NDrake: An acclaimed Xbox 1st party title, in GOTY convo for the year it released, will come to a compt pltform in 2024. HiFi Rush, Sea of thieves

Jim Ryan

Not Lyin
VIP
22 Jun 2022

Another truckload of salt

Stephen Curry Bae GIF by MOODMAN

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
Why do you act as if it’s up to Microsoft as to where Game Pass will be available?

Microsoft lost.

Game Pass is an unsustainable venture that helped kill Xbox.

Accept those facts, as unpleasant as you may personally find them, because they are the facts.

Considering we already know Sony and Nintendo both shot down Game Pass on their platforms, it's amazing this idea keeps getting brought up. Agreed on that it helped kill Xbox too. It was really only possible for a company like MS - no one else is foolish enough to think 'quantity over quality' is what gamers want.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Considering we already know Sony and Nintendo both shot down Game Pass on their platforms, it's amazing this idea keeps getting brought up. Agreed on that it helped kill Xbox too. It was really only possible for a company like MS - no one else is foolish enough to think 'quantity over quality' is what gamers want.
It comes from the corporate culture of arrogance combined with a total lack of understanding of how gaming works.

They were able to force the business world into subscriptions, because there is no choice if a business wants to be able to operate with outside partners. If you don’t use MS Office, you can’t easily and reliably collaborate.

Gamers have a choice, as much as Nadella didn’t realize it. Making 365 a thing was possible because there are no viable competitors to Windows in the business world. MS painted a vision where gamers would pay monthly to game, gamers told them where to cram it.

The rest is unfolding before our eyes, and if the chilly reception the concept of OS subscriptions is getting in the corporate world, MS could find itself in a bad spot in their core business too.

Last edited:

Durondo12

Banned
26 Nov 2023
Xbox's downfall has already begun. You can see it in declining console sales, game sales, mind share, and momentum. This has been going on for a while. Offering their titles on other platforms is a symptom of that and indicative that a major change of direction is needed. As well, what's the difference if games go to Nintendo or Sony? Sales are sales and since you prefer their platform, this will help in that area too.
The same arguments can be about Sony and Nintendo.

• thinking_hard
Reactions: anonpuffs

Durondo12

Banned
26 Nov 2023
Nintendo may have their most successful handheld ever in the Switch and PS5 is minting money for Sony, so...no
Again fuck the sales, stop using the sales, the point here is that the same arguments can be said about both Nintendo and Sony but since it's Xbox fuck them right? As leaks suggest from Insomniac seems like Sony later down the line will do something similar and I can't wait for that to happen.

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
The same arguments can be about Sony and Nintendo.

No, Sony and Nintendo are doing quite well for themselves. You might want to actually look up information on how Xbox is selling on a world-wide scale. Or how Game Pass has stagnated. If you don't want to do any of that, then simply try to reason out why MS would be willing to publish their first-party on other platforms.

Durondo12

Banned
26 Nov 2023
No, Sony and Nintendo are doing quite well for themselves. You might want to actually look up information on how Xbox is selling on a world-wide scale. Or how Game Pass has stagnated. If you don't want to do any of that, then simply try to reason out why MS would be willing to publish their first-party on other platforms.
Again going to repeat myself again and again and again, the same damn arguments can be said about both companies, and sooner or later it will happen. You saying that means shit to me, I said what I said.

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
Again going to repeat myself again and again and again, the same damn arguments can be said about both companies, and sooner or later it will happen. You saying that means shit to me, I said what I said.

All you're saying is you're unwilling to look at this situation realistically. Trying to lump in Sony and Nintendo with Xbox's decline when all data shows your are provably wrong is pointless. It may make you feel better, but it doesn't change anything.

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
Again fuck the sales, stop using the sales, the point here is that the same arguments can be said about both Nintendo and Sony but since it's Xbox fuck them right? As leaks suggest from Insomniac seems like Sony later down the line will do something similar and I can't wait for that to happen.
Holy meltdown. "Stop using sales" is Phil Spencer's pitch to Microsoft when they check his performance for his bonus.