Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I heard all the memes about Mitt Romney being a Democrat. Also wasn't Trump a Democrat as well? I think most politicians are just griftors.
Yeah Mitt Romney could be a Democrat (well except for the guns and abortion stuff). But all politicians in this country, even the ones that used to be "good" outside of politics, are completely worthless unless you are a moneyed interest with lobbyists and campaign donations. Then you can literally get away with murder. That's why the military budget keeps blowing up while the politicians cry about how we spend too much. Then you go look and Raytheon and Boeing and GE etc are donating to everyone.

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
Yeah Mitt Romney could be a Democrat (well except for the guns and abortion stuff). But all politicians in this country, even the ones that used to be "good" outside of politics, are completely worthless unless you are a moneyed interest with lobbyists and campaign donations. Then you can literally get away with murder. That's why the military budget keeps blowing up while the politicians cry about how we spend too much. Then you go look and Raytheon and Boeing and GE etc are donating to everyone.
This is funny and sad at the same time. Lul these people should be locked up.
FIxZYgyUYAAeK_4.jpg

DemonRavana

30 Jun 2023
ah so doesn't count because reasons.

On another note, the appeal already differs from the Meta Within case, and means that the FTC will continue to fight this until the administrative court happens in August. MS is certainly not out of the clear yet.

I doubt the FTC learned that lesson, but we'll see. Does anyone know if appeals go through the same judge or a different one?

The appeal goes through a 9th circuit tribunal I believe (if I'm wrong I'll correct it in an edit)

EDIT: It may just be a single judge that sees it, I'm not quite sure, but it'll definitely be a different judge

Reactions: nongkris

KingOfTheDead

Banned
3 Jul 2023
Bring on the appeal. Let the FTC get cooked again. Their gluttons for punishment. They have a weak case and have to race against time. Khan is wasting tax payers money on cases they have a low chance of winning. Khan is going down with her ship. So be it.

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
The CMA letting everyone know which parties came crawling back:
"Whilst merging parties don’t have the opportunity to put forward new remedies once a final report has been issued, they can choose to restructure a deal, which can lead to a new merger investigation. Microsoft and Activision have indicated that they are considering how the transaction might be modified, and the CMA is prepared to engage with them on this basis. These discussions remain at an early stage and the nature and timing of next steps will be determined in due course. While both parties have requested a pause in Microsoft’s appeal to allow these discussions to take place, the CMA decision set out in its final report still stands."

Coming back to this thread now and I would just like to state this is exactly as I stated earlier with regards to the CMA's statements, to which KingOfTheDead believed was absolutely not the case. To quote myself "the CMA which has not changed its position in the slightest and suggesting that, without any evidence to show them reversing their position, they are still blocking the deal. If they want to talk to Microsoft about the potential remedies they've already outlined based on their findings." Now we know Microsoft is who wants to talk to the CMA, to pass the deal. Wow, who could have guessed the CMA is still a roadblock to them.

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
If Microsoft loses, doesn’t that open much of their warchest to buy other publishers?
Hopefully not.

But honestly these morons won't change their toxic tactic. Watch them lurking to see any publishers in trouble so they can snoop them. Probably Ubisoft is next on their table, they are buried in loss.

Reactions: Arminius

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
So what happens if the 9th circuit doesn’t rule til after the 18th? Is there a TRO until they weigh in?

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
So Microsoft realised they won't get past the CMA with how the current structure of the transaction is. CMA have made it clear no new remedies are allowed their decision stands. They didn't buckle at all.

But now MS are forced to create a modified transaction, and CMA will again assess that. How long that takes we don't know. Makes total sense why CMA asked for the appeal to be halted.

If ms are changing the transaction then CMA as the market regulator has to engage them, nothing shocking there.
in that instance, if the transaction is modified wouldn't it need to be re regulated by all of the worlds regulatory agencies, or is microsoft trying to just ring fence a new deal with the UK?