Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
You can't reason here with majority of the members. They are brainwashed and jealous of Game Pass. Trust me, if Sony offered a similar service it would have been a different tune. It's all Tribalism.
I mean, writing off everyone who isn't as excited about this business model as you guys are or who don't see the big deal as jealous or dumb isn't going to help. Overly aggressive evangelizing never works, gaming or otherwise.

Elder Legend

CEO of Gaming Instincts (Industry Veteran)
10 Jan 2023
I mean, writing off everyone who isn't as excited about this business model as you guys are or who don't see the big deal as jealous or dumb isn't going to help. Overly aggressive evangelizing never works, gaming or otherwise.
And you don't see how they are being? Super aggressive, super defective and just label people for having different opinions.

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
You can't reason here with majority of the members. They are brainwashed and jealous of Game Pass. Trust me, if Sony offered a similar service it would have been a different tune. It's all Tribalism.
Nope I am for sure not jealous of Gamepass. I hate subscription services, I am not even using the one Sony offers lol. So I ask which game should a player which loves Singleplayer & Japanese games be jealous of Xbox? Who do you want to fool mister. I love and mostly many others because of the attractive games Sony does offer, 1st and 3rd Party. I would always choose a Japanese console over a Xbox. Xbox games are mostly shooter oriented games, and to be honest I don’t like shooter at all. Only exception are story driven shooter e.g. like the order 1886. Nice try dude.

Lord Mittens

Community Cat
1 Jul 2022
my dog likes you too 😂

National Hug Your Dog Day GIF by Demic

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gediminas
D

Deleted member 417

And you don't see how they are being? Super aggressive, super defective and just label people for having different opinions.
Take a look around all of the gaming sites. They're full of Microsoft shills pushing the idea that subscription services are the way forward and that gamepass is the saviour of gaming.

However, if you question that message, even as an xbox fan, you're met with disingenuous replies based on financial reports and buzzword catch phrases. Very very few interactions with xbox 'fans' (I use that term loosely because xbox as a platform is factually worse now than 10 years ago) are genuine fans of the service and are either anti-sony or are on the pay roll.

When taking all of that into account, does it not seem reasonable that an apparent sony-only space, where fans can spew sony fanboyisms to their heart's content without brigading from Microsoft fans, would react negatively to just that?

All the talk of allowing everyone to have their say was all well and good at one point, when fanboys argued over games. Nowadays, with the Microsoft marketing infecting every online forum, I believe Microsoft 'fans' should be held to stricter standards. Especially when those same 'fans' have been found out to be blatant, paid-for accounts.

Elder Legend

10 Jan 2023
Nope I am for sure not jealous of Gamepass. I hate subscription services, I am not even using the one Sony offers lol. So I ask which game should a player which loves Singleplayer & Japanese games be jealous of Xbox? Who do you want to fool mister. I love and mostly many others because of the attractive games Sony does offer, 1st and 3rd Party. I would always choose a Japanese console over a Xbox. Xbox games are mostly shooter oriented games, and to be honest I don’t like shooter at all. Only exception are story driven shooter e.g. like the order 1886. Nice try dude.
Microsoft mostly focuses on MP and Live Service titles. At that rate, it boils down to what your preference is.

I grew up on shooters and RPGs, and Microsoft usually focuses on those. However, I personally have a very wide variety of the type of games I like. I've played every single Sony exclusives that came out in the last 2 years and loved all of them. The only one I haven't played is Spiderman simply because I just don't like the super hero himself. I've also had over 80 platinum earned during the PS4/X1 era on my old Sony PSN account and played most of the third party on there as well.

Demon's Souls was great
Returnal was a fantastic surprise

Ratchet & Clank was good too, I grew up on R&C from the PS2 days

God of War Ragnarok is a perfect example of how to develop and make a masterful sequel

Horizon Forbidden West I've only played 2 hours off and need to head back in, I was too occupied with Elden Ring st the time.

GT7 - I am not into Racing Simulators

As for Japanese titles it's Final Fantasy 7 Remake and FF16 for me. Would love a Dark Cloud 3 but that will never happen.

Death Stranding I had 0 hope for, but then I played the game and fell in love with it. It's a strangely designed game, but designed very well and is addicting. But it's a love or hate type game and is not for everyone.

For Xbox, Sea of Thieves is one of the best games I've played in the last decade. I've had countless amount of fun and memories with friends and prolly spent well over 1000 or more hours in it across different accounts.

Forza Horizon 4 and 5 were fantastic, although I preferred the soundtrack more in FHZ4.

