Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

daniel5043

Veteran
19 Jan 2023
No FromSoftware, Square Enix, Capcom.
Denzel Washington Reaction GIF
That's only the top target they think they have a chance with whilst for square and capcom they know it's a lot less likely

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
I think we saw earlier they had already gone after SE.
They had true. And also for a second time. In early 2000s and in 2020. They were rejected and blocked by Japanese government. The only company who will acquire Square Enix will be Sony. Mark my words!

Nitro

10 Apr 2023
North Pole
We see in Matt Booty's email just how inconsequential 10 years is for Microsoft.

If we think that video game content matters in 10 years, we might look back and say, "Totally would have been worth it to loose $2B or $3B in 2020 to avoid a situation where Tencent, Google, Amazon or even Sony have become the Disney of games and own most of the valuable content."

Microsoft are prepared to sign some contracts today to in order to withhold ABK content in future. Also adds context to Phil's "10 years is plenty of time for Sony to make their own Call of Duty" remark.

• fire
Reactions: Cool hand luke

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Guys we are all not fans of mass consolidation but times has sadly changed because Microsoft wants not play by the rules. Sony needs to wake up and I encourage every last one of you to drop this stance: “Sony doesn’t need to buy anyone”. Wrong!
Sony needs to secure their partners: Square Enix full acquisition, partial stake in Capcom and Konami. And maybe a stake in TakeTwo. Don’t encourage Sony to be lazy. This how they lost for example Atlus. Sega bougt them for low $144k…
Sony needs to act before it’s too late!

Reactions: VillaiN

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Guys we are all not fans of mass consolidation but times has sadly changed because Microsoft wants not play by the rules. Sony needs to wake up and I encourage every last one of you to drop this stance: “Sony doesn’t need to buy anyone”. Wrong!
Sony needs to secure their partners: Square Enix full acquisition, partial stake in Capcom and Konami. And maybe a stake in TakeTwo. Don’t encourage Sony to be lazy. This how they lost for example Atlus. Sega bougt them for low $144k…
Sony needs to act before it’s too late!
Agreed, Sony should push the limits and buy stakes or full control of a massive swathe of IPs and devs.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Eternal_Wings

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
All of this leaking ahead of time gives me the impression that if the judge grants the injunction MS can say “hey at least we tried.”