NPD December 2022 (PS5 #1 Revenue, Switch #1 Units, Xbox @ $200 Forever #3, Leaked LTD up to Nov 2022: 10.6m PS5 / 8.7m Xbox)

FIREK2029

24 Jun 2022
God of War is casual, wanna know why? Atreaus handhold you with his chittychatty, which means the game is made for casuals.
Lay down the crack pipe my guy. There is nothing casual about God of War.

It's a core game made for hardcore gamers.

You're mistaking popularity and mass appeal for casual. They are two completely different things.

God of War is about about as core gaming as it gets.

twinspectre

8 Jan 2023
cyberspace
Lay down the crack pipe my guy. There is nothing casual about God of War.

It's a core game made for hardcore gamers.

You're mistaking popularity and mass appeal for casual. They are two completely different things.

God of War is about about as core gaming as it gets.
If you're talking about 2005 God of War, then Yes.
Then I guess the ones that want to experience games that are obscure are just a bunch of losers?
How do you call someone that watches movies that aren't meant for the masses?
How do you call someone that want to explore what the market has to offer instead of buying over hyped stuff?

FIREK2029

24 Jun 2022
If you're talking about 2005 God of War, then Yes.
Then I guess the ones that want to experience games that are obscure are just a bunch of losers?
How do you call someone that watches movies that aren't meant for the masses?
How do you call someone that want to explore what the market has to offer instead of buying over hyped stuff?
A game's popularity has nothing to do with it being hardcore or not, that's just nonsense.

There are lots of casual games that are obscure that no one as ever heard about.

The gameplay is what makes God of War hardcore. Not the graphics and certainly not its popularity.

God of War has deep combat mechanics that make it one of the best in its class and automatically a hardcore game. It's just a hardcore game that happens to be popular because of its high production values, narration, and the marketing behind it. Even if God of War was a complete flop selling only 10,000 copies it would still be a hardcore game because of its gameplay.

Playing obscure games doesn't make people hardcore gamers or not. Hardcore gamers play all kinds of games from the popular to the unpopular. What makes hardcore gamers hardcore is that they stick around and have the patience to play games no matter the type of game. My casual friends like the look of God of War but none of them have the patience to sit down and learn how to play it or experiment with its combat system, that's why they are considered casual gamers.

twinspectre

8 Jan 2023
cyberspace
A game's popularity has nothing to do with it being hardcore or not, that's just nonsense.

There are lots of casual games that are obscure that no one as ever heard about.

The gameplay is what makes God of War hardcore. Not the graphics and certainly not its popularity.

God of War has deep combat mechanics that make it one of the best in its class and automatically a hardcore game. It's just a hardcore game that happens to be popular because of its high production values, narration, and the marketing behind it. Even if God of War was a complete flop selling only 10,000 copies it would still be a hardcore game because of its gameplay.

Playing obscure games doesn't make people hardcore gamers or not. Hardcore gamers play all kinds of games from the popular to the unpopular. What makes hardcore gamers hardcore is that they stick around and have the patience to play games no matter the type of game. My casual friends like the look of God of War but none of them have the patience to sit down and learn how to play it or experiment with its combat system, that's why they are considered casual gamers.

My casual friends like the look of God of War but none of them have the patience to sit down and learn how to play it or experiment with its combat system
Yeah, sure. Let them know the game is designed for them.
Dumbed down gameplay is considered hardcore? I heard it all. Atreaus telling what to do is also "hardcore". Time to turn off the internet for me today.
Clearly, such handholding is at the peak of hardcore gaming.

Edit: and then I'm going to tell you and your "casual friends" to go play Tomb Raider 1 PSX, Resident Evil classic trilogy and you will quit.

Last edited:

FIREK2029

24 Jun 2022
Yeah, sure.
Dumbed down gameplay is considered hardcore? I heard it all. Time to turn off the internet for today.
"Dumbed down gameplay" he says.....

Yea, it's time for you to take some time off the internet. You're completely out of touch with reality if you think God of War has dumbed down gameplay.

twinspectre

8 Jan 2023
cyberspace
"Dumbed down gameplay" he says.....

Yea, it's time for you to take some time off the internet. You're completely out of touch with reality if you think God of War has dumbed down gameplay.
What's that slow motion stuff? Oh wait, to make stuff simpler "hardcore" he says.
First of all try to understand what Dumbed down gameplay means, then we can talk.
Most of today games have a dumbed down gameplay isn't an opinion, it is a fact.
It is a fact, that publishers are selling their games with casual in minds.
it is a fact that casual rapresent a majority of the market.
Developers are saying this, and theres a video by gamespot (circa 2011-2012).

