Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
I reckon they're counting on the future being cloud so they don't really need dedicated hardware to run games handheld it will be cloud based or nothing
Even in a cloud only future you'll still need dedicated hardware for gaming specially on the go, almost nobody wants to play traditional games on their phones.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
There are actually many bastards who want to play traditional games on their phones. Never understand why and do not want to understand why.
Not that many people given how bad all these streaming services are doing. Mobile players want to play mobile games.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
This is not about wanting him to take the deal or not, read it again. He is pathetic, he denied the initial deal just to accept it again now and turn himself into a clown. He bet on the regulators and he bet wrong, pursued the blocking, failed, now begged MS to keep COD on PS5. This is just laughingly pathetic.
We've seen Microsoft is willing to take anticompetitive and monopolistic moves whenever there isn't an iron-clad contract. There's no doubt that in the off chance they acquired ABK with COD, they would do something devious in the near future that degraded the experience for PS users to siphon away the userbase. Jim's doing the smart thing and mitigating risk.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
I agree ATM but things change , I still like buying my games & owning them but I expect a subscription only future when Microsoft gets its way
There is not future where you play a traditional AAA like Uncharted or God of War game on your screen. Either these games are going to be heavily altered to caters to mobile degenerates or they'll be played on dedicated devices.

We've seen Microsoft is willing to take anticompetitive and monopolistic moves whenever there isn't an iron-clad contract. There's no doubt that in the off chance they acquired ABK with COD, they would do something devious in the near future that degraded the experience for PS users to siphon away the userbase. Jim's doing the smart thing and mitigating risk.
They 100% are going to do it, we saw in the emails how they think, they didn't like that Minecraft wasn't superior on Xbox. To start with they'll drop adaptive triggers and haptic feedback, Xbox version will likely get early access, discounted price, exclusive items, etc.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
This is not about wanting him to take the deal or not, read it again. He is pathetic, he denied the initial deal just to accept it again now and turn himself into a clown. He bet on the regulators and he bet wrong, pursued the blocking, failed, now begged MS to keep COD on PS5. This is just laughingly pathetic.
Again he should have accepted the deal and help Microsoft with the merger? He didn't bet on regulators. Regulatory bodies are there for a reason. He only was against the merger after Xbox tried to screw them over and went public lying.

Either way who carws if he looks pathetic? He got a longer deal and by doing so, buys themself sometime to hopefully come up with a few things to eventually ween their audience off COD.

I promise you Jim doesn't care what fanboys and media shills thinks of him. He's the reason the merger almost crumbled.

Reactions: Plextorage

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
To you, perhaps. But the brand optics in new Crash & Spyro, Guitar Hero etc. games not coming to PlayStation, is really problematic for Sony IMHO. Considering PlayStation made those IP popular in the first place.
These most likely won’t be revived. And if they are, they’ll be like the recent crash game: pure trash. So who cares anyway?

Thunderstorm__

31 May 2023
Sure, signing a deal is still one of the better options, but I just find it pathetic that Jimbo now needs to crawl back to Xbox head office to sign a deal that he was not only against at first but also wanted to block the entire ABK deal.

Thunderstorm__

31 May 2023
Again he should have accepted the deal and help Microsoft with the merger? He didn't bet on regulators. Regulatory bodies are there for a reason. He only was against the merger after Xbox tried to screw them over and went public lying.

Either way who carws if he looks pathetic? He got a longer deal and by doing so, buys themself sometime to hopefully come up with a few things to eventually ween their audience off COD.

I promise you Jim doesn't care what fanboys and media shills thinks of him. He's the reason the merger almost crumbled.
If he was not against the deal then he should have taken the 10 years deal then? You are saying regulators are on their own, so that means Sony accepting the deal will have no effects on regulatory decisions then.

I‘ll believe he has a plan when he actually shows it. COD remaining on PS means it will be harder to lure players to a new game.

Lol almost crumbled? In what way exactly? The deal is now close to being completed and Jimbo has no choices but to accept the newly proposed deal.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
:( thread title change. Is it official now? Just walking in the door
No. The only thing we know for sure is that the CMA block still stands, which means the acquisition in its current form has no chance of closing legally. People fell for MS propaganda, and to be fair, it's been overwhelming.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
If he was not against the deal then he should have taken the 10 years deal then? You are saying regulators are on their own, so that means Sony accepting the deal will have no effects on regulatory decisions then.

I‘ll believe he has a plan when he actually shows it. COD remaining on PS means it will be harder to lure players to a new game.

Lol almost crumbled? In what way exactly? The deal is now close to being completed and Jimbo has no choices but to accept the newly proposed deal.

You don't even know what you are talking about. The first deal was for 3 more years of COD and existing IP's... Jim is the reason everyone including Nintendo even started getting deals of 10 years.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
22 Jun 2022
Besides Diablo, there's nothing else from Activision Blizzard that moves the needle and Diablo just came out so nothing for like 10 years.

The ones you name are irrelevant. Did you know Crash Rumble came out 2 weeks ago? It's a total flop, no one cares. Xbox can keep Crash. It will die faster than Halo.
Cant Speak Nathan Fillion GIF

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Besides Diablo, there's nothing else from Activision Blizzard that moves the needle and Diablo just came out so nothing for like 10 years.

The ones you name are irrelevant. Did you know Crash Rumble came out 2 weeks ago? It's a total flop, no one cares. Xbox can keep Crash. It will die faster than Halo.
They are making a brand new Survival MMO brand new world/IP. Diablo 4 is huge and will be a 10 year title more than likely. They also have starcraft 3 in development which I believe if done correctly control wise will be huge on console.

Especially if the early hints of mixture of third person stuff is true.

Not to mention all the back catalog IP they have.

• thinking_hard
Reactions: Gods&Monsters