Phil Spencer: "....getting Nintendo would be a career moment and I honestly believe a good move for both companies."

ultimateFF

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
D

Deleted member 223

The bigger news here is Valve tbh.

Nintendo is a no go.

Valve makes way too much sense, one big family reunion + Gabe is getting old + it's an all-digital captive ecosystem with strong consumer loyalty. Steam fanboys should be sweating.... the golden years of Steam can go kaput in the blink of an eye, embarking on the beginning of a dark age for PC gaming as a participant in the premium games market.

Pray for Gabe!
Pray for Steam!
Pray for PCMR!
Pray for Epic's Game Store (the savior in waiting).

You knew Phil showering Valve with praise over the years "they've done it right", batting for it against ABK's supposed "shortsighted" treatment had to have some strong mojo behind it. The man literally looks at a Valve acquisition like a career moment - talk about having an incentive. I do agree it would be a career moment for either, with Valve being the more likely get.

Pray brothers, pray.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
WWWWOOOOOOOOWWWWWW

HOLY SHIT

I have no words for this.

nintendo and xbotz fanboys, from resetera, installbase and whatever the fk the other forum are, who sworn to team up againts Sony empire, are about to end their alliance and start beheading each other LMFAO 🤣🤣🤣.
Nintendo fans don’t want to be acquired by MS.

Id hate MS to acquire either Nintendo or Sega. Or any Japanese studio

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
WWWWOOOOOOOOWWWWWW

HOLY SHIT

I have no words for this.

nintendo and xbotz fanboys, from resetera, installbase and whatever the fk the other forum are, who sworn to team up againts Sony empire, are about to end their alliance and start beheading each other LMFAO 🤣🤣🤣.
installbase refuses to create a seperate thread on this topic. they still want to think that MS are the good guys and Sony is evil. The resetera thread is a little better but mods are banning people if they insult MS too harshly and none of them are brining up Phil saying he has friends infilitrating their Board of Directors.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
installbase refuses to create a seperate thread on this topic. they still want to think that MS are the good guys and Sony is evil. The resetera thread is a little better but mods are banning people if they insult MS too harshly and none of them are brining up Phil saying he has friends infilitrating their Board of Directors.

Where is this? I can go through the documentation, but is there any chance you can point me to where this is being reported?

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Where is this? I can go through the documentation, but is there any chance you can point me to where this is being reported?
In the first paragraph of the email, he talks about some ValueAct, a group who just bought a 1 BILLION stake in nintendo. The plan is already in motion but the folks over at resetera thinks MS was just saying a pipe dream

Quote from phil in the email
"The unfortunate (or fortunate for Nintendo) situation is that Nintendo is sitting on a big pile of cash, they have a BoD (board of directors) that until recently has not pushed for further increase in market growth or stock appreciation,” he reported to his colleagues Chris Capossela and Takeshi Numoto. “I say ‘until recently’ as our former MS BoD member ValueAct has been heavily acquiring shares of Nintendo (...) and I’ve kept in touch with Mason Morfit [ValueAct’s CEO, editor’s note] as he’s been acquiring. It’s likely he will be pushing for more Nintendo stock which could create opportunities for us.”

Quote from another forum poster.

"So step one would be inserting people (or even themselves) into the Nintendo BOD and then using those people to influence from within. The biggest issue in this situation is the fact that it's come to light via Spencer's email that Mason Morfit is not working alone (in that he's not acting solely on the best interests of ValueAct), Spencer is using him as a Proxy to gain influence over the Nintendo board with the end goal of softening them up to the ideal of a deep partnership/collaboration with Microsoft (or even a buyout).

My feeling is that the wheels are already in motion, especially considering how quick Nintendo were to sign that Activision deal.

Alarm bells should be ringing at Nintendo HQ, the imposters are likely already in place."

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
In the first paragraph of the email, he talks about some ValueAct, a group who just bought a 1 BILLION stake in nintendo. The plan is already in motion but the folks over at resetera thinks MS was just saying a pipe dream

Quote from phil in the email
"The unfortunate (or fortunate for Nintendo) situation is that Nintendo is sitting on a big pile of cash, they have a BoD (board of directors) that until recently has not pushed for further increase in market growth or stock appreciation,” he reported to his colleagues Chris Capossela and Takeshi Numoto. “I say ‘until recently’ as our former MS BoD member ValueAct has been heavily acquiring shares of Nintendo (...) and I’ve kept in touch with Mason Morfit [ValueAct’s CEO, editor’s note] as he’s been acquiring. It’s likely he will be pushing for more Nintendo stock which could create opportunities for us.”

Quote from another forum poster.

"So step one would be inserting people (or even themselves) into the Nintendo BOD and then using those people to influence from within. The biggest issue in this situation is the fact that it's come to light via Spencer's email that Mason Morfit is not working alone (in that he's not acting solely on the best interests of ValueAct), Spencer is using him as a Proxy to gain influence over the Nintendo board with the end goal of softening them up to the ideal of a deep partnership/collaboration with Microsoft (or even a buyout).

My feeling is that the wheels are already in motion, especially considering how quick Nintendo were to sign that Activision deal.

Alarm bells should be ringing at Nintendo HQ, the imposters are likely already in place."

Jesus Christ, that shit is dystopian and borderline corporate espionage/sabotage.

Yobo

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Jesus Christ, that shit is dystopian and borderline corporate espionage/sabotage.
Regulators

kind GIF

ultimateFF

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
And also, some people in famiboards including one of the mod, openly supporting this hostile takeover over their favorite company LMFAO 🤣 (fk you all fuckin traitors lol) . Hell, even one of it's founder, bonejack, started acting like xbotz enforcer and demanded Lina Khan head over this leaks wow.

Reactions: Cool hand luke

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Sadly we really do live in a real life dystopia, just without the cool sci fi tech we were promised. As mentioned by another user here, Microsoft successfully used this trojan horse strategy when they bought Nokia for 7 billion. Another foreign company of historical importance. Sounds similar right? But also nintendo bots deserve it, they were laughing and cheering on the Acti acquisition, give it a few more years and MS will have infiltrated Nintendo enough to destroy their company.

• sad
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Nintendo can only be bought willingly. None of this MS BS will work. The Japanese government has very strict laws in place against hostile takeovers. This will never work.

Nintendo has to sell willingly.

ultimateFF

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
I mean like, man this is your favorite company. Why y'all being okay with this shit, and even openly showing support to this disgusting actions. Fucking traitors in famiboards and installbase forum lol.

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
Sadly we really do live in a real life dystopia, just without the cool sci fi tech we were promised. As mentioned by another user here, Microsoft successfully used this trojan horse strategy when they bought Nokia for 7 billion. Another foreign company of historical importance. Sounds similar right?
Sounds like its the same exact shit. Unfortunately, there's no stopping the late-stage capitalism train, and the era of neo/cyber feudalism is taking over.

One day we won't be able to wipe our own ass without using some big corpo toilet paper, and will have to behave like little lemmings so that we're not blacklisted by the only 2 or 3 employers.

Yobo

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Nintendo can only be bought willingly. None of this MS BS will work. The Japanese government has very strict laws in place against hostile takeovers. This will never work.

Nintendo has to sell willingly.
They are infiltrating through a third party. They will aim to replace the board of directors and influence decision makers

They've probably already done it to companies like Sega