Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
All of these bad news threads are being buried in the merger thread on era. That forum is disgusting.
Is the media really going to talk about this or it's just us on forums? They've been protecting MS since the beginning of the gen. We knew their true colors all along.

How do we interpret this operating plan as it pertains to Sega:

FzlVkMDWYAAdlbV

Xbox enthusiasts say all Sega games would remain multiplatform, but it sounds similar to the ZeniMax deal to me.

Microsoft will continue to develop and sell all acquired games/franchises on multiple platforms. That part seems okay. However, when it comes to future games/IP, it only guarantees Xbox, in addition to other relevant platforms "as rights permit."

Enough wriggle room to later say new Sega IP Project-X is Xbox/PC only.
When are we going to find out if Sega accepted this shit deal? Or they already declined?

Persona would be 100% exclusive because that hurts Sony and that's exactly what they want.

Last edited:

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
We see in Matt Booty's email just how inconsequential 10 years is for Microsoft.

If we think that video game content matters in 10 years, we might look back and say, "Totally would have been worth it to loose $2B or $3B in 2020 to avoid a situation where Tencent, Google, Amazon or even Sony have become the Disney of games and own most of the valuable content."

Microsoft are prepared to sign some contracts today to in order to withhold ABK content in future. Also adds context to Phil's "10 years is plenty of time for Sony to make their own Call of Duty" remark.
This statement alone is a key admission into them planning monopolistic practices, buy now to foreclose later. If this judge doesn't grant this injunction my 1 ounce of faith in anything happening to mega corporations will be gone.

• sad
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Just waded into the Reee thread for the first time since the FTC trial began. It's all Sony too waaah waaah waaah poor MS the victim.

Set a fire and burn the entire place down with all of them in it.

On Fire Burn GIF by Searchlight Pictures

• fire

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023

What is FTC doing, why is this a Sony vs MS friends party. They should've subpoena more cloud companies against the deal like google or someone, now the judge will hear more sides in favor of the deal with Nvidia and MS than against. Has FTC even brought up the broader Azure/Cloud concerns at all during this trial? the console argument was a shaky one

• brain

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
Lets keep this story dragging on forever so xbox stay busy with it all their minds and focus are all into this and they produces nothin till the end of this gen

Steve Carell Lol GIF

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
22 Jun 2022
Microsoft tried in 2022 but they were rejected by Sammy Group. This was around Tokyo Game Show when Sarah Bond was talking about they have big things to reveal. Microsoft wanted to hostile takeover Sega, so the Japanese government blocked it. Guys remember it, I told you last year in 2022 about it! But nobody had believed it. My source (friend of mine I luckily know) was not lying after all.
Can we take Sega off the selling discussions now with this information/confirmation. Like, for instance, I dont think Capcom needs nor is interested in selling, and SE seem be operating as a like-next door partner company, just not married on paper.

Playstation Sucka

8 Jan 2023
This statement alone is a key admission into them planning monopolistic practices, buy now to foreclose later. If this judge doesn't grant this injunction my 1 ounce of faith in anything happening to mega corporations will be gone.
Yeah it's not getting an injunction you can write it on the wall either from the federal court or district court of appeals

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
Bros in resetera have to lock the thread because xbots were losing and started reporting

Xbox seems to have moderator in charge there

Sucker mod cant handle the heat

RIP freedom of speech from now on every narrative there will be under xbox control
Will Smith Lol GIF by The Academy Awards

Told u that place is under Ms pocket now

OP
OP
Darth Vader

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Why does Sony need a PC studio for? To release games on PC that will skip PlayStation? If they are going to start doing that might as well just change PlayStation name to Xbox then.

Paradox is a PC publisher with a few studios. They can keep them semi independent, just don't mess with their business model, and reap the benefits.

Last edited:

Red2Radio

13 Mar 2023
Germany
If MSFT manages to pull of even a fraction of what these documents just leaked, I think I might leave gaming for good. I just don't want to engage with Xbots anymore and gaming has become less and less fun, especially since Phil took over Xbox. I already have enough of my own problems to deal with, I think I need to distance myself from gaming's problems

daniel5043

Veteran
19 Jan 2023
Is the media really going to talk about this or it's just us on forums? They've been protecting MS since the beginning of the gen. We knew their true colors all along.

When are we going to find out if Sega accepted this shit deal? Or they already declined?

Persona would be 100% exclusive because that hurts Sony and that's exactly what they want.
I would bet persona would release on Switch a couple months later like ori