Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

riesgoyfortuna

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
Remember me when this whole thing got shot down to bring me a bottle of champagne to celebrate the incoming manantial of tears from lousy fanboys like peter

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022

This was known months ago. They won't ask or entertain remedies and concessions until their charge sheet is out.

Reactions: peter42O

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
I'm curious as to how major these charges are. I wonder if they have the authority to say something like "You can have this, but you can't buy any more publishers for a while".

Last edited:

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
See guys this is actually good because Microsoft can tell eu regulators what their terms are. As we all know the ftc is unconstitutional and Lina Kahn should retire in shame. This is all part of Phil’s master plan. It’s all coming together now.

• brain
Reactions: BigMclargeHuge

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
I'm curious as to how major these charges are. I wonder if they have the authority to say something like "You can have this, but you can't buy any more publishers for a while".
But the damage would already be done, MS will be laughing if regulators just say oh don't buy another publisher for 5 years or whatever. That type of concession doesn't address regulators concerns about this acquistion.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
But the damage would already be done, MS will be laughing if regulators just say oh don't buy another publisher for 5 years or whatever. That type of concession doesn't address regulators concerns about this acquistion.
if the concern is them growing too large too quickly and gaining a controlling interest in the most popular and potential most beloved IP in the future that concession could theoretically curtail that. In 5 years their next target may belong to someone else and everyone left may not be interested in selling.

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
if the concern is them growing too large too quickly and gaining a controlling interest in the most popular and potential most beloved IP in the future that concession could theoretically curtail that.
But that concern is relevant to the abk acquisition, everything you said would apply to this acquisition.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
But that concern is relevant to the abk acquisition, everything you said would apply to this acquisition.
If it's paired with them being forced to keep COD multiplat as well as being limited from buying up more publishers with dozens of beloved IPs too quickly it could limit that. I'm trying to look at it reasonably as I have my doubts that the deal will be blocked outright. Plus if this gets blocked, MS will probably get mad and might buy up a bunch of publishers that are smaller and less likely to anger regulators but have a ton of IPs that people will really miss if they're taken off of Playstation.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022

If you guys want to hear a panel that’s absolutely deranged and bold face lying to their audience, fast forward about 10 minutes in.

riesgoyfortuna

Veteran
4 Jul 2022

If you guys want to hear a panel that’s absolutely deranged and bold face lying to their audience, fast forward about 10 minutes in.
why all xbots fanboys are like that? ,its the aaron greenberg book of style or something?

Last edited by a moderator:

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
I mean, a million of those kinds of ridiculous podcasts started popping up around the middle and end of last gen. They're a dime a dozen and seem to serve as a kind of coping mechanism.

Last edited: