Playstation Studios [OT]: News, hype and rumors about PS Studios and Bungie

P

peter42O

In the long run, maybe it could save them money, they wouldn't have to spend so much on moneyhats, SE is a profitable company (I assume or they could turn it around if they aren't), too many factors, but like I said no impact for this gen.

It's like how MS bought Bethesda and it had zero actual effect so far other than generating hype, no exclusive game came out for Xbox because of it, Starfield will be the first and who knows when another big game will come out of it. Even on terms of sales and market share there was minimal impact despite them pretty much doubling in size as far as the number of internal developers.
I think the moneyhats are far cheaper. Employee cost alone would cost Sony a fortune. SE is profitable but the vast majority of those profits are from FFXIV. If you subtract that game, they're not as profitable. Either way, I just don't see any benefit to Sony to acquire SE when they can pay far less and get exactly what they want with no long term commitment or expense whatsoever. I believe that Bethesda will pay dividends in the second half of the generation for Microsoft but the first few years, not so much if at all.

nominedomine

Banned
8 Jul 2022
I think the moneyhats are far cheaper. Employee cost alone would cost Sony a fortune. SE is profitable but the vast majority of those profits are from FFXIV. If you subtract that game, they're not as profitable. Either way, I just don't see any benefit to Sony to acquire SE when they can pay far less and get exactly what they want with no long term commitment or expense whatsoever. I believe that Bethesda will pay dividends in the second half of the generation for Microsoft but the first few years, not so much if at all.
You are probably right, but I would assume an acquisition would come with some sort of big plan to get SE in better shape, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and admit I just don't know what would be more profitable to them in the long term.

Like with the Bethesda example, maybe in the long term it was worth it for MS to not have to buy as many third-party exclusives or to put so much effort in creating their own studio, even if the acquisition itself doesn't that big of an impact at first.

Please give us a break from Uncharted and TLOU naughty gods

Salma Hayek Please GIF
Uncharted.

Taking place centuries ago.

Sir Francis Drake is the antagonist.

Epilogue where a familiar grey haired man wearing a mustache shows up.

It's Nathan, our father (turns out we were playing as Cassie all along).

He needs our help tracking the women that alongside Nadine killed Sully.

Her name?

Abby.

Made by Ready at Dawn.

Written by Alanah Pearce.

Last edited:

Savant

11 Jul 2022
Bro! It's you.... finally! haha

Yeah, great move. I think the talent move is massive and they can have their own mini Ubisoft basically.

I'm hoping for a range of Jade posters to be sold in every gamestop. (Also Jim Ryan posters so this isnt sexist)

I just hope they are focused on making something I will like.

What do you think of it all?
Always hoping for the best, while expecting nothing, so that I'm never disappointed !

I think it will pay off!

Jade Raymond is brilliantly under rated. She was single handedly responsible for Assassins Creed parkour system, and not only is she responsible for all of Ubisoft's popular IPs, many of those Ubisoft developers who worked on those IPs are now with Sony working for Haven.

I dont think people realize just how big a deal this move actually is for Sony

It's way bigger then Bethesda or Activision IMO (all those IPs are old, irrelevant, or dying)

But knowing you, I can almost bet you won't like their GAAS game lmao. I dont like GAAS either

BUT their future games WILL 100% be those big AAA games which define the industry. That's what they are building toward. I fully expect Jade and her team to create the next Assassins Creed IP for Sony etc

I'm also convinced Jade is going to create Sony's version of Animal Crossing but actually AAA and with that patented Playstation exclusive lable of quality and polish

A Sony and Jade Animal Crossing will have better art, better graphics, and be revolutionary with the way a far superior online experience is integrated.

So let me just say this Bryan!

If their GAAS game is a superior more modernized Animal Crossing would you be happy

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Always hoping for the best, while expecting nothing, so that I'm never disappointed !

I think it will pay off!

Jade Raymond is brilliantly under rated. She was single handedly responsible for Assassins Creed parkour system, and not only is she responsible for all of Ubisoft's popular IPs, many of those Ubisoft developers who worked on those IPs are now with Sony working for Haven.

I dont think people realize just how big a deal this move actually is for Sony

It's way bigger then Bethesda or Activision IMO (all those IPs are old, irrelevant, or dying)

But knowing you, I can almost bet you won't like their GAAS game lmao. I dont like GAAS either

BUT their future games WILL 100% be those big AAA games which define the industry. That's what they are building toward. I fully expect Jade and her team to create the next Assassins Creed IP for Sony etc

I'm also convinced Jade is going to create Sony's version of Animal Crossing but actually AAA and with that patented Playstation exclusive lable of quality and polish

A Sony and Jade Animal Crossing will have better art, better graphics, and be revolutionary with the way a far superior online experience is integrated.

So let me just say this Bryan!

If their GAAS game is a superior more modernized Animal Crossing would you be happy

Yeah, I mean... I will always try it and if I like it I will fully support it.

Excited to see some video of what they're doing eventually.

Reactions: Savant

Savant

11 Jul 2022
No. I don't see Sony acquiring any publisher unless they're really small and really cheap.
What a weird and odd thing to say. Can you explain your "reasoning" behind this? Explain why Sony can't buy an expensive publisher?

Are you even aware of what Sony's CFO said during their latest earnings report and what Jim Ryan keeps saying?

You have to learn to seperate what you want, vs what's actual reality

When it comes to Square Enix, Sony doesn't need to acquire them. They have FF7R fully exclusive to PS5, FFXVI most likely will be despite them saying it's a timed console exclusive and PS5 will still get all the lesser games from SE.

And Sony had all the marketing deals with Call of Duty too. And than Microsoft went and bought Activision out

It's odd how much you are trying to ignore the reality of the situation. Maybe it's because you are trying your hardest to not paint microsoft in any kind of negative light

But the reality which you fail to acknowledge or comphrehend is that the gaming industry has changed for the worst because of microsoft

It's a new landscape which must be accepted

Nothing is safe anymore in this current landscape of microsofts psychopathetic erractic volatile aggression of conquest

So Sony NEEDS to start buying defensively to prevent a microsoft monopoly....and if you're a true gamer YOU don't want a microsoft monopoly, and you are cheering for Sony to be able to stop it

IF Sony wants to keep those marketing deals, than they need to buy Sqaure Enix, so that no one else does and than takes those marketing deals away from Sony

And believe me, Sony dont care about a bunch of xbox console warriors who say that only microsoft can buy publishers, Sony is well aware of how the current landscape has changed, and IS ABSOLUTELY planning to adopt and buy defensively to survive

Like I said earlier, learn to seperate your bias and what "you want" from what is actual reality

Because here's the reality

Sony CFO: "we have no limit. We have increased our budget. We will spend as much as it takes to compete"

Jim Ryan: "We are absolutely going to make much larger aquistions"

Sony has even created a new department to aquire publishers where they have labled the new team "inorganic aquisitions," SEPERATE from "organic aquistions," which are the aquistions of smaller developers

Another important factor here

1. Sony is a Japanese company which shares stock/investors with Sqaure Enix and Capcom. Which makes acquiring them all the more easier

2. FTC has no regulation or authority over Sony acquiring in Japan. Sony could buy all the Japanese publishers they wanted. It would be regulated by the Japanese government

So yeah, microsoft really fucked around and found out. They opened this can of worms and now they are going to realize that Sony being the Japanese company affords them huge advantages in gaming.

Last edited:
  • fire
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Savant

11 Jul 2022
Yeah, I mean... I will always try it and if I like it I will fully support it.

Excited to see some video of what they're doing eventually.
We won't be seeing that for a while lol. But for them to already be sharing as much information as they have, it shows you things are coming along fast!!!

This is a huge nuclear 4d chess move by Sony! I don't think people still even really comphrehend it!

• fire
Reactions: Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
We won't be seeing that for a while lol. But for them to already be sharing as much information as they have, it shows you things are coming along fast!!!

This is a huge nuclear 4d chess move by Sony! I don't think people still even really comphrehend it!

Someone on Jaffe's show said something like intergalactic pokemon and I kinda got excited.

If something could do for monster collecting what Mario Galaxy did for platforming, would be very very interested.

Reactions: Savant
2 Jul 2022
NY
www.twitch.tv
I don’t think there’s been anything to indicate a hero shooter aside from old speculation a few years back now and I honestly sure as hell hope it’s not. I’m not expecting it to be. I’d still lean towards player created avatars.

I have always been leaning towards Matter being a more kid friendly of a game than what you would expect. More Nintendo-like than before.

Altho latest rumblings have people thinking it won’t be that dissimilar to Genshin Impact as a fantasy adventure game.

Im expecting Matter to go after the Fortnite and Overwatch crowds. Assuming it is indeed a shooter.

• brain
P

peter42O

You are probably right, but I would assume an acquisition would come with some sort of big plan to get SE in better shape, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and admit I just don't know what would be more profitable to them in the long term.

Like with the Bethesda example, maybe in the long term it was worth it for MS to not have to buy as many third-party exclusives or to put so much effort in creating their own studio, even if the acquisition itself doesn't that big of an impact at first.
With SE wanting to do NFT's and all this other crap, I just don't see it being beneficial to Sony whatsoever. Only way I can see Sony acquiring SE is to somehow block Microsoft from acquiring them but even then, they don't have the cash on hand to do so. Of course, SE is extremely close and friendly with Sony and I don't believe that they would sell to an American company unless they had literally no other choice or option.

P

peter42O

What a weird and odd thing to say. Can you explain your "reasoning" behind this? Explain why Sony can't buy an expensive publisher?

Are you even aware of what Sony's CFO said during their latest earnings report and what Jim Ryan keeps saying?

You have to learn to seperate what you want, vs what's actual reality
As of earlier this year, Sony has less than $10B to spend on acquisitions. This is from a company as a whole standpoint. Not just for the PlayStation division. And this applies through 2023. Sony will make more acquisitions but anyone thinking that they're going to spend almost all of what they have for a company on one publisher is going to be disappointed. Sony doesn't work that way. Most importantly, publishers would have a lot of fat to be trimmed and with employees, would end up being more trouble and costly than what it's worth for Sony.

Only way for Sony to make acquisitions on the scale of Microsoft is if Sony was to be acquired by Apple or Amazon or a merging which would bring in massive amounts of billions that Sony simply doesn't have.
And Sony had all the marketing deals with Call of Duty too. And than Microsoft went and bought Activision out

It's odd how much you are trying to ignore the reality of the situation. Maybe it's because you are trying your hardest to not paint microsoft in any kind of negative light

But the reality which you fail to acknowledge or comphrehend is that the gaming industry has changed for the worst because of microsoft

It's a new landscape which must be accepted

Nothing is safe anymore in this current landscape of microsofts psychopathetic erractic volatile aggression of conquest

So Sony NEEDS to start buying defensively to prevent a microsoft monopoly....and if you're a true gamer YOU don't want a microsoft monopoly, and you are cheering for Sony to be able to stop it

IF Sony wants to keep those marketing deals, than they need to buy Sqaure Enix, so that no one else does and than takes those marketing deals away from Sony

And believe me, Sony dont care about a bunch of xbox console warriors who say that only microsoft can buy publishers, Sony is well aware of how the current landscape has changed, and IS ABSOLUTELY planning to adopt and buy defensively to survive

Like I said earlier, learn to seperate your bias and what "you want" from what is actual reality

Because here's the reality

Sony CFO: "we have no limit. We have increased our budget. We will spend as much as it takes to compete"

Jim Ryan: "We are absolutely going to make much larger aquistions"

Sony has even created a new department to aquire publishers where they have labled the new team "inorganic aquisitions," SEPERATE from "organic aquistions," which are the aquistions of smaller developers

Another important factor here

1. Sony is a Japanese company which shares stock/investors with Sqaure Enix and Capcom. Which makes acquiring them all the more easier

2. FTC has no regulation or authority over Sony acquiring in Japan. Sony could buy all the Japanese publishers they wanted. It would be regulated by the Japanese government

So yeah, microsoft really fucked around and found out. They opened this can of worms and now they are going to realize that Sony being the Japanese company affords them huge advantages in gaming.
Microsoft acquired Activision Blizzard King because they were in a screwed up place and ripe for the picking. If all the sexual issues never happened or at least were never made public, Microsoft would not have acquired ABK. Microsoft acquired them first and foremost for King. Not COD. Not Activision or Blizzard. These are just bonuses for Microsoft.

Not trying to paint Microsoft in a negative way? That's hilarious. I have bashed them the last two months for delaying Starfield and Redfall. Their Xbox showcase was a 6.0/10 at best but I do realize that im in the minority on that. Their DRM issues are pure shit, plain and simple. The dashboard needs to be streamlined. Several studios are a disaster and more times than not, they're always posting pics about picnics or gatherings or whatever and it's like, shouldn't the studio be working on their respective games?

I have my negatives in regards to Microsoft's direction for Xbox but at the same time, last generation, Xbox fans AND PlayStation fans were begging Microsoft to do better, be better, have more studios and more games. In all honesty, they listened and like a hibernating bear, woke up hungry and pissed off.

Even if Microsoft acquires more publishers, it's not a monopoly. Monopoly would be if Microsoft acquired Sony or Nintendo. There's literally thousands of publishers and development studios out there. Buying a few of them isn't going to change much if anything. New publishers will emerge and AA publishers will elevate to AAA. I personally have no problem with Microsoft or Sony acquiring publishers or development studios. If anything, it's what I want them to do because there's just too many and I do want consolidation. Plus, it will allow AA publishers to elevate and emerge into AAA publishers which im all for.

Sony will keep marketing deals because Microsoft isn't really going after them anymore. At least, not on an AAA level. All the major games this year all have Sony marketing. A company like SE will always go with Sony simply because they can get a huge amount of money upfront, money from sales which vast majority will be on PlayStation anyway and if years later, want to port them to Xbox and Microsoft wants to pay for ports and Game Pass deals, SE will make even more money.

Microsoft's entire focus is on Game Pass and any game they can't get into it day one, they simply pass on in terms of marketing deals and even timed exclusivity. They also prefer quantity over quality and go after mostly Indies and AA games where as Sony goes mostly after AAA games.

I don't have any issues with Sony acquiring publishers/development studios. I just don't see them spending all of their cash on hand one a single acquisition and for what? To retain what they already get from SE? Plus, they would have to figure what to do with the aspects of SE they don't want and what to do in regards to all of their employees. An acquisition the size of SE or similar is more detrimental to Sony than it is beneficial. Also, if Microsoft really wanted SE or any Japanese publisher, no one is outbidding them unless they simply choose to be outbid. Sony can't afford to get into a bidding war with Microsoft because it is a war they won't win.

None of it biased at all by the way. I just don't believe that Sony will acquire an AAA publisher because doing so would limit what they can do afterwards. Sony's CFO and Jim Ryan saying this or that doesn't mean anything until they prove it. Sony wouldn't want to take on all the expenses of a major publisher acquisition post close.

I'll leave the legal stuff to Hoeg Law and others who actually know how it all works.

On a side note, Microsoft can also acquire a Japanese company if they so choose. Granted, the process would be far more hassle and expensive but it is possible. Of course, they would have to want to acquire a Japanese publisher.

You mention Sony needs to be defensive. I disagree with this completely. You don't buy a company just to avoid someone else buying them. You buy them because you feel that they're worth buying, fit in with your company and have assets that will easily make up the cost of acquisition. You would also want to buy a company in which you retain all the employees because letting them go or shutting down studios wouldn't exactly be the best decision.

Bottom line is that you believe that Sony will acquire a major publisher where as I don't simply because they don't need to do so. Especially Square Enix. If Sony was to really target a Japanese AAA publisher, they should target Capcom who has much more to offer Sony in terms of games, IP's, genres, etc. where as with SE, if you subtract Final Fantasy, they're not worth all that much at all.

Like I said earlier though, I have no issues with either company acquiring publishers or development studios. If anything, it's better for me personally. However, I would like them to acquire companies that I actually have interest in where as right now, both Sony and Microsoft are batting 50/50.

