OT Drama | Other Gaming Forums (GAF, ResetERA, D-Pad, Twitter, etc..)

• Thread starter Deleted member 13
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Yesterday, I saw Snoop Dog carrying the torch; my first reaction to it was, WHY?

The Olympics is meant to be a celebration of all things sporting, and two have some rapper and full-time pot smoker carrying the torch. I thought, could they not have a famous sportsperson doing it?

There are so many amazing sports stars out there who could be amazing role models to kids out there.

How about Serena Williams or Anthoney Joshua, or the list goes on?

If you get caught doing drugs as an athlete, it's a life ban, but here comes Snoop!
I believe they call it "tone-deaf"

2spooky5me

Veteran
12 May 2024
The Olympics has always been mired in some sort of controversy.
This doesn't surprise me one bit. It is very true, the spirit of such an event was lost decades ago (and no, it's NOT just because of what is happening this year).

The astronomical costs of security and logistics, and planning months to years in advance, is making it painfully obvious only the most elite countries can host... and even then, one country has to get help with security (for example) from volunteer nations.

• Informative
Reactions: Sircaw

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
This is so true, Twitter is so trash now. Easily the worst user experience of any site I've ever had in my life. It's much worse than Facebook, which is saying a lot. Had to finally delete my account. It was 1000x better when it was run by the "woke mob"

image.png

• party
Reactions: Sircaw

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
This is so true, Twitter is so trash now. Easily the worst user experience of any site I've ever had in my life. It's much worse than Facebook, which is saying a lot. Had to finally delete my account. It was 1000x better when it was run by the "woke mob"

image.png
I remember you saying you had switched to something called Truth social now, and that you were loving it?

• haha
Reactions: JAHGamer

2spooky5me

Veteran
12 May 2024
@JAHGamer

Delete all social media. Never look back. I only use YT and Iconera now.
Also, good o'l fashion smartphone + email + regular website browsing is the way.

Let all those social media mega-corps ROT!
ALL of them!

• thisistheway
Reactions: JAHGamer
Status
Not open for further replies.