Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

reziel

Veteran
12 Jun 2023
Twitter is a shit show right now. That is the future of the game industry if bought by MS.
Unfortunately, Twitter is always a mess. The reasonable mindsets are always drowned out by the mindless mobs. Better yet, you'd think those people would have better things to do on the weekend. Worse yet is all the people in the shared tweet above this post that are using Playstations exclusives as reasons that justify MS purchase.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
Whom is judges son? Is he a notable employee, say maybe he was for XB being spun off previously? Or what is the judge's ruling history towards similar cases?

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
Unfortunately, Twitter is always a mess. The reasonable mindsets are always drowned out by the mindless mobs. Better yet, you'd think those people would have better things to do on the weekend. Worse yet is all the people in the shared tweet above this post that are using Playstations exclusives as reasons that justify MS purchase.

Oh yea, it was always that way. I mean the new rules that limit users who don’t pay. That wasn’t there before.

Reactions: reziel

reziel

Veteran
12 Jun 2023
Whom is judges son? Is he a notable employee, say maybe he was for XB being spun off previously? Or what is the judge's ruling history towards similar cases?
1.There's no information on the name of the judges son and we don't need to know he should be left alone. We know how rabid people can get with info like that.
2.What we do know is that he has no part in the gaming division.
3.As for the judge ruling history she was in charge of the Gamers case against the merger and ruled against it but the info they had paled in comparison to the FTC information.

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
This seems like hopium and trying to rationalize 4d chess out of FTC bad case. It would make sense if they kept the whole thing about the console SLC, but it seems like they meagerly tried to throw in cloud concerns here and there. Nothing is showing me that they would change tactics to the cloud concerns in administrative court, now it's all back to the CMA.

I was one of the few people that believed FTC had a real shot in court because there are real anti-trust concerns with this case as we all know, but only if they made the proper case. Their poor performance and even mentioning being worried about the harm to Sony and the judge having to say she's worried about consumers was borderline embarrassing if it happened.

Agreed. I feel like the CMA would of won this case.

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
We need back someone like Ken Kutaragi or Chris Deering back in leadership roles... Aggressive and cut throat
No one is better suited than Kaz Hirai. Imo Keiichiro Urata should be appointed as new PlayStation CEO. He was the mind who pulled off all these Japanese exclusive deals for Microsoft’s Xbox 360. I think it’s not impossible, he is currently Company Director at SIE and Jim Exam becomes older. He also has experience as former Capcom CEO.

Reactions: Arminius

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Agreed. I feel like the CMA would of won this case.
Yep, and it's sad because the CMA was even hinting that the cloud angle was the one the FTC should've attacked with when they dropped the console concerns. Instead they gave a poor showing arguing over COD on Playstation

Reactions: Arminius

Arminius

19 May 2023
Judge‘s pockets are lined by MS probably.

Also, it’s too bad Sony can’t ally themselves with a bigger company like Alphabet or Apple.

Nitro

10 Apr 2023
North Pole
Stephen Totilo on Two Microsofts:

Microsoft's take on Microsoft is of a company whose gaming team is trying to expand the market by playing nice even with traditional rivals, producing games for as many systems, including PlayStation, as possible, with some limits.​

The FTC’s take on Microsoft is that it talks nice publicly but has different plans in mind and is prepared to use the company’s war chest to tolerate short-term losses to squeeze rivals.​

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Reactions: Arminius and Eggman

Ronin714

3 Jul 2022
London
They’re going aggressive right now. They’re trying to portray themselves to be the good guy but these emails say otherwise. They’re paying for bots to harass others who are not pro merger. Any rational person wouldn’t agree to this merger. Especially after what transpired. The fact that the judge’s son works for them makes it a clear conflict of interest.