Savant

11 Jul 2022
As of earlier this year, Sony has less than $10B to spend on acquisitions. This is from a company as a whole standpoint. Not just for the PlayStation division. And this applies through 2023. Sony will make more acquisitions but anyone thinking that they're going to spend almost all of what they have for a company on one publisher is going to be disappointed. Sony doesn't work that way. Most importantly, publishers would have a lot of fat to be trimmed and with employees, would end up being more trouble and costly than what it's worth for Sony.

Only way for Sony to make acquisitions on the scale of Microsoft is if Sony was to be acquired by Apple or Amazon or a merging which would bring in massive amounts of billions that Sony simply doesn't have
You have no idea what youre talking about. Don't speak on things you know nothing about xbot

This ain't a matter of opinion, youre speaking straight lies and falsehoods.

4trillion yen ammounts to 30.7billion US dollars

The FACTS must always be represented accurately. This ain't neogaf where you're going to be protected and allowed to shill for your plastic xbox all day long.

Sony HAD set aside 18billion for aquistions (that's what you're referencing)

But as per their latest earnings report (proof in the tweets I just showed you) Sony UPPED that to 30billion

And you bet your bottom dollar that a majority of that is going to Playstation since PlayStation is very important to Sony (far more important to Sony than xbone is to microsoft).

Now that's in addition to the trust Sony still has (which had a seperate 30billion)

Here's Sony CFO himself:

"In terms of the scale of investment we do not have a criteria, in terms of acquisitions against our competitors we can’t say anything, we do not want to speculate."

That's as definitive as it gets

So expect Sony to buy a large publisher and start preparing for it. They have no limit. They are willing to spend, and theyve upped their budget significantly.

You clearly missed their latest earning report so go watch it before continuing to speak foolheartedly and ignorantly on subjects you don't know about. Like I said earlier, your bias and wants... or completely different to what the actual reality is

Again, just to really hammer it home (from their latest earnings report)

Sony is even upping investment into their already established studios too

In this new landscape microsoft created and forced, Sony has upped their investments and budgets across the board. Clearly Sony is more then ready to compete and willing!

You have to be truly delusional to believe "Sony is poor."

Sony aint as big as uncle sam's microsoft,, but Sony can absolutely SPEND LIKE micorsoft

You are an xbot still holding on to that outdated FUD from 2005

Sony is a massive entertainment conglomerat, 1 of the largest in the world

As I have definently proven Sony has upped budgets across the board significantly. Again, all you need to do is watch their latest earnings report and educate yourself

Heck, Sony could've bought BOTH Square Enix & Capcom on their previous 18bill budget (they only ever spent 4billion of that)

You think Sqaure Enix would cost 20billi or something lmao

So never mind Sony's current 30billion budget. Sony could buy all of Take2 if they wanted to

Like ive been telling you, be prepared. Because Sony is planning to make HUGE splashwaves in gaming. All facts and indications point to this. Again, it's all from their latest earnings report. And like I said previously and will reiterate again, "your bias and wants you want" is completely different to the actual reality

xbox fans have a tendency to go with feelings over facts and push alternate realities. I will respond to the rest of your novel later

Last edited:
  • fire
P

peter42O

Acquisitions and investments are two very different things. Having $30B for everything is not the same thing as just having $10B for acquisitions. For example, investing $1B into Epic Games is from this source of money but has nothing to do with an acquisition. I never said Sony is poor. I wish I had their money. What I did say is that you expect them to spend money on massive acquisitions and I simply don't. But we can agree to disagree.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
I dont see sony spending more than what they’ve spent on Bungie, ever.

But who knows, i doubt anyone saw microsoft spending 70 billion dollars on Activision either. It depends on what Sony are doing in the future.

Microsoft bought activision for content and IP. So far Sony has been primarily investing in talent. Sony could flip a switch and decide they need to double their content in a short amount of time for a similar push.

Reactions: Savant and peter42O

Savant

11 Jul 2022
Acquisitions and investments are two very different things. Having $30B for everything is not the same thing as just having $10B for acquisitions. For example, investing $1B into Epic Games is from this source of money but has nothing to do with an acquisition. I never said Sony is poor. I wish I had their money. What I did say is that you expect them to spend money on massive acquisitions and I simply don't. But we can agree to disagree.
You're a legitimate microsoft shill! And I knew it right away when I saw that name, and recognized it from neogaf or resetera!

