Sony confirms Three Seasons currently planned for Concord | Pre Load Available

Men_in_Boxes

18 Aug 2024
If Sony didn't buy bungie back in 2022 they were at risk of shutting down they didn't suddenly start losing money in 2023 parsons is a bare faced liar
I don't believe that at all. Destiny 2 was the most profitable it had ever been at that point according to a GDC interview. The reason they grew to 1,500 employees is because, for a time, Destiny 2 could cover those expenses. They were never at risk of closure.

The media spins silly narratives because they know people won't look up the details.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I don't believe that at all. Destiny 2 was the most profitable it had ever been at that point according to a GDC interview. The reason they grew to 1,500 employees is because, for a time, Destiny 2 could cover those expenses. They were never at risk of closure.

The media spins silly narratives because they know people won't look up the details.
That is what most people that says to be "insider" says too.
Including Jason said Destiny 2 was always profitable.

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom

Two sources told the publication that chief people officer Holly Barbacovi outright stated layoffs were a "lever", and one which Bungie would be able to pull on again. Others explained they were told not to discuss layoffs further, and during a post-layoff Q&A at the company, the notion of leadership taking a salary cut to prevent future cuts was rebuffed. Bungie is "not that type of company" came the reply.

Why do you have your head up a scummy CEO's arse

Men_in_Boxes

18 Aug 2024
Two sources told the publication that chief people officer Holly Barbacovi outright stated layoffs were a "lever", and one which Bungie would be able to pull on again.
This is just how business works. If I have a lemonade stand and I'm not making enough money to pay my sister, than the lever I pull would be to let her go. There's nothing wrong with that. The math works or it doesn't.
Others explained they were told not to discuss layoffs further, and during a post-layoff Q&A at the company, the notion of leadership taking a salary cut to prevent future cuts was rebuffed. Bungie is "not that type of company" came the reply.
I think the difference here is that you view Bungie as more of a charity while I view them as a competitive business. If they're a charity, then the CEO not taking a pay cut means he's a morally bad person. This modality of thought doesn't interest me at all. If they're a competitive business then why would a CEO take a pay cut to pay employees that he no longer believes in? They made a ruling on their incubation projects and all of them failed (outside of Gummy Bears). Taking a pay cut to fund a failing gamble is illogical. I don't view Bungie as a charity.
Why do you have your head up a scummy CEO's arse
I have no interest in thinking like you. I just care about competitive practices and what strategy yields the most effective result.

• haha
Reactions: KvallyX
27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
This is just how business works. If I have a lemonade stand and I'm not making enough money to pay my sister, than the lever I pull would be to let her go. There's nothing wrong with that. The math works or it doesn't.

I think the difference here is that you view Bungie as more of a charity while I view them as a competitive business. If they're a charity, then the CEO not taking a pay cut means he's a morally bad person. This modality of thought doesn't interest me at all. If they're a competitive business then why would a CEO take a pay cut to pay employees that he no longer believes in? They made a ruling on their incubation projects and all of them failed (outside of Gummy Bears). Taking a pay cut to fund a failing gamble is illogical. I don't view Bungie as a charity.

I have no interest in thinking like you. I just care about competitive practices and what strategy yields the most effective result.
Bungie certainly act like they're a charity with all the virtue signalling they do

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
5 enemies in row seems like the only hard one. The rest is doable
Yeah! Basically they're just telling you to play the game and have fun with all the characters lol. That's how Multiplayer trophies should be, no need to force ridic grind unto players

Reactions: Kokoloko

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
Hoping to play this tomorrow even though I only preordered the standard edition. Theres no since in making us standard edition players wait until 8/23 if the game has a low playerbase. Tje game has moved up to #26 in the pre order rankings on PSN.

Last edited:

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
All the shills better have their copies lined up or I’m a gonna go all Hulk Hogan in here

They sure as fuck won’t.

The doomer and shill crew here will ignore everything from Baldur’s gate launching exclusive to gran blue to even Helldivers. They just want more Abbie and tlou3.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Hoping to play this tomorrow even though I only preordered the standard edition. Theres no since in making us standard edition players wait until 8/23 if the game has a low playerbase. Tje game has moved up to #26 in the pre order rankings on PSN.
Agreed they might as well open it up for everyone and just give the deluxe buyers an extra reward to make it up to them or something.

Reactions: AllBizness

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
All the shills better have their copies lined up or I’m a gonna go all Hulk Hogan in here

They sure as fuck won’t.

The doomer and shill crew here will ignore everything from Baldur’s gate launching exclusive to gran blue to even Helldivers. They just want more Abbie and tlou3.

I think by shills he means people who talk positive on the game lol.

I have mine ready for 8pm lol

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Any bets on if we will see triple digit player numbers? Failing is one thing but this will be a complete humiliation, nice hit to the brand image from Herman and co