[Rumour] Sony is planning to acquire CD Projekt RED

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
I hope its not truth, keep pushing for New own studios
Well this will not work at some point anymore. Now Microsoft owning Bethesda and maybe Activision Blizzard, Sony will be pressed to act. Especially now CMA removed the console SLC, this has opened the gate wide open for more acquisitions. Not just for Microsoft but for other players like Tencent, NetEase and Saudi Group as well.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
I think fake acquisition rumors are new way for companies to distract from bad pr or a disgruntled fan base. I remember back in 2021 Jez cordon had a rumor like every week that ms was going to acquire this or that company. I think Sony knows that let down fans after their showcase for investors last week and the naughty dog news.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022

It’s possible Bethesda was in talks tho. They got sold after all. Phil Spencer would field acquisition talks with Bungie on a yearly basis before they went with Sony…

Reactions: Nitro

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
The more I think about it the more I feel like CDPR is being bought, but not by Sony. This feels like an intentional leak to drive up bids/initiate a bidding war by 3rd parties.

• sad
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
If this didn’t come from a leaker whom only leaks for a specific company I’d be a bit more onboard with the conspiracy theories. It’s either a real leak from Bungie’s offices or a prank.

I’m still waiting for Liz to retract it and I’ll share if it happens because she will retract pranks quickly if it causes too much of a problem…. But this is much bigger than a destiny leak and instantly draws more eyes. It’s strange… she will hold info until verified by photos or something to verify a leakers identity.

PlacidusaX

Veteran
24 Oct 2022
Hmm Sony would own the best PC store (GOG) to put the hand me downs on and (maybe) save money taking em off Steam...

Reactions: Bryank75

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
They should make new studios but they also need to buy some ready established proven studios now that MS is shopping for Ips, studios and publishers

I’m not the craziest about them just making new studios or buying unproven startups. I have faith in the talent behind Firewalk but even they are gamble along with Haven, etc…

Ideally they helped foster and grow the studios they do sign over the years. But that’s just me subtlety making the argument that if I were to sign anyone else and no one else more…. It’d be kojima

Reactions: Kokoloko

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
A sequel isnt new IP. Maybe I worded it wrong. They need brand new Ip and Days Gone wasn’t going to get a sequel over GOW, GOT, Spiderman or Horizon

Game’s commercial and consumer success ended up being a slow burn. And it also had a huge amount of help being available to anyone who bought a ps5 and it was free for all owners for a year plus or whatever… it just ended like last week. Is it on extra too?

It’s like reviving a series after it hits cult status. OG Star Trek. When Firefly was attempted to be relaunched as a movie with Serenity etc…

It’s possible it may not be Bend making it tho. They’ve most likely been working on something new this entire time or it’s planned for much later.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I’m not the craziest about them just making new studios or buying unproven startups. I have faith in the talent behind Firewalk but even they are gamble along with Haven, etc…

Ideally they helped foster and grow the studios they do sign over the years. But that’s just me subtlety making the argument that if I were to sign anyone else and no one else more…. It’d be kojima
Same, but times have changed a bit.
And yes Kojima and FromSoft would be perfect. They already have worked together with PS for many years and made exclusives together.

There old model of working with a studio for a couple/few ips and then buying them was successful And the best approach.

But now days unfortunately with MS going shopping and buying studios/Ips Sony needs to be a bit quicker then there previous model. Or at least carry the old model on and then also buy ready established and maybe risk buying new unproven ones before someone else buys them.

Ninja Theory made exclusive and timed exclusive for PS. Supermassive made exclusives for PS. But both got bought by others. Either Sony needs to buy these types of studios they work with faster, or/and take the risk and buy ones they think will be good. + Established proven studios.

Zeroing

Veteran
6 Jul 2022
Sony always does this thing that everyone should noticed - 3 game deal! If all 3 are hits they will acquire, or they will adquire the studio if it’s new and with talent and on a city where do not have any studios there.

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
so…

I revisited the d2 leaks discord to see if she posted anything else… sorta?

Yea, she’s posting more future Destiny leaks. This means that something just happened and news is pouring in generally.

Still hasn’t addressed the previous CDPR rumor… hmmm

Leaning Team Real right now

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
A sequel isnt new IP. Maybe I worded it wrong. They need brand new Ip and Days Gone wasn’t going to get a sequel over GOW, GOT, Spiderman or Horizon
It's still a brand new IP. Days Gone would have gotten a sequel if it was up to Playstation, let's be real.