Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
5 weeks without sending the documents requested.
Both Microsoft and Activision? What a coincidence. Yeah they definitely have nothing to hide… ;)

But everyone is saying they are the good guys on Twitter!

If you even say one word against the deal 100 Xbox shills jump out of Timdog & Jez Cordens pockets and keep messaging you till you get sleepy and have had enough....

D

Deleted member 223

Why have all the money in the world if you can't even buy plants and social media accounts... "contracting" through many shells/layers of plausible deniability of course but still... the point. It should be expected. When it's a "fair" fight, that is when you should start asking questions as to whether MS is doing enough, is committed enough or whether there is a leadership problem - of a dumb nature at that. The system revolves around money. As the saying goes, it takes money to make money. In this case, money to manufacture perception, social or otherwise to get a deal passed to make even more money by "hoping" to gain leverage/control of a market of "strategic" importance to a "natural" monopoly. True for Sony as well, the motive being the opposite, to stop the deal. There's a lot of money on the line, $Billions yearly. Investments are more than justified in all ammo classes, traditional and non-traditional. It's a zero sum game play.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Deleted member 417

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Why have all the money in the world if you can't even buy plants and social media accounts... "contracting" through many shells/layers of plausible deniability of course but still... the point. It should be expected. When it's a "fair" fight, that is when you should start asking questions as to whether MS is doing enough, is committed enough or whether there is a leadership problem - of a dumb nature at that. The system revolves around money. As the saying goes, it takes money to make money. In this case, money to manufacture perception, social or otherwise to get a deal passed to make even more money by "hoping" to gain leverage/control of a market of "strategic" importance to a "natural" monopoly. True for Sony as well, the motive being the opposite, to stop the deal. There's a lot of money on the line, $Billions yearly. Investments are more than justified in all ammo classes, traditional and non-traditional. It's a zero sum game play.
It’s not working

Aidendelaney95

9 Jul 2022
You know you've something to hide when you don't comply with the government. And MS had the gall to complain about the FTC being unconstitutional.

Zeroing

Veteran
6 Jul 2022
But everyone is saying they are the good guys on Twitter!

If you even say one word against the deal 100 Xbox shills jump out of Timdog & Jez Cordens pockets and keep messaging you till you get sleepy and have had enough....

If it was only on twitter I think anyone could manage it.
People on the purple site went from "eat the rich" and "think of the employees first" to "my favorite company can do whatever it wants"
People on the old site went from "gamepass, gamepass, have you heard of gamepass" to "gamepass is going to be more awesome, trust me bro"

At this point I am so saturated that I say, let MS buy Activision and destroy it, both companies deserve each other and most of us do deserve to be screwed up - again!!! Maybe people will learn this time, the hard way.

Fox Tv Fire GIF by Bob's Burgers

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
People on the purple site went from "eat the rich" and "think of the employees first" to "my favorite company can do whatever it wants"
People on the old site went from "gamepass, gamepass, have you heard of gamepass" to "gamepass is going to be more awesome, trust me bro"

At this point I am so saturated that I say, let MS buy Activision and destroy it, both companies deserve each other and most of us do deserve to be screwed up - again!!! Maybe people will learn this time, the hard way.

Fox Tv Fire GIF by Bob's Burgers's Burgers
If it's any consolation, most on N4G don't seem to like it either.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com

Fox Tv Fire GIF by Bob's Burgers's Burgers

Yup, I would absolutely love to see Apple, Google and Sony ban them from all their platforms...

Imagine!

Frankly, I am done with their games anyway. So I would really love to see Sony just stick it to them.

Zeroing

Veteran
6 Jul 2022
Yup, I would absolutely love to see Apple, Google and Sony ban them from all their platforms...

Imagine!

Frankly, I am done with their games anyway. So I would really love to see Sony just stick it to them.
Do you remember when Epic used teenagers to take down Apple. Then Microsoft joined the lawsuit with Epic? 3 shitty companies trying to destroy each other.

Apple will not allow Microsoft ( who failed to have their own mobile ecosystem ) to simply leech on Apple’s ecosystem. Neither will Google.
I am more inclined to think MS will be to busy fighting with Apple and Google and will shift their focus away from gaming, thus continuing to mismanaging their studios.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
The Ree thread has devolved into a bunch of disingenuous shit-eating with a grin. Winfonda is racking up W after W over there, and some of them have the temerity to question his entirely accurate reading of CMA's stance that 10 year commitments are not going to be accepted. You even have some of the idiots confessing they know MS is going to pull the rug after the 10 years, while others pretend Microsoft will renew (or has incentive to) "who's to say they won't?"

Yobo

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
If it were just about MS collecting COD checks they would have a ton of options.

Structure the company as an independent subsidiary like Bungie. Maintain ownership but give up voting rights on ABK company issues.

They could also be talking about licensing where the licensee is given the right to renew in perpetuity - eg like Sony and Spiderman movies

None of this is being offered because it's about removing COD from competitors if not now then in 10 years