Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Unpopular opinion... I found it great but most of the same.
It didn't felt like a sequel (and myabe due the abrupt end of the first game) it felt like a continuaiton.
If both games were done together I should see no issue at all.

In movies terms it felt like the first Lord of The Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring and it continuation The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers.

Afte GoW 2018 I expected a sequel a la Uncharted to Uncharted 2 so got disapointed but maybe it is on me expecting too much.
It does improve a lot of the orginal but it realy a lot on the original too... so the feel of continuation instead sequel like Episode 2 of the same game.

I thought Santa Monica played too safe and didn't try to risc innovate like they usally do.
I was expeting epic batles that lacked in GoW 2018 (even the end battle was not existing) but ended having battles well even below what you had in 2018 game... the last battles are really let down and generics even so they had so much potential 🤷‍♂️

Seens like bith GoW Nordic games nedded to take some inspiration from orginal GoW trillogy... in special GoW 3.

TDLR: Santa Monica bring a great change with GoW 2018 and just more of the same with GoW Ragnarok... it was great but at the same time a lot of potential was missed... I wonder how the game was affected without the original GoW 2018 team behind it.

Last edited:

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Quite honestly, was a bit disappointed by the story. Everything else I feel was an improvement over the original.

But the story just felt too poorly paced and some character development was just ridiculous. It definitely shows they tried to shove 2 games into 1.

Also, what is up with that dialogue? The moment I heard Thor and Odin speak it's as if I was listening to a conversation from 2023. They sound too modern, if that makes sense.

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
They literally should just add a giant neon sign saying "corruption".
For real, that shit is gross. But usually that how it is tho. These folks with credentials and very intelligent first work for usa corporations and then move into a gov position later in their career.

Goes to show that Sony did not come ready to fight MS. The people that MS hired to help get this across the line are being pouched by regulators ffs.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
For real, that shit is gross. But usually that how it is tho. These folks with credentials and very intelligent first work for usa corporations and then move into a gov position later in their career.

Goes to show that Sony did not come ready to fight MS. The people that MS hired to help get this across the line are being pouched by regulators ffs.
Sony just need to take a look at what IPs/games they can't afford to lose next and take steps to ensure that they don't lose them.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Blatant corruption. MS putting their employees in the EC so Apple, Amazon, Google and Sony get a hard time and they're free to do whatever they want. It's working already in the Acti case.

Nobody is going to do anything against this?

• haha
Reactions: Zzero

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
The news sucks, but Playstation is far from dead/screwed as some of the doom posters seem to think here. They'll have to fight harder and get more aggressive, but the only ones that benefit from seeing us panic / give up here are Xbox shills/fanboys.

Reactions: Eternal_Wings

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Nope. Won't even be mentioned. Welcome to a corporate dystopia.
More like Microsoft Dystopia because everyone else is getting blocked for small stuff like a fitness app.

They are also ruling against Apple and Google for mobile (with the help and support from Microsoft of course).

thicc_girls_are_teh_best

Veteran
Icon Extra
24 Jun 2022
Nope. Won't even be mentioned. Welcome to a corporate dystopia.

I'll bring it up as much as possible on Phil Spencer's, Brad Smith's, Aaron Greenberg's, Sarah Bond's etc. Twitter timelines as when seems convenient. And the individual regulators, campaigner-for-hires, and lawyers who were involved in this whole charade. Drag down their good news when it's most inconvenient for them and be unpredictable/random when you do it. Would suggest others start doing the same.

Sometimes you have to go to where these people are and really wear them down with what you know. At the very least, it really annoys them & pisses them off, which might be the only consolation you can get out of this circus when it comes to pointing out realities.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Unprecedented corruption.
Yes, surely Xbox has brought the entire EU to its knees. And not, you know, the EU hiring one of the world's foremost competition analysts to do that job for them. There's a reason that Microsoft hired her, she wasn't a name picked out of a hat.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Yes, surely Xbox has brought the entire EU to its knees. And not, you know, the EU hiring one of the world's foremost competition analysts to do that job for them. There's a reason that Microsoft hired her, she wasn't a name picked out of a hat.
Just a coincidence she was working for MS, I'm sure. And getting hired now, of all times.

MS is the only gaming company to employ this open corruption to try and buy out the industry. Not even the Chinese companies are doing it. This is a first for the industry and everyone's pretending it doesn't happen.

Just imagine if Sony pressured politicians from other countries who they openly pay and then install their employee to oversee any future acquisitions. It'd be all over the place.

Let's not kid ourselves. There's nothing coincidental here.

Old Gamer

Veteran
Founder
5 Aug 2022
Yes, her assocuation with Microsoft is just a coincidence. Just like those senators who happened to largely rely on MS for campaign funding hapened to side with them during this debacle.

And obviously, you assume people are stupid enough to believe that this is just about Xbox.

Because of course you do.

OP
OP
Darth Vader

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022

You got it wrong. It's not very intelligent. It's people that are born into families with the right connections. It's the same reason ivy league in the US is expensive: you pay to build your network, so you can leave directly into a leadership role.

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Is it really confirmed or an hoax report by Bloomberg? You know would be not the first time Bloomberg telling some fairytales…

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Just imagine if Sony pressured politicians from other countries who they openly pay and then install their employee to oversee any future acquisitions. It'd be all over the place.
Yeah, just imagine. Though, of course, political contributions aren't actually bribes and Microsoft did nothing to force the EU to hire their employee away from them. The only possible influence this case had was them getting to see her in action up close, how well thought out and presented the arguments she made were, etc.

Last edited:

Old Gamer

Veteran
Founder
5 Aug 2022
Though, of course, political contributions aren't actually bribes and Microsoft did nothing to force the EU to hire their rmployee away from them.
Spit Take Lol GIF by Justin