Halo Infinite plays really well and has good polished gameplay, but the lack of promised features, slow content releases and poor management is what fucked it up.

Grounded is super different from what Obsidan used to develop. Thanks to Game Pass developers are able to take on more risky and creative projects now without putting in a ton of resources and big bets. I am glad Grounded was a success for them, very fun and well designed survival game.

Sony is severely lacking in the multillayer/live service department.

Microsoft has the opposite problem - they are lacking in good storytelling single player department. I am hoping that titles like Outer Worlds 2, Awoved, Starfield, Fable and Hellblade 2 fix that.

I have high hopes for the next Gears, but if I am going to be super honest as a fan of the franchise I strongly believe it needs the God of War Reboot treatment. The formula of Gears of War is getting stale, they need to do something to shake it ip and make it more interesting.

I am super hyped up for Wolverine, Final Fantasy 16, Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth and Death Stranding 2. I am also glad that Sony bought Bungie for their live service expertise. They really needed that, so I am looking forward too seeing what that team makes.

At the end of the day, why can't people just enjoy what both parties offer? This is what I do not understand x_x.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: peter42O

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
Microsoft mostly focuses on MP and Live Service titles. At that rate, it boils down to what your preference is.

I grew up on shooters and RPGs, and Microsoft usually focuses on those. However, I personally have a very wide variety of the type of games I like. I've played every single Sony exclusives that came out in the last 2 years and loved all of them. The only one I haven't played is Spiderman simply because I just don't like the super hero himself. I've also had over 80 platinum earned during the PS4/X1 era on my old Sony PSN account and played most of the third party on there as well.

Demon's Souls was great
Returnal was a fantastic surprise

Ratchet & Clank was good too, I grew up on R&C from the PS2 days

God of War Ragnarok is a perfect example of how to develop and make a masterful sequel

Horizon Forbidden West I've only played 2 hours off and need to head back in, I was too occupied with Elden Ring st the time.

GT7 - I am not into Racing Simulators

As for Japanese titles it's Final Fantasy 7 Remake and FF16 for me. Would love a Dark Cloud 3 but that will never happen.

Death Stranding I had 0 hope for, but then I played the game and fell in love with it. It's a strangely designed game, but designed very well and is addicting. But it's a love or hate type game and is not for everyone.

For Xbox, Sea of Thieves is one of the best games I've played in the last decade. I've had countless amount of fun and memories with friends and prolly spent well over 1000 or more hours in it across different accounts.

Forza Horizon 4 and 5 were fantastic, although I preferred the soundtrack more in FHZ4.

Halo Infinite plays really well and has good polished gameplay, but the lack of promised features, slow content releases and poor management is what fucked it up.

Grounded is super different from what Obsidan used to develop. Thanks to Game Pass developers are able to take on more risky and creative projects now without putting in a ton of resources and big bets. I am glad Grounded was a success for them, very fun and well designed survival game.

Sony is severely lacking in the multillayer/live service department.

Microsoft has the opposite problem - they are lacking in good storytelling single player department. I am hoping that titles like Outer Worlds 2, Awoved, Starfield, Fable and Hellblade 2 fix that.

I have high hopes for the next Gears, but if I am going to be super honest as a fan of the franchise I strongly believe it needs the God of War Reboot treatment. The formula of Gears of War is getting stale, they need to do something to shake it ip and make it more interesting.

I am super hyped up for Wolverine, Final Fantasy 16, Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth and Death Stranding 2. I am also glad that Sony bought Bungie for their live service expertise. They really needed that, so I am looking forward too seeing what that team makes.

At the end of the day, why can't people just enjoy what both parties offer? This is what I do not understand x_x.
If I didn't witness your attacks on posters here, your blatant lies (even when presented with the truth), deflection and trolling attempts, I'd almost believe your post was sincere.

Elder Legend

10 Jan 2023
If I didn't witness your attacks on posters here, your blatant lies (even when presented with the truth), deflection and trolling attempts, I'd almost believe your post was sincere.
You sure do live up to your name, at least your name doesn’t lie. Thanks for your opinion cunt.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
You know, I have come to the conclusion that you really are just like that guy from the head of OCP, you ruthless bastard you 😍

Elder Legend

10 Jan 2023
Embarrassing behavior all around, even beyond hurling these insults. Our patience is wearing thin.
No bother lad. The mask slipped effortlessly after your Rodney King attempt for calm. Keep on fanboying 👍
On the ignore list you go, you useless cunt.