Satya Nadella talks about the future of Xbox and multiplatform. Wants to publish on Sony and Nintendo!

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
He said he'll put games on other consoles.
Did he say how many?
I havent read it but Im guessing COD and maybe titles lile Diablo
No specifics. He just mentions they now have the ability to do what they've always wanted. Which is to bring their game to all platforms (mentioned Sony and Nintendo specifically).

If the rumors are true and we're getting Sea of Thieves, Hi-Fi and even Starfield, and I think they're true, then it's not just Activision titles. Keep in mind that these rumors are coming from the biggest xbox shills. They wouldn't be damaging the brand with news like that unless absolutely necessary, meaning it's pre-emptive damage control.

They did outright lie in court but shareholders are a much bigger deal. They're basically the people who hold your money. You don't mess with that. Severe legal consequences for trying to screw shareholders and investors over.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023

Damn!

" the poster seems to allude that next-gen Xbox consoles will be akin to partnership like 3rd party controllers whereby other manufacturers will make the hardware which can run Xbox games."

.....why? 🤔 gaming PC OEMs already exist.... having a company makes a console just for your xbox games makes zero sense.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
" the poster seems to allude that next-gen Xbox consoles will be akin to partnership like 3rd party controllers whereby other manufacturers will make the hardware which can run Xbox games."

.....why? 🤔 gaming PC OEMs already exist.... having a company makes a console just for your xbox games makes zero sense.
Yeah it doesn't. I

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
22 Jun 2022
Maybe he’s the problem and not Jim Ryan
Don't pass the buck for Ryan, he had enough silly quoted and decisions of his own. I think it's safer to say PS stellar business decision making died in Andrew House's tiny hands when he left.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
I've now seen PC YouTube channels that are afraid Sony will pull their games from PC if Xbox does as PC will become their most direct competitor.

It's funny how stupid Sony is to not realize that PC is their biggest competitor before it's too late.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
I've now seen PC YouTube channels that are afraid Sony will pull their games from PC if Xbox does as PC will become their most direct competitor.

It's funny how stupid Sony is to not realize that PC is their biggest competitor before it's too late.
PC is one of Playstation's biggest growth areas. There's 300M PC players in China and less than a million PS5s in China. Kenichiro Yoshida doesn't want to sell Stellar Blade to them?

feiozzo

18 Jan 2024
PC is one of Playstation's biggest growth areas. There's 300M PC players in China and less than a million PS5s in China. Kenichiro Yoshida doesn't want to sell Stellar Blade to them?
but ps games didnt sell very well on steam
btw, why china dislike consoles?

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
internal documents leaked from insomniac show wild growth in pc sales every year since they started.

according to this gamesindustrydotbiz article, officially licensed consoles sold in china are subject to a lot of restrictions by the state. it's more attractive to get hardware imported from japan, which are more expensive.

KvallyX

Veteran
Icon Extra
13 Nov 2023
Your Mom
No idea if it's true or not. But if MS puts all their games on PS, then I only need one console. Fine by me. I am gonna need a 4TB HDD though, minimum!

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
No idea if it's true or not. But if MS puts all their games on PS, then I only need one console. Fine by me. I am gonna need a 4TB HDD though, minimum!
Those games are last gen levels your better off getting an emulator.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
internal documents leaked from insomniac show wild growth in pc sales every year since they started.
"wild growth" ....is the wild growth in the room with us right now ? 😂😂 Games are selling worse and worse with each port

GBsYvqIXoAARu6Z

according to this gamesindustrydotbiz article, officially licensed consoles sold in china are subject to a lot of restrictions by the state. it's more attractive to get hardware imported from japan, which are more expensive.
There's 300M PC players in China and less than a million PS5s in China. Kenichiro Yoshida doesn't want to sell Stellar Blade to them?
Vast majority of those PC gamers are all playing live service junk like League of Legends and PUBG and have no interest in single player experiences. But as AAA gaming grows in China, so does console gaming, Sony knows this and thats why they're getting ahead of it with the China Hero Project and collabs with Mihoyo.

They just announced this new Genshin bundle today 😁 and I bet it'll be flying off shelves.

GEOfStEacAAvJG0

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023
No specifics. He just mentions they now have the ability to do what they've always wanted. Which is to bring their game to all platforms (mentioned Sony and Nintendo specifically).

If the rumors are true and we're getting Sea of Thieves, Hi-Fi and even Starfield, and I think they're true, then it's not just Activision titles. Keep in mind that these rumors are coming from the biggest xbox shills. They wouldn't be damaging the brand with news like that unless absolutely necessary, meaning it's pre-emptive damage control.

They did outright lie in court but shareholders are a much bigger deal. They're basically the people who hold your money. You don't mess with that. Severe legal consequences for trying to screw shareholders and investors over.
Starfield is not being rumored from credible sources. Just sea of theives and hi fi for now. Also their is nothing concrete yet. But where there is smoke their is fire.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Starfield is not being rumored from credible sources. Just sea of theives and hi fi for now. Also their is nothing concrete yet. But where there is smoke their is fire.
Meh. Already played it on Series X. A gears collection, on the other hand...Not gonna happen but that'd be my thing. Already have them on Xbox, would buy again on PS.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
"wild growth" ....is the wild growth in the room with us right now ? 😂😂 Games are selling worse and worse with each port

GBsYvqIXoAARu6Z

Vast majority of those PC gamers are all playing live service junk like League of Legends and PUBG and have no interest in single player experiences. But as AAA gaming grows in China, so does console gaming, Sony knows this and thats why they're getting ahead of it with the China Hero Project and collabs with Mihoyo.

They just announced this new Genshin bundle today 😁 and I bet it'll be flying off shelves.

GEOfStEacAAvJG0
If all the investment that went into porting everything to PC had gone to a single extra game that sold 7m+ on PlayStation it would've been a much better deal.

Remember that Sony had to adapt all their studios and tools to develop and support games on PC and it even included buying studios dedicated to it.

It was a poor strategy to begging with but it was also extremely poorly executed. Single player games that all were getting cracked day 1 and with PC players using the ports to mock PlayStation and as a reason for people to never buy their consoles.

Last edited:

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
If all the investment that went into porting everything to PC had gone to a single extra game that sold 7m+ on PlayStation it would've been a much better deal.

Remember that Sony had to adapt all their studios and tools to develop and support games on PC and it even included buying studios dedicated to it.

It was a poor strategy to begging with but it was also extremely poorly executed. Single player games that all were getting cracked day 1 and with PC players using the ports to mock PlayStation and as a reason for people to never buy their consoles.
It's objectively an extreme failure, they haven't even made $250m from every port combined yet. Epic offered Sony a 4 game for $200m deal to put their games exclusively on EGS, they would've been much better off taking that deal instead of 10 games making <200m....I can't be mad at Square Enix for putting Kingdom Hearts on Epic Games and making FF7Remake a 1 year exclusive. Most games simply sell like trash on Steam

Anyone saying that these are good numbers is beyond disingenuous. Nixxes being a PS3 Remaster studio would yield 10x more money than these ports and wouldn't have devalued the brand and games. I was thinking about making a thread on this so the twitter bot could pick it up but i'm too lazy