Satya Nadella talks about the future of Xbox and multiplatform. Wants to publish on Sony and Nintendo!

OP
OP
Yurinka

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Taking this into account, and in light of these multiplatform rumors, how can we explain the $70B Activision acquisition?
Look at Activision Blizzard King revenue, profit and MAU. That now will count as MS.

With them MS becomes the top grossing publisher in console, maybe in PC too, and in mobile they jump to top 3 or so. In the overall gaming (mobile+console+pc) top grossing companies ranking MS becomes top 3, pretty close to Sony and Tencent.

That is assuming they don't remove CoD and other top AB games from PS and that GP doesn't highly decrease their revenue.

Reactions: Bryank75

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023

Always Sunny Reaction GIF
That's a crazy amount of projecting he's doing right now.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Look at Activision Blizzard King revenue, profit and MAU. That now will count as MS.

With them MS becomes the top grossing publisher in console, maybe in PC too, and in mobile they jump to top 3 or so. In the overall gaming (mobile+console+pc) top grossing companies ranking MS becomes top 3, pretty close to Sony and Tencent.

That is assuming they don't remove CoD and other top AB games from PS and that GP doesn't highly decrease their revenue.
I get it, but they've paid out a premium for that revenue, profit, MAU for years in advance. It's not impressive when (to quote a former president): you didn't build that, somebody else made that happen. There has to be some reason why pairing up ABK with MS creates new opportunities. Switching the corporate ownership alone doesn't create profitable growth for ABK or MS.

Amazon easily has the money to buy Sony/Playstation. But instead of acquiring a massive entity, they've done a bunch of disparate initiatives, testing the waters. Because if there's a strategic reason for Amazon to be a player in videogames, it'll come through building and growing their own platform.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I get it, but they've paid out a premium for that revenue, profit, MAU for years in advance. It's not impressive when (to quote a former president): you didn't build that, somebody else made that happen. There has to be some reason why pairing up ABK with MS creates new opportunities. Switching the corporate ownership alone doesn't create profitable growth for ABK or MS.

Amazon easily has the money to buy Sony/Playstation. But instead of acquiring a massive entity, they've done a bunch of disparate initiatives, testing the waters. Because if there's a strategic reason for Amazon to be a player in videogames, it'll come through building and growing their own platform.

Especially with the risks of franchises burning out or other market factors.

I mean a gaming busy could wipe out all the potential.

Reactions: flaccidsnake
OP
OP
Yurinka

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Couldn't compete against Sony and Nintendo, so they moved away to PC, mobile and specially subscriptions to see if they were more lucky there. MS wasn't able to grow organically and they have a ton of money, so they went to grow via acquisitions.

Amazon can't buy Sony/Playstation because they don't want to sell. But I think they may be the biggest retailer of the world for retail game, and I think that in the long term Luna can be successful (not market leader) without needing to buy publishers.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
I wonder how long Resetera and folks like Jez are going to pretend like this isn't happening.
Look no further than the replies to that tweet for the narrative.

"Umm splerrrg how is that different from now splerrrg? They already release on all platforms with ABK/Minecraft!"

It's clear that this is a new "strategy" read: forced pivot from Microsoft, but the frogs boiling alive in Xboxland can't tell because they've been gaslit by Philnocchio Sphincter for years.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Look no further than the replies to that tweet for the narrative.

"Umm splerrrg how is that different from now splerrrg? They already release on all platforms with ABK/Minecraft!"

It's clear that this is a new "strategy" read: forced pivot from Microsoft, but the frogs boiling alive in Xboxland can't tell because they've been gaslit by Philnocchio Sphincter for years.
it's funny how the same people who dismiss this as just rumors are the first ones to instantly believe any negative rumor that comes out about PlayStation.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Also, I think the strategy from that community is going to be to hype up the games shown at the show tomorrow and pretend like the rumors don't exist.

Reactions: Dabaus

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
Another clip just surfaced đŸ˜¬

Xbox fanboys: "he's only talking about CoD!!!"

Wow, much more compelling.

At the very least he makes it sound as if all ABK games will come to PlayStation and Switch, it then Hi-Fi Rush and Sea of Thieves are MGS and Zenimax respectively.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: JAHGamer