Such blatant spinning and dishonesty

Their previous budget for aquistions was 18billion - THATS THE BUDGET WHICH WAS UPPED TO 30BILLION

The money they plan to invest into Playstation studios is from profit. I.e REINVEST. Sony said during their latest earnings report that they will be pumping that same money(profits) back into Playstation studios.

You trying your hardest to make 2 different things into 1 thing, is shameful. Even if there will be some overlap its not what you're trying to make it out to be

And in case you didn't know, seperate of Sony Playstation's new 30billion budget, they had another 30billion in trust. They probably took out 10-15billion from that trust to increase their aquistions budget, and still have 15billion in trust, on top of cash on hand, on top of low debt (bank loans) on top of stock

So yeah, all things considered, Sony has MANY MANY MANY BILLIONS of dollars to spend, and counting.

Just go look at the graphs from Sony's latest earnings report. You clearly didn't read my response or the tweets, as you continue to ignore reality and evidence

It doesn't matter what you think or believe at the end of the day, the FACTS are the facts (increased budgets and increased imvestments)

Sony is going to buy MULTIPLE big publishers and I will bet you money on it

Last edited:
Reactions: peter42O

Savant

11 Jul 2022
It really doesn't matter what people think. What happens will happen, and some will have to accept it. All the signs are there. You can't feign ignorance as an excuse because all the facts are out there for everyone to see. I highly recommend people go listen to Sony's latest earnings report. Sony has already layed out their plans (refer to the tweets I showed)

- Sony has upped their aquistion budget SIGNIFICANTLY. Why else would they do that if they weren't planning to spend big

- Sony's CFO said there's no limit and that they will spend what ever it takes if they have to

-Jim Ryan keeps saying to expect larger aquistions

Let's not burry our heads in the sand now. Did you really think Sony was going to sit idle and let microsoft attempt to consolidate the industry, and especially when Playstation is far more important to Sony than xbox is to microsoft. Of course not!!!!

Bryan has done pretty good breakdowns in the past of how Sony has a lot more money and ability to buy big, than console warriors like to keep pretending!

Reactions: peter42O

Savant

11 Jul 2022
Microsoft acquired Activision Blizzard King because they were in a screwed up place and ripe for the picking. If all the sexual issues never happened or at least were never made public, Microsoft would not have acquired ABK. Microsoft acquired them first and foremost for King. Not COD. Not Activision or Blizzard. These are just bonuses for Microsoft
It doesnt matter WHY or HOW

The fact is, microsoft bought out Activision/Blizzard, which was such a gross anticompetitive move, that US senators are speaking out against it, and its now being heavily investigated and scrutinized

It shows the scummy serpent actions of microsoft. That they swoop in like vultures at the signs of any carcass, at the most oppurtune time, to try and hurt competitors

Regardless of the HOW or why though, the point is that, Sony can not afford to rely on marketing deals any longer

As the Activision buy out proved that nothing is certain, no one can be trusted, and anything can change at a whim

And Sony knows it too which is why they bought Sqaure Enix

I'm gonna love the announcement. People so sure of themselves, "bu Sony can't afford it. Bu Sony doesn't spend big" etc

Last edited:
  • fire
P

peter42O

@Savant

It's almost like you're trying to convince yourself instead of me. But again, we just have to wait and see.

Savant

11 Jul 2022
Not trying to paint Microsoft in a negative way? That's hilarious. I have bashed them the last two months for delaying Starfield and Redfall. Their Xbox showcase was a 6.0/10 at best but I do realize that im in the minority on that. Their DRM issues are pure shit, plain and simple. The dashboard needs to be streamlined. Several studios are a disaster and more times than not, they're always posting pics about picnics or gatherings or whatever and it's like, shouldn't the studio be working on their respective games?

I have my negatives in regards to Microsoft's direction for Xbox but at the same time, last generation
So did you call out xbox in the 360 era for a tiny lacklsuster exclusive library?

Have you been calling out xbox for the "Halo/Forza/Gears" spam year after year?

Do you call Phil out on his constant bullshiit?

