Microsoft Blocking pre-orders for Persona 3/4 on Switch and PS4 in order to cook books for the xbox versions, purposefully gimped the PS5 version

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
haha, i bought that set too. Wish i still had it but it's back home.

i'm waiting this month on the ishin remaster. no way it won't be on sale quickly.

Sega has lost the plot.
SEGA never had the plot, and I do say that as someone who loved their games for a long time.

OP
OP
Bodycount611

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
SEGA never had the plot, and I do say that as someone who loved their games for a long time.
eh, sega was always a huge playstation supporter. while Xbox guys fake an association between the two just because dreamcast ran a bastardized windows OS and the OG Xbox got some sega games, it just doesn't hold any weight.

Sega abandoned xbox very quickly, and found their star IP on PlayStation with Yakuza. Sonic had a few exclusives on Gamecube. PS2 got VF4. PS3 gen it was all PS3 with Valkyria, and now PS is the home of Shenmue.

Atlus they acquired later, didn't they? Atlus really is a weird get for Sega. Not sure if they fit.

Either way they seem to be one of the only japanese companies to find success on gamepass. I honestly believe it's because there's no other quality single player games in gamepass other than the Yakuzas.

They filled quite a gap in the Xbox One/Series paltry single player and japanese games offering. I see why MS clings to them for dear life, much like bandai-namco. They haven't kept the same relationship with Capcom and S-E though.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
eh, sega was always a huge playstation supporter. while Xbox guys fake an association between the two just because dreamcast ran a bastardized windows OS and the OG Xbox got some sega games, it just doesn't hold any weight.

Sega abandoned xbox very quickly, and found their star IP on PlayStation with Yakuza. Sonic had a few exclusives on Gamecube. PS2 got VF4. PS3 gen it was all PS3 with Valkyria, and now PS is the home of Shenmue.

Atlus they acquired later, didn't they? Atlus really is a weird get for Sega. Not sure if they fit.

Either way they seem to be one of the only japanese companies to find success on gamepass. I honestly believe it's because there's no other quality single player games in gamepass other than the Yakuzas.

They filled quite a gap in the Xbox One/Series paltry single player and japanese games offering. I see why MS clings to them for dear life, much like bandai-namco. They haven't kept the same relationship with Capcom and S-E though.

The problem is, if Xbox's first party games ever find any consistency and start dropping, these companies will quickly be forgotten, as they will no longer be needed to fill the gaps in the lineup.

They need to be very careful.... their decisions now could have consequences down the road if they become too reliant on gamepass deals.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters
OP
OP
Bodycount611

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
I honestly believe this is one of the worst takes I've read in a long while. For starters, there's Persona 5 Royal, the namesake for this topic, already and 2 more from the same franchise coming next week.

Still waiting on a source for your claim of MS themselves confirming a 48 hour delay in Persona announcements for other platforms.
so more sega games, 2 out of 3 haven't released yet. way to prove me wrong.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022

Not Sega abondoned xbox. It was way around.
They offered Yakuza to xbox first and they declined. Sony took them under the wing, it also helped Sega go out of the ditch.

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.

They blocked PS releases on multiple digital titles for North America during the PS3/360 Gen, so how is that favouring Sony over MS?

After MS screwed them on Dreamcast compatibility promises, they still put a lot of things on XBox that would have sold better on PlayStation, and kept close to MS even when they flopped.

Then there’s the whole Bayonetta fiasco, where SEGA outsourced a ridiculously poor PS3 port because they couldn’t make up their minds whither to go multiplatform with it or not until it was too late to have Platinum do it themselves.

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
I have it wishlisted on PS5 but getting annoyed by the wait. I'll replay it on the Vita if its the same when I wake up in the morning. Wait for a sale then. Thanks Atlus for a late purchase 👍

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
I have it wishlisted on PS5 but getting annoyed by the wait. I'll replay it on the Vita if its the same when I wake up in the morning. Wait for a sale then. Thanks Atlus for a late purchase 👍

If I'm not mistaken, these are digital releases only. So you can just as well order it and get it the day of release without needing to worry about any wait.

