Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
her bite is actually pretty loud actually, she's single handedly done a lot for consumer rights by helping create the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
Resetera loves senator Warren. I'm sure they've had a come to Jesus moment and have changed their opinions on the acquisition. Let me check that thread

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
her bite is actually pretty loud actually, she's single handedly done a lot for consumer rights by helping create the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
That was before she was a Senator unfortunately. She's part of the establishment now.

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
With those fking morons behind FTC they neva gonna make anything out of this. At least buy it sometimesm

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
cma and ftc turning that table😂😂
Dj GIF by Party Legends

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
That was before she was a Senator unfortunately. She's part of the establishment now.
ah so doesn't count because reasons.

On another note, the appeal already differs from the Meta Within case, and means that the FTC will continue to fight this until the administrative court happens in August. MS is certainly not out of the clear yet.

Now focus exclusively on Cloud
Fuck Sony, DONT EVEN MENTION THEM.

I doubt the FTC learned that lesson, but we'll see. Does anyone know if appeals go through the same judge or a different one?

Reactions: Arminius

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
ah so doesn't count because reasons.

On another note, the appeal already differs from the Meta Within case, and means that the FTC will continue to fight this until the administrative court happens in August. MS is certainly not out of the clear yet.

I doubt the FTC learned that lesson, but we'll see. Does anyone know if appeals go through the same judge or a different one?
Of course it doesn't count. People change. Donald Trump used to be pals with the Clintons and a New York liberal Democrat. Now look at him.
Warren talks a good game and I believe she still has good intentions, but she is handcuffed now by the rot of being involved in party politics. Can't go too hard on the hand that feeds the reelection funds. Especially because her last reelection was one of the most expensive races in Senate history.

reziel

Veteran
12 Jun 2023
Dang I wonder how this will turn out now that MS is being attacked at the same time rather then have a large amount of time to deal with 1 at a time.

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
Of course it doesn't count. People change. Donald Trump used to be pals with the Clintons and a New York liberal Democrat. Now look at him.
Warren talks a good game and I believe she still has good intentions, but she is handcuffed now by the rot of being involved in party politics. Can't go too hard on the hand that feeds the reelection funds. Especially because her last reelection was one of the most expensive races in Senate history.
How is it that expensive? Massachusetts is a deep Dem state. Just the Dem brand alone gives her the W.

Most politicians doesn't have integrity or principle. They just run where the money go.

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
The FTC is not only toothless; it’s run by a bunch on idiots.

Let’s see what comes out of this.

Ezekiel

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Well done to the CMA and FTC today. What’s stopping ABK/MS from announcing an extension now if that’s the plan? The appeal and CMA re-review can not be completed within a week.
If I'm in charge of ABK, first I now ask for 120$ per share. The stock is now trading close to 95$, so no point in 'only' getting that.

Also, I'm asking for a 10 billion breakup fee. 3 billion was nice. You know what's even better? 10 billion.

The deadline extended to a year.

I doubt MS goes for it. Looking at all the different regulators scrutinizing you for so long, it's gonna be a hard sell. PR wise I think they did the best they could given this was an anti-competitive, anti-consumer merger.

Come Wednesday July 19th, we'll get a nice rehearsed song and dance about how they disagreed with the regulators, but ultimately comply with the laws. That they only wanted "to bring more games, to more players, to more devices" schtick.

Jim Ryan will make Bobby Kotick sing and dance for PlayStation when a new CoD marketing deal is signed.

Reactions: Banjo64

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022