Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
if it's a Square Enix acquisition, does it really benefit Sony? I don't see anything other than they just fully own them now.
It would mean PlayStation owning huge IPs like Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest, more money being made on PlayStation, more games published by PlayStation, more Japanese influence inside of PlayStation, there are a lot of positive even if the key SE games already release on PS many as temporary exclusives, one less publisher for Xbox to buy.

Also, a chance for an HBO Final Fantasy series. :ROFLMAO:

24 Jun 2022
It would mean PlayStation owning huge IPs like Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest, more money being made on PlayStation, more games published by PlayStation, more Japanese influence inside of PlayStation, there are a lot of positive even if the key SE games already release on PS many as temporary exclusives, one less publisher for Xbox to buy.

Also, a chance for an HBO Final Fantasy series. :ROFLMAO:

Penultimate episode: 1 hour of riding Chocobos

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
It’s fun seeing the same people cheerleading for ABK’s acquisition now trembling in fear and drinking in hopium because if this rumor of an imminent SQEX acquisition by Sony… lol
why? they weren't buying the games anyway. if they even got them on xb

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
I have a friend who work on a financial consultant firm in Minato ward.

His firm got SE as one of major customer last few months I think, he cannot disclose to me what was discussed there which I really want to know. The whole Sony SE seems just too tiring to hear.

• Surprised
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
I am certain certain "fanbase" or cult I would say probably accounts for one third of the mental illness on Twitter platform.

Reactions: Jim Ryan

Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Screenshot_20230717-073042_Chrome.jpg
F1MabCaXoAAyIyO

• haha
Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
why? they weren't buying the games anyway. if they even got them on xb
They want Sony to stay at the same level they are now or weaker. Even an indie exclusive would set them off.

I doubt a massive amount of people will buy an Xbox to play old CODs on Game Pass, which is now more expensive with GP Core. Give it a few weeks and they'll realize nothing changed.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I have a friend who work on a financial consultant firm in Minato ward.

His firm got SE as one of major customer last few months I think, he cannot disclose to me what was discussed there which I really want to know. The whole Sony SE seems just too tiring to hear.
That's interesting info. Hopefully you have more juice you can share with us soon

👀

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
That's interesting info. Hopefully you have more juice you can share with us soon

👀
That is all I know. I am not inside the video games industry or financial consultant. Just one of friend tell me about that.

A bunch of SE employees was arrested in this year for insider trading so I don't think the rest of them are dumb enough to commit same sin. If info about stuffs like this leak online then SE would be under investigation. Unlike US, Japan take that shit really serious.

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
It can fail but it's pretty much a 99% chance it won't now. With Playstation signing to continue having CoD on their system the CMA can't fight this anymore even if they threw out the console situation first.

See post 13,429. Reziel did a good job explaining.

CMA still can fight. Sony signing a deal is no more different than signed deal with Nintendo, Geforce Now... etc. CMA blocked it back then. And CMA still can block it.

Luffy123

Veteran
16 Jul 2023
worst part of this shit is that those astroturfers and non gamers now treating that loser Florian Mueller as gospel again

Thank god I found this forum because nearly every other place to speak on gaming is becoming hive mind by these "hardcore" gamers who think they speak for the casuals. Reddit Shitset and Twitter worst among them

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Glad to know you didn't read my whole post I literally said that at the end of it.

Yes you did and it is irrelevant cause the only issue for CMA is Cloud Gaming.

That issue still remains irrespective of Sony signing a COD deal or not. Nothing to do with Cloud Gaming.

So what’s your point?

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
if it's a Square Enix acquisition, does it really benefit Sony? I don't see anything other than they just fully own them now.

yes, Square has a MMO and some mobile games that would help Sony get their shit together in that space. Using Final fantasy, dragon quest brands they can make some inroads.

Also the biggest thing no one is talking about if this is SE joining Sony is SE wants to take their brands into other mediums like film/tv/anime. Sony is the best choice since they own Crunchyroll, Sony pictures and have had success with putting their properties to TV/FILM.