I, personally, don't see the need to pre-order digital content anyway. Physical content I understand, since you're ordering a limited quantity thing that may be out of stock.

• brain
Reactions: Yossarian

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Anything SEGA or Atlus pull this on goes on my $20 or less, if ever list. They told me they don’t want my money by taking Microsoft’s money to fuck me over.

• haha
Reactions: adamsapple

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
If I'm not mistaken, these are digital releases only. So you can just as well order it and get it the day of release without needing to worry about any wait.

I, personally, don't see the need to pre-order digital content anyway. Physical content I understand, since you're ordering a limited quantity thing that may be out of stock.
Then why do pre orders then? It's handy to have it downloaded and plough into when released without waiting the additional time to download. Certain games I like to start on as soon as. Persona 4 is a great game and I'd like to play it on a big screen. There is no incentive for me to wait for release date for a game I want day 1 and wait for an hour or so for download. I'll wait for a price drop.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
Then why do pre orders then? It's handy to have it downloaded and plough into when released without waiting the additional time to download. Certain games I like to start on as soon as. Persona 4 is a great game and I'd like to play it on a big screen. There is no incentive for me to wait for release date for a game I want day 1 and wait for an hour or so for download. I'll wait for a price drop.

Persona 3 is 7GB and Persona 4 is 10GB. Unless you're living in some real ass-backwards midwestern town, you should be able to download each in 5~10 minutes.

It takes more time than that to download most modern games day 1 patches.

If not being able to spend a few minutes on release leads you to wait for a price drop, it doesn't feel like you were ever going to buy these at launch anyway.

Also, pre-order =/= pre-download. Not all games support pre-downloading on all platforms.

Anything SEGA or Atlus pull this on goes on my $20 or less, if ever list. They told me they don’t want my money by taking Microsoft’s money to fuck me over.

Without going into a warrior-rant, can you please explain how exactly any of this has fucked you over ?

I'm legitimately curious.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yossarian

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
Persona 3 is 7GB and Persona 4 is 10GB. Unless you're living in some real ass-backwards midwestern town, you should be able to download each in 5~10 minutes.

It takes more time than that to download most modern games day 1 patches.

If not being able to spend a few minutes on release leads you to wait for a price drop, it doesn't feel like you were ever going to buy these at launch anyway.
What are you smoking? I said what I'd do, I have work during the week and don't want to waste my free time watching a download as I'll grow to hate the fucking game. It doesn't matter the size of the game. I checked again on the store and it's still "announced".

My Vita is charged and redownloading the game now to play it later. I will wait on purchasing it now and just replay it on Vita. I'll buy it again whenever I get the itch again likely when Persona 6 is announced. The hype for a P4 re-release got me interested.

• thisistheway
Reactions: KiryuRealty

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Even with McDonald’s Wi-Fi it’ll still be finished downloading before you can finish taking a dump.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: adamsapple
OP
OP
Bodycount611

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022

absolutely absurd. $3.99 for someof these. given away like garbage after the gamepass inclusion.

P

peter42O

absolutely absurd. $3.99 for someof these. given away like garbage after the gamepass inclusion.

Seems like a few of them are $4 on PSN too.

Majority are 5-6 years old. They should be $5 games.

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.

Anyone recommending that people should start with Yakuza 0 should be kicked in the nuts with a golf shoe. The order is 1-5, then 0, then 6 and Like a Dragon. Kiwami versions of 1 and 2 are the better way to go than the originals.

Lord Mittens

Community Cat
1 Jul 2022
1. You're looking at sale prices
2. The sale prices are almost always identical on PSN and Steam as well
3. Fucking hell some of you guys are relentless with this crap 😅

Speaking of.

Can't wait for the 19th!

1gkfrm.png

Yeah I am really looking forward to Rise!