Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Do we have a thread for the hilarious document where Phil is talking about closing everything Xbox to create a new mobile gaming arm for MS? Dude is a bullshit artist and his only concern is extending his period of employment at MS.

If you pay attention the dude comes of as really lazy, it takes years and years for him to take action on anything.

OP
OP
Darth Vader

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Not sure if it has been discussed, but this document shows that Microsoft is willing to take the financial hit to further their goals. I'm not sure how the CMA overlooked this, is it possible that this document was never shared?

Remember boosteroid? Interesting email here:

I know it has been shared, but here's the list of all companies they thought about acquiring, and I don't doubt are in the process of acquiring right now.

Last edited:

riesgoyfortuna

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
That green rat mod now said the threads will remain locked.

Unbelievable how that site is trying to protect MS.
they block any news that paint ms in a bad way to the abk thread because most of the shielded by mods xbox warriors are there and gang up on any anti merger user,and most users avoid that thread

gokuss4

Veteran
28 Jan 2023
Not sure if it has been discussed, but this document shows that Microsoft is willing to take the financial hit to further their goals. I'm not sure how the CMA overlooked this, is it possible that this document was never shared?

Remember boosteroid? Interesting email here:

I know it has been shared, but here's the list of all companies they thought about acquiring, and I don't doubt are in the process of acquiring right now.

I think blocking the activision deal will be a gamechanger imo
It will be hard for any consoles manufacturer to buy any big third party publishers imo

Reactions: Arminius

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
I think blocking the activision deal will a gamechanger imo
It will be hard for any consoles manufacturer to buy any big third party publishers imo
good, that how it should be. less acquisitions, more innovation, more customer friendly practices, more people compete, the better games, better offers, better prices. it is just win win.

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Reactions: Arminius

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
22 Jun 2022
I think blocking the activision deal will be a gamechanger imo
Good. I mostly scream at the clouds because I could see MS'S strategy bumping up with Sony looking out of pocket losing 3P relationships like with SEGA, and others over the course of PS3, PS4, PS5. If the acquisitions game of RISK can be stopped now that's great.

But Sony still need to pull their head out of their ass and stop losing relationships, stop missing opportunities to buy important studios/IP when situations become available, not waste money on misguided PC/mobile strategy and half baked products that aren't fit for purpose.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Good. I mostly scream at the clouds because I could see MS'S strategy bumping up with Sony looking out of pocket losing 3P relationships like with SEGA, and others over the course of PS3, PS4, PS5. If the acquisitions game of RISK can be stopped now that's great.

But Sony still need to pull their head out of their ass and stop losing relationships, stop missing opportunities to buy important studios/IP when situations become available, not waste money on misguided PC/mobile strategy and half baked products that aren't fit for purpose.
Sony leadership has been asleep on the wheel as far as Japan is concerned for ages at this point.

They divested from Square Enix, allowed Atlus to be bought on the cheap after Persona 4 had already released, allowed FromSoftware to be acquired on the cheap as well while they were working on Bloodborne and Dark Souls had been a massive success, allowed Japan Studios to wither away to the point of being shut down.

Reactions: Danja

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
With the full extent of Microsofts attempts to consume the entire industry laid bare, I wonder if more people on here will come to see things more from our perspective?

That Sony need to go big and make some major acquisitions... From, TakeTwo or Capcom along with Square. Some combination of those.

Our perspective?

Also the email if you read it was Booty talking that they could do that. But ultimately want to make acquisitions that make sense. But I think the bigger issue that email shows is how broken Xbox as a brand is management wise. That they are even having those kind of email chains, where the conversation is about buying studios/Publishers just to have content.

I mean Sony is buying studios for sure to secure content, but they are doing it for places they know they are weak in like Online titles.
Xbox just has not been able to manage their current stable brand of games nor come up with anything outside of Sea of thieves that super meaningful or impactful.

And the kicker is who's fault is it? Booty has not been with the division long, but Phil has.
To me the buck stops with Phil. He does not come off as hungry, only now that they are on the edge of doing worse than previous gen are they in "do or die" mode.

WTF was he doing during Mattrick days? If I was management which Phil was for Microsoft Game Studios, I would have been shouting. And after 2013 debacle he did not raise up any red flags until the swamp was drained and he only remained?
And how the fuck do you not put your job on the line and tell MS "yo, this shit aint working we need to get back to where we were". It took him being CEO in 2017 to make a plea?

To me that shows you how broken MS is as a company that no one wants to point at their structure and say" yo this is whats fucking other divisions".
And now here we are at a trial, its fucking sad. I wish they would just partner with Sega Producers, and have them help xbox.

Competition brings out the best in all companies when its healthy Competition. Sony investing in Multiplayer studios is healthy, Microsoft buying a publisher because they cant make content is unhealthy.

• brain
Reactions: Bryank75

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Competition brings out the best in all companies when its healthy Competition. Sony investing in Multiplayer studios is healthy, Microsoft buying a publisher because they cant make content is unhealthy.
Historically competition has always brought out the worse when MS is involved.

How is one of the few studios confident enough to spend big on AAA single player games pivoting to GaaS as a desperate move to protect itself against an aggressive competitor that is trying to "outspend them out of business" a positive thing?

There is not lack of GaaS content and investment already from pretty much every publisher.

• brain
Reactions: Bryank75