NDrake: An acclaimed Xbox 1st party title, in GOTY convo for the year it released, will come to a compt pltform in 2024. HiFi Rush, Sea of thieves

TerraNova

26 Apr 2023
Some meltdown highlights from the Xbox OT:

image.png

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
I don't think there's one game on Xbox i Would be happy if they port because I want to play it. Halo mp is mediocre to me, Gears is OK but stuck in time and very restricted, I'd rather run around in Uncharted mp. Sea of Thieves eww who cares. HiFi no one even really cared. Idk none of this matters to me except tht it'll speed up them going third party.

I'm in the same boat. None of their titles interest me. Still, it's great news (if true) for people who do want to play those games.

• Shake
Reactions: KiryuRealty

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
if there isn't a bigger indication that era is part of the marketing arm of MS, it's that they're now banning pro-xbox users that are speaking against the current marketing strategy/approved talking points of Xbox. When it was convenient for Xbox to have pro-exclusivity arguments, people who spoke out against it were banned. Now that Xbox has pivoted to bringing their catalogue to 3rd party status, pro-xbox nay-sayers are getting banned.

It couldn't be more transparent. IMO there should be a law that requires companies to legally disclose who they're owned and funded by.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023

These idiots will never get it, they think it's just going to be the small games. It's going to be all game because when MS releases this stuff on PlayStation it will make more money than on Xbox.

Just like we saw with Sony and PC games, all it takes are a few games for people to assume everything is going to be ported (and at that point you might as well port it anyway since the damage is done).

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
The Copium Descent

It's only to maintain good relations with the devs (Ori)
It's only to honour existing contracts (Bethesda)
It's only small titles (As Dusk Falls)
It's only to the Switch (Hi-Fi Rush)
It's only old titles <- You are here
It's only a year later <- Starfield late 2024
It's not like it's Elder Scrolls <- Avowed/Hellblade 2
Ok it's Elder Scrolls
Looks like Ryan skipped to "it's only a year later" ahead of schedule!

New marketing narrative just dropped
View attachment 3549