Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Allow me to repost this:

Now explain how magically COD would be put on a switch because MS acquired ABK when Activision already looked into putting COD on the switch before the deal existed and chose not to due to hardware and storage limitation.

I guess your now going to say well they can put it on the next gen version of the switch but that then would make your original statement obsolete because then that would no longer be the best selling console on the market. That version that could handle COD would bring that market count back down to zero.
They'll pay a port house to do it. Fucking Witcher got on Switch, a CoD downport can make it on too.

• thinking_hard
Reactions: Darth Vader

Doncortez77

Veteran
8 Jan 2023
Eat shit, I'm right.
This how i picture you coming up with that thoughtful response.

fallout-vault-boy.gif

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
CMA already gave guidelines. Cut off Activision or deal won't pass.

Not sure what is there even talk about.
I am starting to think AshHunter is illiterate, as he keeps asking the exact same stupid questions over and over, even though they've been answered time and again.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
I am starting to think AshHunter is illiterate, as he keeps asking the exact same stupid questions over and over, even though they've been answered time and again.
You might be the one who's illiterate if you can't tell the difference between a rhetorical question and asking an actual question. But hey, maybe you're just off your meds again.

Jesus Christ it isn't that fucking serious. You get so angry and defensive anytime you think someone is speculating in favor of the deal.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
You might be the one who's illiterate if you can't tell the difference between a rhetorical question and asking an actual question. But hey, maybe you're just off your meds again.

Jesus Christ it isn't that fucking serious. You get so angry and defensive anytime you think someone is speculating in favor of the deal.
No, I get annoyed when you ask the same fucking question for the 50th time that I, and multiple others, already answered and explanations given as to why it doesn't need to be asked again.

You need meds if your brain is failing to the point of asking the same questions over and over, as you seem to have picked up a bad case of dementia or some kind of temporal lobe parasite that is hindering your ability to form memories and engage in critical thought.

You're like a 5-year old constantly asking if we are there yet, but with even less situational awareness and purpose.

• sad
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
No, I get annoyed when you ask the same fucking question for the 50th time that I, and multiple others, already answered and explanations given as to why it doesn't need to be asked again.

You need meds if your brain is failing to the point of asking the same questions over and over, as you seem to have picked up a bad case of dementia or some kind of temporal lobe parasite that is hindering your ability to form memories and engage in critical thought.

You're like a 5-year old constantly asking if we are there yet, but with even less situational awareness and purpose.
Lmao, dude calm your old ass down. You look ridiculous, as usual.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com

We talked about this type of stuff Kiryu.... Come on, man!

Lord Mittens

Community Cat
1 Jul 2022
I'll be serious for a moment.

This acquisition is a big talking point on a lot of forums, we don't know where this ships going to go until we hear it from the regulators mouths and say that it's a no deal.
Even though it's looking highly likely the CMA is going to be the regulator that says NO.

Lets not forget what's really important and why we are here in the first place. Games, so go play something while this ship that we have no control over sails to whatever iceberg it wants to hit.
The time and energy worrying about it, isn't worth it imo.

Or continue as you are :D

Travel Italy GIF by Colosseum

Last edited:

Doncortez77

Veteran
8 Jan 2023

The Communications Workers of America (CWA) have today filed charges against publisher Activision—a company with a long track record of alleged union-busting—claiming the publisher violated several workplace laws in relation to the firing of two QA testers.
“For far too long, Activision has gotten away with treating its employees, especially QA testers, like disposable work horses. Firing two employees for joining with their co-workers to express concern around hasty return to office policies is retaliation, point blank,” CWA Secretary-Treasurer Sara Steffens says. “When faced with unfair treatment by unscrupulous employers like Activision, workers should have the right to express themselves.”

I guess this is the baggage Microsoft wants to inherit so they can "compete" after more than 22 years in the business. Maybe good guy Phil can be the shining knight that the Xbox community claim he is and fix this since purchasing Activision would be the only way the company be rehabilitated in their eyes. We all see how magically Phil fixed the "Cosby Suite" scandal by just offering to buy the company. Now everyone is safe from future harassment.

Nah, who am I kidding. Lets pretend that I support better working conditions when in reality I just want more game in gamepass so I don't have to support the hobby that I claim to love.

Last edited:

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022

I guess this is the baggage Microsoft wants to inherit so they can "compete" after more than 22 years in the business. Maybe good guy Phil can be the shining knight that the Xbox community claim he is and fix this since purchasing Activision would be the only way the company be rehabilitated in their eyes. We all see how magically Phil fixed the "Cosby Suite" scandal by just offering to buy the company. Now everyone is safe from future harassment.

Nah, who am I kidding. Lets pretend that I support better working conditions when in reality I just want more game in gamepass so I don't have to support the hobby that I claim to love.

Bethesda avoided such problems, by not having a QA team in the first place.

PropellerEar

Veteran
Founder
21 Jun 2022
I'll be serious for a moment.

This acquisition is a big talking point on a lot of forums, we don't know where this ships going to go until we hear it from the regulators mouths and say that it's a no deal.
Even though it's looking highly likely the CMA is going to be the regulator that says NO.

Lets not forget what's really important and why we are here in the first place. Games, so go play something while this ship that we have no control over sails to whatever iceberg it wants to hit.
The time and energy worrying about it, isn't worth it imo.

Or continue as you are :D

Travel Italy GIF by Colosseum

In for the whole cruise.

Spencer and Booby when the deal was announced.
titanic kate winslet GIF

Greenburger and Cunt Eastwood celebrating.
leonardo dicaprio love GIF

When CMA hits.
titanic night GIF

Spencer letting Booby free...
titanic leonardo dicaprio GIF

Xbox going Thirdparty
titanic GIF

Everybody on forums.
Its Been A Long Time Waiting GIF

daniel5043

Veteran
19 Jan 2023
Allow me to repost this:

Now explain how magically COD would be put on a switch because MS acquired ABK when Activision already looked into putting COD on the switch before the deal existed and chose not to due to hardware and storage limitation.

I guess your now going to say well they can put it on the next gen version of the switch but that then would make your original statement obsolete because then that would no longer be the best selling console on the market. That version that could handle COD would bring that market count back down to zero.
More like he will say they could stream it to the swirch

Reactions: Zzero