PlayStation Plus: opinions, game suggestions, whishes for the future and news!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Yurinka

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I don’t know what the general take is here yet (will be reading), but I quite like the new PS+. I’m not really so much interested in GamePass alternatives as just wanting to play old PS games in the easiest manner possible. It’d almost be nice if Sony had a cheapo tier just for that, because it’s a bit pricey even as a yearly batch sum, if that’s all you want.

I think if you’re all in though, you want the streaming, you want the selection of PS4 and PS5 games, the retro, it’s compelling.

We do need bigger PS1 hits, though. There’s some solid stuff in the first batch, but not heavy hitters that made the system, like Ridge Racer, Wipeout, or Silent Hill.
Definitely and I am kinda surprised that the MGS games are not in there..... there were collections, there were remasters and GOTY editions!

We should easily be able to play through all of the series in such a service IMO

There's Wipeout Omega Collection there, but It's true that it felt weird to don't see there some Wipeout of the PS1 or PSP ones. We know Ridge Racers 2 or Syphon Filter sequels are coming due to ratings or store stuff, so maybe they have a batch of cool games scheduled to be added the next months in order to secure to have new cool stuff monthly for a while to keep it fresh.

Regarding MGS games, as far as I remember they were in PS Now until recently. Maybe they'll add it there later too.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
one thing i wonder about…what if multiple sony studios end up making similar games? I don’t mean just in genre but what about in theme/concept? Days Gone and Last of Us came pretty close…

What if Druckmann and Corys new game end up both being space action games that have pirates that invade the station and take people hostage and you have to defend it or something. Does one person now have to cancel their game?

Or does sony make sure there is no overlap when they approve games?

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
one thing i wonder about…what if multiple sony studios end up making similar games? I don’t mean just in genre but what about in theme/concept? Days Gone and Last of Us came pretty close…

What if Druckmann and Corys new game end up both being space action games that have pirates that invade the station and take people hostage and you have to defend it or something. Does one person now have to cancel their game?

The smart thing to do would be move one to a later date or the following year and replace it with something else that's close to finished.

• Informative
Reactions: AniWeeb
OP
OP
Yurinka

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022

Days Gone and TLOU2 were very different games. They have in common that both were 3rd person action adventures (super wide descriptiion where thousands of games fit) where you can shoot and the enemies are a sort of postapocalyptical setting with some sort of zombie monters. Other than that their genre and focus and a ton of thing were very diferent.

And well, the other Sony games are even way more different. I'm pretty sure Druckmann and Cory new IPs will be pretty different from each other. I'd like to see a futuristic fantasy linear game from ND somewhat similar to Blade Runner, Star Wars, Dune (new movie), Cowboy Bebop, Moebius, etc., more focused in narrative, cinematic cutscenes and spectacular action setpieces and with very little focus on combat. With a more dark and mature tone.

From Cory I'd like to see a light hearted and colorful kid friendly epic action adventure on a fantasy alien world with ancient civilizations, something like Sony's AAA Zelda. More focused on narrative, exploration and puzzles, with no stealth and very small focus on combat and making sure it feels very different than Horizon.

Big companies like Sony (in this case SIE/PS Studios) have an editorial team who has a roadmap of upcoming releases and select carefully the projects they greenlight and their release date calendar where I assume they also consider the main key 3rd party games from top publishers. They try to don't overlap but these things are planned many years before their release and there are delays and unexpected releases from other companies causing overlaps in some rare cases.

Last edited:
  • brain

ParaSeoul

24 Jun 2022
I'll be honest I never got PS Plus that often anyway. Never really play online. But if they keep adding in more PS1/PS2/PSP games with the odd PS5 game,I'd get it.
I'm in a deluxe territory so I'd probably just get that.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Days Gone and TLOU2 were very different games. They have in common that both were 3rd person action adventures (super wide descriptiion where thousands of games fit) where you can shoot and the enemies are a sort of postapocalyptical setting with some sort of zombie monters. Other than that their genre and focus and a ton of thing were very diferent.