Even now i see you avoiding 2022. Are you going to call out xbox for launching with no games and having zero exclusives in all of 2022

Are you going to call out gamepass for being a rental scam?

So your criticisms of xbox only go back 2 months it seems. So you believe microsoft had been errorless and without mistake all the way up until 2 months ago

Xbox fans AND PlayStation fans were begging Microsoft to do better, be better, have more studios and more games. In all honesty, they listened and like a hibernating bear, woke up hungry and pissed off.
No, xbox fans did

Playstation fans don't care about xbox, like how xbox fans care about PlayStation

And others will be able to vouch for it, how only xbox fans would use the "but competition" line, to try and justify why xbox should sell equally to Playstation, which was always bullshit and FUD

xbox fans constantly misuse the term competition - and what competition actually means, for their agenda

But the whole "but competition" thing is a whole other topic. I will just say this. The best generations (PS1, PS2, PS4) had zero competition. So yeah Playstation fans really don't care about "xbox doing good" lol. That's xbox FUD non sense. How does xbox "doing great" benefit Playstation? xbox has only ever brought terrible practices into gaming like paid online, DLC, renting, publisher buy outs. If xbox doing great means xbox buying more publishers, than that's a terrible thing for not just Playstation gamers but all gamers, so yeah, gamers have a vested interest in cheering for micorsoft to NOT do great.

Even if Microsoft acquires more publishers, it's not a monopoly. Monopoly would be if Microsoft acquired Sony or Nintendo. There's literally thousands of publishers and development studios out there. Buying a few of them isn't going to change much if anything. New publishers will emerge and AA publishers will elevate to AAA. I personally have no problem with Microsoft or Sony acquiring publishers or development studios. If anything, it's what I want them to do because there's just too many and I do want consolidation. Plus, it will allow AA publishers to elevate and emerge into AAA publishers which im all for.

At least you are consistent. Because if you cheer on microsoft buying publishers than you absolutely have to be ok with Playstation buying publishers

But the difference is Playstation will have been forced to buy in response to - and defensively. So Playstation/Playstation fans will always have the moral high ground when it comes to aquistions. Similarly to how the courts always deem the aggressor at fault and never the one who responds in self defense

Also, let's be clear. A monopoly is about using unfair means to harm competitors/gain unfair advantages

It's not about sales or market position

Look up the terms anti-competive and maligned buying, especially!

It's been covered many times already, but here's why microsoft is being accused of a monopoly NOW, and why they are already in jepodary of being convicted again

- Microsoft is using money not acquired from gaming to gain unfair advantages in gaming

- Microsoft is attempting a monopoly. Monopoly laws are pre-active. A company can be prosecuted beforehand TO PREVENT a monopoly

- Microsoft will have a monopoly on IPs

- It will lead to an unfair advantage in the cloud

The USA is in bed with microsoft, the attorney general of the justice department was a former microsoft executive, so I don't expect the corrupt FTC to do anything, but the UK will absolutely fight micorsoft to hell and back. The UK has already prosecuted microsoft before

Sony will keep marketing deals because Microsoft isn't really going after them anymore
The lie detector test has confirmed that thats a lie!

And yet, when under oath in court, microsoft testified in the Apple vs Epic case, that Playstation are their main competitors

microsoft not caring about PlayStation, not being competitors, is just microsoft shill FUD

"Apple/Google/Facebook are big bad boogieman who microsoft needs to protect you from so therfore microsoft needs to buy publishers to keep you safe"

Call a spade a spade, buying Bethesda and Activision were moves against Playstation. PlayStation had marketing deals with Call of Duty, NOT Apple or Google or Facebook etc

Apple, Google, Facebook don't even have a presence in gaming so that microsoft FUD has always been hilariously delusional

Last edited:
  • fire
P

peter42O

Okay. Let me make this simple. I'm not an Xbox or PlayStation fanboy or extremist. When you switch primary gaming consoles three generations in a row and four out of the last five, you can't be a fanboy because being a fanboy means you stay on one side no matter what forever. I don't do that. I simply go with what I believe to be the best for me at the time. It's that simple.

But if you want to believe im this or that, by all means, feel free to do so. :)