Veteran
4 Jul 2022
Yes

65FUGGM.jpeg

d6fjkm-xsaeecri-jpg.1270
This must be the focus of this thread, make it visible

FIREK2029

24 Jun 2022
I got thread banned in that shit hole the first day of the ABK deal because I voiced concern about consolidation. Ever since then, I stopped visiting that forum. They’ve always had an MS slant there and I knew the mods were closet Xbots but something about the ABK deal made them take off the gloves and go full Xbot over there. The forum is a total shit show since I stopped posting there and I can’t say that I’m surprised. The place is an echo chamber and a cesspool of Microsoft shills and pro-acquisition morons.

OP
OP
Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
it was just a joke, but all of the streamers banned from Twitch (usually for bs reasons) move over to Kick

Well, it would be nice to add a few high quality posters but it's always gonna be about who fits in here and quality over quantity. :)

Reactions: JAHGamer

Nitro

10 Apr 2023
North Pole
In 2018, Mike Ybarra asked if any of the Most Valuable Professionals visiting Microsoft campus wanted to go for a drink.

Judge was like, Sure thing. See you this evening, Mike! (paraphrasing)

His account is locked today, so his answer is no longer visible.

Anyone want to venture a guess why Judge won MVP of the year twice?

"The MVP recognition lasts for a year and is awarded for a person's Microsoft related activity, contributions and influence over the previous year."

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
In 2018, Mike Ybarra asked if any of the Most Valuable Professionals visiting Microsoft campus wanted to go for a drink.

Judge was like, Sure thing. See you this evening, Mike! (paraphrasing)

His account is locked today, so his answer is no longer visible.

Anyone want to venture a guess why Judge won MVP of the year twice?

"The MVP recognition lasts for a year and is awarded for a person's Microsoft related activity, contributions and influence over the previous year."

It's actually kind of mindblowing how much social influence a multi-trillion (or really just any multibillion) dollar company can have just through these little programs that probably don't even have too much budget allocated to them. All you have to do is make people feel a little special and they'll fellate you on social media forever.

Nitro

10 Apr 2023
North Pole
And don't forget, when members began abandoning NeoGaf, if you were an Xbox fan and wanted an early invite to ResetEra before it opened to the public, the person to 'hit up' was Banjo-Kazooie (aka Judge). ResetEra was always suss.

Microsoft Studios |OT1| post #3. Banjo started laying low. lol

Aaron Greenberg celebrating the 'death' of NeoGaf. Microsoft had influencers in ResetEra from day 1.

Last edited:

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
And don't forget, when members began abandoning NeoGaf, if you were an Xbox fan and wanted an early invite to ResetEra before it opened to the public, the person to 'hit up' was Banjo-Kazooie (aka Judge). ResetEra was always suss.

Microsoft Studios |OT1| post #3. Banjo started laying low. lol

Aaron Greenberg celebrating the 'death' of NeoGaf. Microsoft had influencers in ResetEra from day 1.
Bro i remember that users haha so its him this whole time

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
According to Pelta, there are discussions of going back to GAF because the Xbox shilling on ERA is unbearable. GAF isn't much better tho 🤷

View attachment 1736

If they really wanted a place to call their own, this is a place they'd have a voice and get say in shaping. Even opportunities to become mods etc.

But Gaf is at least better than Reset.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
I thought about making this thread yesterday when those threads started getting locked lol

I also pointed out in another thread how they constantly pile on playstation exclusive games like god of war and low and behold i wake up and see another “god of war ragnarok isn’t really that good” thread on the front page, its like a meme at this point. The FFXVI uk sales thread has 26 pages talking about absolutely nothing and the mods haven’t locked it yet

And yeah, I’ve also heard talks about there being a mass playstation exodus from the forum off-site, not sure where they are going though. Wouldn’t be surprised if another dedicated ps forum is being created.

Last edited:

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
According to Pelta, there are discussions of going back to GAF because the Xbox shilling on ERA is unbearable. GAF isn't much better tho 🤷

View attachment 1736
Seeing Aaron Greenberg spending hours in console warrior twitter spaces and wearing console warrior merch to events, I guarantee he has a hand in how Reset/gaf are moderated! Such a pathetic company

24 Jun 2022
I thought about making this thread yesterday when those threads started getting locked lol

I also pointed out in another thread how they constantly pile on playstation exclusive games like god of war and low and behold i wake up and see another “god of war ragnarok isn’t really that good” thread on the front page, its like a meme at this point. The FFXVI uk sales thread has 26 pages talking about absolutely nothing and the mods haven’t locked it yet

And yeah, I’ve also heard talks about there being a mass playstation exodus from the forum off-site, not sure where they are going though. Wouldn’t be surprised if another dedicated ps forum is being created.

ResetERA's numbers have been dropping rather hard, too, as they basically are pushing away non-toxic fans of the largest gaming brand in console gaming with increasingly vitriolic rhetoric and negative biases that are easier and easier to see being enabled by its moderation & administrative staff. Not to mention suppressing dissenting opinions for the most ridiculous of reasons.

The only reason it's really even holding on for any relevancy is due to desperate has-been hanger-ons like Major Nelson still hanging out on the boards, a (very few) game developers (mostly indie) and time-to-time posts from people like DF Alex and Jason. Otherwise ResetERA would be the next Gamespot already among forums. Their political ideological slant has failed because the forum's been exposed as having mods & admin who are fake progressives grifting when it was convenient, but they're doing everything they can to protect the image of an almost $3 trillion conglomerate with a vast amount of ethical violations under its belt, many which continue to this day.

One of these days Reset's money connections will be exposed and they'll lose whatever fragments of a reputation they have left. It's only a matter of time.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
They're discussing the same on the Neogaf Bootygate thread

Apparently there's an off-site push to go back to Gaf. The quicker Reee loses relevancy, the better, I say.

Edit: whoops missed the last page of this thread where this was discussed

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75

Old Gamer

Veteran
5 Aug 2022
They're discussing the same on the Neogaf Bootygate thread

Apparently there's an off-site push to go back to Gaf. The quicker Reee loses relevancy, the better, I say.
All that would accomplish is make the Xbox propagandists take control of GAF instead.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75