And well, the other Sony games are even way more different. I'm pretty sure Druckmann and Cory new IPs will be pretty different from each other. I'd like to see a futuristic fantasy linear game from ND somewhat similar to Blade Runner, Star Wars, Dune (new movie), Cowboy Bebop, Moebius, etc., more focused in narrative, cinematic cutscenes and spectacular action setpieces and with very little focus on combat. With a more dark and mature tone.

The settings are kind of similar also, PNW for Days Gone and TLOUII. I’d say the biggest difference is one is open world and one is linear. They have more similarities thematically than not though.

And I never thought of it but I would love to see Cory do something along the lines of the Goonies or Attack The Block. He seems to pull a lot from his life, so i could see do something revolving around kids and adventure now that now that his kid is around that age.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
From Cory I'd like to see a light hearted and colorful kid friendly epic action adventure on a fantasy alien world with ancient civilizations, something like Sony's AAA Zelda. More focused on narrative, exploration and puzzles, with no stealth and very small focus on combat and making sure it feels very different than Horizon.
You think Cory would like to try something like that? Did he work on something else I'm not aware of 🤔

God of War was never kid-friendly at all. The old ones were even more controversial with nudity and sex too 😅

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
You think Cory would like to try something like that? Did he work on something else I'm not aware of 🤔

God of War was never kid-friendly at all. The old ones were even more controversial with nudity and sex too 😅

To be fair they haven’t been able to make anything other than god of war for 20 years.

The fact that Cory brought that IP to such a different place (one that emphasized familial bonds) i could see him moving away from the more edgy stuff entirely.

• brain

arvfab

Slayer of Colossi
23 Jun 2022
ask Sony :D i don't know how they rates it :D

It seems like there is a 150€ cap as maximum payable amount. Which I think it's also the cap for how much you can have on your account via PSN cards.

Probably something they will fix, so whoever wants to stack premium for multiple years should do it quickly.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Premium tier will always be kneecapped by square enix, capcom, and Konami not being all in on it. Sony have some good legacy titles but not as memorable as the 3 publishers mentioned. It’s the 3rd party that made the ps1 and ps2 monsters and those publishers aren’t giving sony their games for free.

Square Enix specifically, they are still porting and remaking all their legacy content. SIE have to purchase them to get their back catalog

• sad

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Overall happy with my Premium purchase.

Just want more classic games from PS1 and PS2 era. Hopefully more PSP and even Vita titles follow.

My only disappointment is the PS3 streamed games. It just doesn't feel right playing them. The image quality is poor and even the sound quality too. Didn't have any lag issues which they must be but haven't noticed.

OP
OP
Yurinka

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022

I assume that after making only GoW during so many decades many of the SSM staff will want to do sometihng very different. Some of the like Cory now have kids, and other than Ratchet, Sony doesn't have an active AAA big kid friendly/kid focused IP so I think it would be a good opportunity to make something cartoonish, colorful, lighthearted with magic and fantasy and without all that violence and gore.

But hey, I'm perfectly ok with violence, gore and sex. I think it was a mistake to remove nudity and sex from GoW to appeal the woke folks who seem to hate female beauty and hetero people.

Premium tier will always be kneecapped by square enix, capcom, and Konami not being all in on it. Sony have some good legacy titles but not as memorable as the 3 publishers mentioned. It’s the 3rd party that made the ps1 and ps2 monsters and those publishers aren’t giving sony their games for free.

Square Enix specifically, they are still porting and remaking all their legacy content. SIE have to purchase them to get their back catalog
There are many iconic missing games from them there, but it the new PS+ has many FF games, RE games, Capcom fighting games and some Konami stuff like Castlevania games to name a few of them. I think they did a good job starting with 700-800+ games and that there are big games missing but many of them will be added over time in the next months or years. But yes, I think that if acquire some of these companies they'll put most of thier catalog games there.

Last edited:
  • fire
OP
OP
Yurinka

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I just downloaded it.... how long do you think would take to beat?
Any difficulty trophies?
Around 6-8 hours aprox. I got stuck in what I think is the last stage. No idea about the trophies, I didn't look at them

• brain
Reactions: Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Around 6-8 hours aprox. I got stuck in what I think is the last stage. No idea about the trophies, I didn't look at them

Not bad, should easily get through it before the cutoff date. Thanks mate!

Status
Not open for further replies.