gimping of features. Namely, no 4K and no 120FPS allowed.

what an absolutely dastardly, devious deal.

Paying for Gimping Rights... just wow.

• haha
Reactions: adamsapple

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
That is not a port… it is the PS4 version running on PS5.

It is obvious it won’t drop framerate.

Bad/lazy release for PS5.

There isn't even any PS4 Pro upgrades based on the review on the first post of this page.

Atlus gonna Atlus.

Reactions: ethomaz
OP
OP
Bodycount611

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
There isn't even any PS4 Pro upgrades based on the review on the first post of this page.

Atlus gonna Atlus.
Microsoft gonna Microsoft. Wouldn't be the first time they paid to purposefully gimp the competition's versions.
They did it early last gen around the time the whole #Ps4NoParity movement happened, then they were forced to stop.

I'm not upset with them, i expect nothing from them. These are the desperate measures one takes when they lack the marketshare to get real 3rd party exclusives.

i'm upset with sega for taking the deal. Again.

I bet they think no one noticed, too. I broke this story a week ago and now it's finally starting to get traction on major outlets after todays GIMPING RIGHTS news came out.

thelastword

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
Microsoft gonna Microsoft. Wouldn't be the first time they paid to purposefully gimp the competition's versions.
They did it early last gen around the time the whole #Ps4NoParity movement happened, then they were forced to stop.

I'm not upset with them, i expect nothing from them. These are the desperate measures one takes when they lack the marketshare to get real 3rd party exclusives.

i'm upset with sega for taking the deal. Again.

I bet they think no one noticed, too. I broke this story a week ago and now it's finally starting to get traction on major outlets after todays GIMPING RIGHTS news came out.
It's a good thing you made this thread, this is really scummy. I hope more people take notice and speak against it...