Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

Arminius

19 May 2023
Ding dong the deal is dead.

There is no world in which an extension happens. ABK can read the writing on the wall. Microsoft is hopelessly inept and fumbling in the dark. Money can't buy you brains.
Which is one of the many reasons I don’t want Microsoft to touch or go anywhere near a Japanese platform holder, publisher, studio, or developer.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
I saw someone on Reee say MS/ABK will ignore the July 18th date if the trial is in July, can they do that or is that copium?
I don't think MS/ABK lawyer would have complained about the trial date putting the deal in jeopardy today like they did if it were that simple.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
I saw someone on Reee say MS/ABK will ignore the July 18th date if the trial is in July, can they do that or is that copium?
ABK would have to willingly forego the 3b payout by renegotiating the contract in the hopes that the CAT will overturn AND justify their actions to their shareholders, ultimately. The same shareholders who, upon learning of the CMA block, sent the share price back to the 70s. In short

No Way Meme GIF

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
Too early to say, but MS supposedly aren't very happy about the starting date the judge set. Then again the CMA legal team didn't do a very good job and they'll definitely need to improve by the next hearing.

I'm reading here something about deadline. MS wanted sooner, but judge approved for CMA to be later. Don't get it

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
I'm reading here something about deadline. MS wanted sooner, but judge approved for CMA to be later. Don't get it
I'm reading that the CMA wanted the date to be scheduled way later than what it was, though the date supposedly can be changed at the next hearing. MS apparently wants the date to be before the July 18 deadline that the deal has to be completed by or MS and ABK will have to negltiate a new deal with eachother, but apparently the judge will only do that if MS agree to limit the amount of documents or details submitted/required.

MS already got a lot of their way at this hearing, but apparently not as much as they wanted.

Final schedule will be set at the June 12 hearing and the cma legal team need to do better at this next one.

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
MS apparently wants the date to be before the July 18 deadline that the deal has to be completed by or MS and ABK will have to negltiate a new deal with eachother

New deal with each other after July 24th?

Dodkrake would be able to say more once he has time. I just hear that they didn't like the July 24th starting date because it's after their final deadline for the deal.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
No, the deal deadline is July 18, but currently the hearing date is set for July 24th. They'll have to come up with a new deal on July 18th.
Since ABK seems to have news bidders, I hope they up their price a lot to the point MS shareholders will back off from the deal.

Reactions: Bryank75