PS5 Pro selling out everywhere, even in Australia at a price of 1,650 Australian dollars.

SuperPotato

1 Mar 2024
IMG_20240927_133517.jpg

IMG_20240927_133518.jpg

How is this mental disability called?

He deleted the tweet 🤣

• haha
Reactions: Bo_Hazem

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
Direct sold out of everything worldwide within the first 24 hours of availability...

Probably will go down as Sony's single biggest day of revenue in its history... and the craziest part is they could have made even more if they made ps5 30th anniversary plates and if they may more Pro bundles and simply more of the accessories...

They're foolish if they don't do a second round and a 25th anniversary of the ps2 in march.

20 Jun 2022
Salalah, Oman
Direct sold out of everything worldwide within the first 24 hours of availability...

Probably will go down as Sony's single biggest day of revenue in its history... and the craziest part is they could have made even more if they made ps5 30th anniversary plates and if they may more Pro bundles and simply more of the accessories...

They're foolish if they don't do a second round and a 25th anniversary of the ps2 in march.

It's a marketing tactic. Having it get sold out only ignites more FOMO for the next product they bring.

Reactions: SuperDuper

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
Considering the console sales in Japan since the hike....they might want to reconsider.

Could very well be related to availability as well as price.

If you go to Amazon Japan, you can't find a brand new PS5 at MSRP to save your life.

I'm guessing they're limiting stock to push the PS5 Pro units which are higher margin. We saw something similar when the PS5 slim launched in Japan, availability of the original model became scarce for weeks ahead of time.

• brain
Reactions: Bryank75

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
So, buy a white Pro, and 30th Anno. Slim. Problem solved. LOL

I considered this, but ultimately it isn't worth it.

The base unit for the white pro is black unlike the grey unit you get with the anniversary edition. So instead of all grey you have grey and black.

It would be one thing to buy plates like that, but to buy a whole system, have to buy replacement plates, and then trade that in for a loss? Not worth it. Maybe if you wanted 2 PS5s in general and I once did.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Considering the console sales in Japan since the hike....they might want to reconsider.
I don't think the CFO of Sony cares. They would rather sell at a profit than move units. Same as their TVs, but I don't think it'll end well for them.

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
I don't think the CFO of Sony cares. They would rather sell at a profit than move units. Same as their TVs, but I don't think it'll end well for them.

What does ending well for them look like? PS1 and PS2 sold really well, but Sony barely made profit in those generations compared to what they're making now, despite being dominant.

The company has to build itself a future and as such they need to be profitable in software and hardware.

If they can't, console gaming is cooked.

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
It wont end well for them and 3rd party exclusives if they choose massive profits over units. I agree the current SIE and Sony leadership more than likely dont have the same connection to the PS user base the older executives did. I am getting ready for a greedy Sony going forward, i think their loyal PS players are about to get pummeled by greed and they can be so blind and loyal to a fault, we even some time cheer some of the greedy bs sony be doing.

If the pre order issue with the Limited Edition 30th pro proves anything is that loyalty don't matter to Sony and it gets you nothing but higher cost.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
What does ending well for them look like? PS1 and PS2 sold really well, but Sony barely made profit in those generations compared to what they're making now, despite being dominant.

The company has to build itself a future and as such they need to be profitable in software and hardware.

If they can't, console gaming is cooked.
Hardware is the wrong place to look for profits. The vast majority of their revenue comes from software sales. Less hardware in the wild = less software sales. Simple as.

Reactions: Danja

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
Hardware is the wrong place to look for profits. The vast majority of their revenue comes from software sales. Less hardware in the wild = less software sales. Simple as.

I highlighted the word simple here, because this is in fact a simple approach to a much more complex issue. I also highlighted revenue as revenue is not profit.

most-profitable-generation-to-date-1717025772665.jpg

They barely made any operating income under the model you prescribe. To put these totals into perspective, Netflix makes more than 5 billion dollars ANNUALLY in operating income and made 8.6 billion last year.

Sony can't afford to operate as a big fish in a small pond. Big Tech will eat their lunch. It's just a fact, an inconvenient fact for many, but a fact none the less.