PS5 has sold more than 533,000 units In February NPD, breaking the record set by PS2 in 2005

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
It's because Sarah Bond posted something with LOTR so they think it's about a game with WB or acquisition. Here she is laughing with Colt Eastwood.

View attachment 935
It still blows my mind that the top echelon of Xbox leadership engaged with the deranged basement dwellers of their fanbase. Them spending all of their money on their influencer budget is why they've been in last place for so many years.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
The insane cult doesnt even do a good job of promoting xbox imo. Like their not stop trolling and complaining of playstation doesnt make me want to buy an xbox but thats me.
The media and influencers coordination does work to some degree by taking attention away from where Xbox is failing. Sony would be buried alive if you were to swap the games that each of them released in the last 5 or even 10 years. The fake Xbox pro-consumer narrative bought them time and now we pay the price with all the consolidation.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Then people deny that MS promotes their most bat shit crazy warriors and supports them.
I don't think all of their management team knows who these people are.

and if there ever was a sarcastic use of the word "genius" this is it!

Last edited:

Welfare

Forum Veteran
23 Jan 2023
What little credibility he may have had went right out the window when he said that there’s no real difference between reporting sell-in vs sell-through numbers.
Don't put words in my mouth unless you have the receipts to back them up. Never said that.

There's a reason Mat said the same thing I did about the X and it's because it's true. Some of you just can't handle information about Xbox that goes against your narrative.

I made a video showing Target availability, let's see how any one of you spins this as something other than the Series X being in low supply

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Hey Welfare, it's clear that while it's not readily available everywhere due to poor supply chain management on Microsoft's part, supply is not the XSX's problem. Demand for Xbox as a whole, from hardware to software, is in the toilet.
I have no doubt that there are supply issues for Series X...but then the question becomes, "how much of that is due to incompetence at microsoft for mismanaging the supply chain/misreading the market, and how much of that is due to microsoft only producing as much as will sell through because they're taking such a big loss on every unit?" I mean if there really are 4 million unsold series s sitting on shelves...I can't imagine any retailers are happy having over a billion dollars worth of unmovable product sitting there wasting shelf space.

Last edited:

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Actually didn't @Welfare claim on another gaming forum (Removed) that Xbox had higher sales due to a higher sell-in (Vs sell-through)? How does that reconcile with the allegations of extreme scarcity on store shelves? The console isn't registering on sales trackers so it has to be either one or the other.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 417

Actually didn't @Welfare claim on another gaming forum (the horrid shithole that is installbase) that Xbox had higher sales due to a higher sell-in (Vs sell-through)? How does that reconcile with the allegations of extreme scarcity on store shelves? The console isn't registering on sales trackers so it has to be either one or the other.
Bloody good point

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Actually didn't @Welfare claim on another gaming forum (the horrid shithole that is installbase) that Xbox had higher sales due to a higher sell-in (Vs sell-through)? How does that reconcile with the allegations of extreme scarcity on store shelves? The console isn't registering on sales trackers so it has to be either one or the other.
You can find lots of pictures of pallets of unsold series s. The question is, how many of them are there actually?

Welfare

Forum Veteran
23 Jan 2023
I've always said the Series S is what's over shipped not the X. Remember there are two different Xbox's.

I've been saying since December that the X had been more difficult to find which is correct. Series S has remained in supply but isn't moving units.

Speculation here but would help my point, last year the Fortnite Series S bundle was basically the holiday bundle for 2021 and as that ran out of units the regular S was what started getting sold again. 3 months after Christmas and the current Gilded Hunter bundle is not only still available but the regular S isn't.

The regular S isn't available for "New" at GameStop, Walmart, or Amazon. Target has it in low supply at the stores it's still in, and Best Buy is still selling it, but the Gilded bundle is always ahead in the Best Seller's list.

So either the Gilded Hunter bundle is the new Series S SKU or no retailers are asking for new Series S shipments. I somewhat doubt the Gilded bundle is the new primary SKU just due to the fact it isn't even a price increase. Since Microsoft want to copy Sony by doing expensive bundles, you'd think they'd also have a new Series S bundle planned at $359, but no, it's still the holiday bundle that for some reason has this random $2 discount.

Also what's wrong with Install Base?