Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

VillaiN

Veteran
10 Feb 2023
I want Microsoft to buy them and run them to the ground, like they have with every other studio. Microsoft needs to collapse under it's own weight
it ll happen. Phil cant manage 50 people studios let alone 10k publisher.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Just fucking lol. Open corruption and not a single soul bats an eye.

Told you these companies can get away with anything.

If Sony doesn't see this as a sign to get their heads out of their ass with acquisitions, they deserve everything that's coming to them.

• brain
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Doncortez77

Veteran
8 Jan 2023

The current state of the gaming community is too weird for me.

giphy.gif

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
I can only imagine how she'll behave if Sony tries to respond with any major purchase. Says alot when MS have to put their people in high places to rig the game in their favor against Playstation in order to win.
If Sony decides to consolidate Japanese pubs, CMA and EUC can do nothing. This would be alone for JFTC to decide.

Reactions: FatKaz

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
22 Jun 2022
If Sony decides to consolidate Japanese pubs, CMA and EUC can do nothing. This would be alone for JFTC to decide.
I'll take a Sony that owns some combo of SEGA, FROM, Capcom and SE. For myself hopefully swinging more in Capcom's direction, for whatever whatever positive effect/quality of life improvements that could proliferate amongst Fighting games/eSports. i notice a more widespread acceptance of rollback netcode in Japan fighting titles, say for example, but I don't know why that happened.

Other Jap dev/houses will be more important to others. I know I'm forgetting loads. PS associated IP/characters/franchises etc anyway for the most part in above lineup (excluding Sega lol).

Reactions: Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
I'll take a Sony that owns some combo of SEGA, FROM, Capcom and SE. For myself hopefully swinging more in Capcom's direction, for whatever whatever positive effect/quality of life improvements that could proliferate amongst Fighting games/eSports. i notice a more widespread acceptance of rollback netcode in Japan fighting titles, say for example, but I don't know why that happened.

Other Jap dev/houses will be more important to others. I know I'm forgetting loads. PS associated IP/characters/franchises etc anyway for the most part in above lineup (excluding Sega lol).
If Sony one or some of those publisher the future of PlayStation is secure no matter what MS does.

To be fair, that is probably already the case but they should not let down their guard.

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Sony should grab Square Enix, right now their market cap with $5.5B is really low. And then buy a significant stake in Capcom, Bandai and maybe raise their share in Fromsoftware. This would be actually a good model.

Reactions: Puff