Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
This article gives a decent summary of the proceedings. They mention that the June 12 hearing could lead to the CAT deciding to rule early, but I can't verify how likely or accurate that is. Maybe an Idas post can clear things up if our old buddy Florian Mueller hasn't scared him off, lol.

OP
OP
Satoru

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Sorry lads, can't really put on a big post here. Tldr is that Microsoft tried to be funny by only providing documentation within 1 business day of today's hearing and wanted a massively compressed timeline to fit before the 18th of July. Judge did grant a compressed timeline, but the hearings will occur on and after the 24th of July.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
With this decision it already went past the deadline set in the MS/Activision contract and Actvisions is seemingly getting cold feet. If they refuse to extend the deadline, it's dead.
What's the deadline? Does this mean they'll have to pay up the 3 Billion?

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Whats the worst case scenario if CAT rules in favor of MS? Deal is passed or it still goes back to the CMA?

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
What's the deadline? Does this mean they'll have to pay up the 3 Billion?
July 18th. MS and Activision can renegotiate the deal but it seems Activision is looking at other options. If they don't get the deal done by then, and with this decision they can't, MS is required to pay up. If MS and activision decide to extend the deadline, then things keep going they way they are until the next deadline.

However, a renegotiation will probably increase the price MS has to pay for both the acquisition and the fee if th deal falls through.

• Informative
Reactions: LED

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
July 18th. MS and Activision can renegotiate the deal but it seems Activision is looking at other options. If they don't get the deal done by then, and with this decision they can't, MS is required to pay up. If MS and activision decide to extend the deadline, then things keep going they way they are until the next deadline.

However, a renegotiation will probably increase the price MS has to pay for both the acquisition and the fee if th deal falls through.
I brought it up earleir in the thread but if the Comcast CEO is openly talking about buying ABK if this deal fails then i think Kotick is making the rounds on new potential buyers. Comcast CEO probably put up a trial balloon to see how the market/stock would react.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
I brought it up earleir in the thread but if the Comcast CEO is openly talking about buying ABK if this deal fails then i think Kotick is making the rounds on new potential buyers. Comcast CEO probably put up a trial balloon to see how the market/stock would react.
That's exactly whay I was referencing but couldn't remember who it actually was.