NDrake: An acclaimed Xbox 1st party title, in GOTY convo for the year it released, will come to a compt pltform in 2024. HiFi Rush, Sea of thieves

Heisenberg007

Veteran
21 Jun 2022

Pathetic lol

Sad Baby GIF
Arrested Development Crying GIF by HULU

• haha
Reactions: Bryank75

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023

Pathetic lol

I love how he starts by saying sales don't matter and they're all declining and ends up with "we may see a world where Playstation puts a lot more games even on Xbox." Tries to completely reverse the issue in discussion.

Thirty7ven

30 Dec 2023
Xbox content creators/media shills make it impossible to have honest discussion about consequences/rewards, positives/negatives, of MS’s strategies. Even though they have been forced to shift strategies constantly, it’s presented as some grand plan from the beginning, and every decision they make or every change Xbox forces or is forced to, is always in the end so positive and the best thing and everything is awesome and things are always worse for PlayStation/Nintendo #ThemToo

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
Again going to repeat myself again and again and again, the same damn arguments can be said about both companies, and sooner or later it will happen. You saying that means shit to me, I said what I said.
It's OK, we know it's all about engagement and that sales have been irrelevant since November 2013.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
You could put Halo Infinite and Starfield on PS5 tomorrow and Xbox sales wouldn’t change much.

Gamepass is the only thing keeping Xbox afloat.
That would be bad, these games will bomb on any platform. As was mentioned before, if they go Halo/gears they need to release the MCC and some gears equivalent, maybe Forza Horizon 5 and the Treasure collection.

I honestly don't see anything else they could offer that makes sense to me. Sea of thieves? But halo:I? No way... Maybe Starfield a little bit more, but I can't see it doing well.

As for gamepass, this is what killed them as a publisher, it doesn't keep them afloat, it sinks them.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
I think this all comes back to Gamepass subs not changing at all with Starfield

They are spending billions on getting third party on GP, the equivalent in cost would be happening with their 30 + 1P development teams and marketing. Their royalty fees are tiny now because of GP. They make a loss on hardware. So whatever is left, if they are making any profit, is tiny

Starfield was meant to disrupt and bring in a wave of growth. Without that happening they are bleeding and negative 70 billion in acquisition costs

The only sensible thing is to be third party and make as much money as possible as a 3P publisher

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
That would be bad, these games will bomb on any platform. As was mentioned before, if they go Halo/gears they need to release the MCC and some gears equivalent, maybe Forza Horizon 5 and the Treasure collection.

I honestly don't see anything else they could offer that makes sense to me. Sea of thieves? But halo:I? No way... Maybe Starfield a little bit more, but I can't see it doing well.

As for gamepass, this is what killed them as a publisher, it doesn't keep them afloat, it sinks them.
Game Pass is keeping Xbox afloat in the same manner an anchor keeps a ship afloat.