Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
I would really recommend checking this whole thread. The FTC is going hard on them, and I fully believe they will be sharing this with the CMA and EC (as they are almost powerless to block this deal, and can only delay it).

Yeah i can't imagine them holding these docs from CMA and EC, seems like maybe they are just being as difficult as possible with the FTC.

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
@adamsapple

I want your details now, your social security account, bank details, takeaway services and game pass ambassador perks.

No stone is unturned in the hunt for the truth.
Bbc One Television GIF by BBC

Reactions: AniWeeb and Sircaw

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Nah, they would not want to release them because it's their best interest. It's standard corporate practice. What seems more interesting is their sandbagging by providing some but flat out refusing to provide others. That's what to me gives it away that those contracts don't paint them in a great light.
They also redacted all CMA documents, of course all is shit offers.

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022

So general sentiment is these deals are being thrown out for the EC more then the CMA

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023

So general sentiment is these deals are being thrown out for the EC more then the CMA

MS must think that if the EC gives the OK, the CMA will feel pressured to do the same, but based on what we've seen and heard so far, as well as previous cases involving the CMA, that's not likely to work.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
K
I would really recommend checking this whole thread. The FTC is going hard on them, and I fully believe they will be sharing this with the CMA and EC (as they are almost powerless to block this deal, and can only delay it).

well, the CMA will drag this for 3 years if they have to.

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
K

well, the CMA will drag this for 3 years if they have to.
CMA will either kill it or approve it in april.

FTC is the one that could drag it to 2024.

I don't see it going any further then that, unless something happens with the FTC case to delay it.

24 Jun 2022
Yeah i can't imagine them holding these docs from CMA and EC, seems like maybe they are just being as difficult as possible with the FTC.

Well here's the thing; MS knows these regulators are talking with each other and likely sharing certain documents. That hurts Microsoft because the more they have to give up for, say, the FTC, that means chances are the CMA and EC are going to get that information as well (or at least become knowledgeable of it), and if it's pertinent to their separate investigations, then that makes things harder for Microsoft with those regulators, in addition to the FTC.

It also increases the likelihood that if the CMA, for example, will only accept certain behavioral remedies alongside certain structural remedies, then the EC is more likely to require the same. The FTC looks to block the deal, if the CMA & EC go in hard enough, they could turn around and allow the deal with similar behavioral & structural remedies.

But they have to be REALLY good structural remedies, and the CMA have already given the framework there.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

One eyed jacks

10 Feb 2023

Cod is already multiplatform, it doesn’t need anyone to buy it to put a time limit on how long it will stay multiplatform.. that’s basically what microsoft is doing. FTC and CMA especially can see how dumb you would have to be to approve that as a regulator. It doesn’t actually solve their concerns it just puts an extended time limit on them with these so called 10 year agreements which will be riddled with caveats that make them pretty useless and easy for Microsoft to wiggle out of. So the best and only course of action is what CMA and FTC are doing by telling microsoft either you let CoD go since you claim it’s not the reason you want activision or deals off.