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
facepalm-really.gif

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gediminas

FIREK2029

24 Jun 2022
First of all try to understand what Dumbed down gameplay means, then we can talk.
Most of today games have a dumbed down gameplay isn't an opinion, it is a fact.
It is a fact, that publishers are selling their games with casual in minds.
it is a fact that casual rapresent a majority of the market.
Developers are saying this, and theres a video by gamespot (circa 2011-2012).
I've been gaming since 1988 and I don't need anyone to tell me what dumbed down gameplay is.

There is nothing dumbed down about God of War Ragnarök. Having strong narration and AAA production doesn't make a game dumbed down. That's complete bullshit and it's an excuse that elitists come up with to make themselves feel like they are better gamers than others.

My favorite genre is flight sims. I come from an era where you basically needed a flight manual to learn how to play these games. Now they have in-game tutorials and easy modes that let you play them without having to be a pilot as your second job. Does that mean they are dumbed down? Fuck no, they are still as hardcore as ever and even more immersive than ever with VR modes and support for different types of complex rigs and flight controls that would make the 15 year old me playing Jane's F-15 blush.

Same shit can be applied to games like God of War. Difficulty for the God of War games can be super easy or super challenging on Give me God of War difficulty. There is no dumbed down gameplay in God of War. Obscure or low budget games aren't any more hardcore than a modern AAA blockbuster like God of War. You people need to stop this crappy mentality where you view any AAA game with cinematic elements as casual because it's bullshit.

Last edited:
Reactions: riesgoyfortuna

FIREK2029

24 Jun 2022
God of War now become casual lol
Exactly.

Even if someone doesn't like GOW which is a completely reasonable opinion to have I still don't see how they can call it causal. To even suggest it's casual is straight up buffoonery in my book.

Reactions: ethomaz

FIREK2029

24 Jun 2022
Don't fall into the trap. They just don't want to discuss the leak. They are shook.
I can see that now. I'm looking through the thread and noticing it has actual NPD leaked numbers.

Damn, MS got outsold almost 2 to 1 even with the price drop to $200 on the Series S. If it's this bad in the US then it's a complete bloodbath worldwide. VGchartz makes it look every month like Xbox is close to PS5 in sales but they are very off with their numbers. I brought this up on Twitter and the asshole that runs the VGChartz page blocked me lol. I wouldn't be surprised if they are in bed with Aaron Greenberg and get paid to put out fake numbers.

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
I can see that now. I'm looking through the thread and noticing it has actual NPD leaked numbers.

Damn, MS got outsold almost 2 to 1 even with the price drop to $200 on the Series S. If it's this bad in the US then it's a complete bloodbath worldwide. VGchartz makes it look every month like Xbox is close to PS5 in sales but they are very off with their numbers. I brought this up on Twitter and the asshole that runs the VGChartz page blocked me lol. I wouldn't be surprised if they are in bed with Aaron Greenberg and get paid to put out fake numbers.
it's possible. 2:1 in primetime holiday month in the U.S is shocking.

Series S is a very undesirable console and Series X seems to be produced in very small numbers at around 15-20% overall consoles.

Yikes.

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
you have to wonder, just for how long can they keep this up with no big games releasing. If starfield is holiday 2023, then it's basically a whole year of nothing for 2023 as well. 2022 proved something was VERY wrong. That is not normal, to release nothing all year.

This is it. Do or die for the Xbox brand. If the Activision deal is blocked, I see MS pulling the plug.

FIREK2029

24 Jun 2022
you have to wonder, just for how long can they keep this up with no big games releasing. If starfield is holiday 2023, then it's basically a whole year of nothing for 2023 as well. 2022 proved something was VERY wrong. That is not normal, to release nothing all year.

This is it. Do or die for the Xbox brand. If the Activision deal is blocked, I see MS pulling the plug.
Same here. This Activision deal is absolutely critical for the future of Xbox now.

Reactions: Bryank75