Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
1000 is a standard for surveys, anything above that is just cherry on cake.

who says that 1000 is too small or whatever excuse is just an idiot who just want to decline facts.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty
OP
OP
Satoru

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Move goalposts ? Don't get stuck on terminology lol, 1400 people is a very small sample size considering they approached 40,000 people. Maybe you can put response size in place of sample size if that makes it more palatable.

Yes, you are moving goalposts. You didn't have a problem with the sample itself except for its size. 1400 people is enough to predict the elections of a whole country with a very small margin of error, so stop talking about shit you clearly don't understand just because you are trying to downplay something.

• they're_right_you_know
OP
OP
Satoru

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
1000 is a standard for surveys, anything above that is just cherry on cake.

who says that 1000 is too small or whatever excuse is just an idiot who just want to decline facts.

Exactly. There's diminishing returns after 4 to 500 samples, and then after ~1000 you're just in the percentages of percentages. Again, this assumes that the sample is diverse enough, weighted, etc, but that's not what Adam had a problem with (now he does, because he got cornered).

• they're_right_you_know

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Yes, you are moving goalposts. You didn't have a problem with the sample itself except for its size. 1400 people is enough to predict the elections of a whole country with a very small margin of error, so stop talking about shit you clearly don't understand just because you are trying to downplay something.
Moving goalposts is the closest he will ever get to scoring.

• haha
Reactions: Shmunter

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
Moving goalposts is the closest he will ever get to scoring.

That's not a nice thing to say, sonny.

Downplay what lol. The same report also says 70% of people buy PS consoles for Sony first party games. That was my original point before you had a tantrum over verbiage.

Dude, they’re a dictatorship.

Some corrupt party official takes the money and stamps the form. End of process.

Gonna be interesting to see the pivots if the CMA/FTC also approve this. CADE already went from the champion of the people to corrupt enemy #1 once they approved the deal. 🤭

gokuss4

28 Jan 2023
So looks like the eastern countries will approve this deal and the western countries will block this deal
Maybe I'm wrong 😅

Reactions: Jim Ryan

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
The CoD debate hinges on CoD still been popular in a few years time. There's a good probability that it still will be popular, it has survived a few competitors since MW2 and market changes, but something could come along and knock it for six.

Are Sony playing it safe by keeping their options open by not getting tied into a contract for a game which may have dropped in popularity?

If the deal falls through, Sony could fund a CoD VR version and play both sides of the aisle.
After playing the Ubisoft copy, competition seems unlikely. It’s just far too polished for anything just to spring up. As much as I’d like it to not be the case.

Reactions: Deleted member 417
D

Deleted member 417

After playing the Ubisoft copy, competition seems unlikely. It’s just far too polished for anything just to spring up. As much as I’d like it to not be the case.
I'd agree, but we've seen too many games rise and fall over the decades. Rayman used to be the most popular platformer on the market. When was the last time anyone heard the name Rayman?

That's not to say CoD will fade into obscurity, it's just that there's no guarantee that it will be a behemoth in a few years times.

Reactions: Shmunter

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
I'd agree, but we've seen too many games rise and fall over the decades. Rayman used to be the most popular platformer on the market. When was the last time anyone heard the name Rayman?

That's not to say CoD will fade into obscurity, it's just that there's no guarantee that it will be a behemoth in a few years times.
And people have been saying that about COD since at least the original Modern Warfare 2….

Reactions: Deleted member 417
D

Deleted member 417

And people have been saying that about COD since at least the original Modern Warfare 2….
Very true and CoD did dip in popularity quite badly after ghosts. Respect to Acti for bringing it back from the brink with the FtP warzone mode. It could have gone very differently.

• they're_right_you_know

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
His desperation to sway regulators is very high now.

I'm curious if Disney ever went with this PR/social media-focused approach when they were convincing regulators to let them buy Fox. I don't think they did and a quick search doesn't show anything either but maybe I missed it.

Last edited:

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
I'm curious if Disney ever went with this PR/social media-focused approach when they were convincing regulators to let them buy Fox. I don't think they did and a quick search doesn't show anything either but maybe I missed it.
They didn’t.

Most corporations don’t conduct themselves in the embarrassing way that MS does, but then most corporations didn’t have a psychotic bully like Steve Ballmer at the top from day one to help toxify their corporate culture into basically being as close to a horde of rabid gorillas as humans can get, either!