Sony: PS will remain our core product expanding our gaming experiences to PC & mobile |UP| Rumor: "Big games untouchable" regarding day/date to PC.

Thunderstorm__

31 May 2023
S
Hermen Hulst in 2020: "And to maybe put a few minds at ease, releasing one first-party AAA title to PC doesn’t necessarily mean that every game now will come to PC. In my mind, Horizon Zero Dawn was just a great fit in this particular instance."

Now almost every game is on PC. Dude took a page right out of Phil Spencer's playbook, he really is the Sony version of Phil. But at least I don't see PS fans praising him

GGaI1bFWAAA5HQa.jpg

Slippery slope

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
last we heard Marathon is coming to Xbox. in general there aren't enough xboxes to make it super tempting.
The day they acquired Bungie they said that all future Bungie games will continue being released in all platforms day one including rival consoles.

Well, Until Dawn is a remake of a nearly 10-year old game,
Yes, the "around 2 years or more" is from the original release of the game, not from the release of possible PS5 ports/remasters/remakes. The remake could release almost at the same time or at the same time in PS5 and PC.

whatever hasn't been ported yet is currently in the works
Not the case according to Yamauchi and Miyazaki.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
So this guy is the oracle of gaming or something now?
They've been dead-on with their stuff since the middle of last month
. Maybe the most accurate leaker I've seen in years. Well, between them and the one who posted that Discord stuff. Could be a small group of people divvying up leaks or whatever.
The Snitch is the only leaker who always has been correct and leaked multiple things. As far as I remember this one only got confirmed the GoT PC announcement, the rest can be just guesses.

so, are you saying that sony is porting their games to Xboxo?
MLB and Bungie games yes. The rest no.

Was he definitely the first to leak the GoT PC port date? If so, very credible. Starfield on PS5 confirmed for this year.
Spencer said that their idea was to release only these 4 games with the idea of having around a year or more of exclusivity. Regarding more games, he said that not as of now but never say never. Which means that they plan to release more but not now, will have to wait some time.

But this playstation is thinking short term, not the long term.
In 2024, like in every year, they will release more PS exclusives than PC ports. Which means that the number of PS exclusives will increase, not decrease. While getting the profits from the ports to fund future games or to help recover from loses generated by unprofitable PS4/PS5 games.

Last edited:

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Spencer said that their idea was to release only these 4 games with the idea of having around a year or more of exclusivity. Regarding more games, he said that not as of now but never say never. Which means that they plan to release more but not now, will have to wait some time.
Spencer is not a credible source on Xbox's plans, which feels wild to say about the exec in charge of the business unit.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Bloodborne remaster is one of those games that could get people to pick up a ps5, even pc only gamers.

And if they didn't continue to port single player games, those gamers could be convinced to pick up other ps exclusives.

But this playstation is thinking short term, not the long term.
Bloodborne is coming to PC, so that's that.
They are to hung up in their own ball to see that they fucking themselves up.

24 Jun 2022
Hermen Hulst in 2020: "And to maybe put a few minds at ease, releasing one first-party AAA title to PC doesn’t necessarily mean that every game now will come to PC. In my mind, Horizon Zero Dawn was just a great fit in this particular instance."

Now almost every game is on PC. Dude took a page right out of Phil Spencer's playbook, he really is the Sony version of Phil. But at least I don't see PS fans praising him

GGaI1bFWAAA5HQa.jpg

And eerily, even the time frames line up. Four years in both cases 😲.

I genuinely hope we don't end up regretting Jim Ryan's departure.

Bloodborne, yes. For 9 years now. I'll bet GT7 won't be there too for very obvious reason.

You sure about that? What do you think the PSVR PC compatibility testing is for? Also GT7 was in the Nvidia leak. Not hard to put two and two together.

Though, if SIE have since reversed that decision and shelved the port, I'd be rather impressed.

@Yurinka The Snitch was using private Youtube playlist uploads to make their leaks IIRC. I also haven't seen them say anything regarding the Microsoft game ports or these new Sony PC ports like GOT and TLOU Part 2.

His accuracy may've been good, but they haven't been relevant to the new crop of leaks & rumors over the past few months.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
You sure about that? What do you think the PSVR PC compatibility testing is for? Also GT7 was in the Nvidia leak. Not hard to put two and two together.
Yamauchi was asked about the Nvidia list and said they never worked on a GT7 PC versions and didn't have any plans to work on it on the future.

Though, if SIE have since reversed that decision and shelved the port, I'd be rather impressed.

@Yurinka The Snitch was using private Youtube playlist uploads to make their leaks IIRC. I also haven't seen them say anything regarding the Microsoft game ports or these new Sony PC ports like GOT and TLOU Part 2.

His accuracy may've been good, but they haven't been relevant to the new crop of leaks & rumors over the past few months.
I don't know about the Youtube stuff, but I know The Snitch has at least a few contacts in the industry, I know personally one of them. He did stop because ninjas tracking him were pretty close, and also to don't ruin surprises / work of some marketing people.

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023

PSVR2 has nothing to do with that. It is about online. And Kaz can be pretty stubborn.

Reactions: Systemshock2023
24 Jun 2022
Yamauchi was asked about the Nvidia list and said they never worked on a GT7 PC versions and didn't have any plans to work on it on the future.

TBF, people at these studios deny stuff all the time, usually because they don't want to get ahead of an official announcement. Even if there is a PC version of GT7 in the works, no point in confirming that in an interview which is what, 1-2 years out from a target release date for the port?

That's just a stupid thing to do when you want to encourage sales of the console version in the meantime.

I don't know about the Youtube stuff, but I know The Snitch has at least a few contacts in the industry, I know personally one of them. He did stop because ninjas tracking him were pretty close, and also to don't ruin surprises / work of some marketing people.

Well even so, I haven't seen their name pop up with these more recent leaks & rumors. So they were credible with what they did mention, they just haven't mentioned anything this year AFAIK.

PSVR2 has nothing to do with that. It is about online. And Kaz can be pretty stubborn.

All I'm saying is, GT7 was on that Nvidia list leak. Sony mentioned they're doing PSVR2 compatibility for PC. GT7 has a big VR mode/component to it. That's a lot of circumstantial evidence suggesting a port is coming.

I'm not saying that because I WANT the port to happen; if you know my stance on the value of exclusivity especially among 1P titles for the console you'd know as such. However, I can't deny the probability of a port is high considering all the circumstantial evidence to support it. As for Yamauchi's preferences; ultimately he's employed by SIE and has to do what they say.

If SIE say "make a PC port for GT7", Yamauchi has to have his team make that port. Maybe alongside Nixxes or some other studio, but that's an order from up high. He can't just say "No" because that's his preference. Again, considering how few 1P games are even left as genuine exclusives for the console, I don't think a port of GT7 is a good idea, at least not without a GT8 or some flashing MotorStorm revival that's exclusive for PS5 within a year or two.

However, I have to put that aside and consider the reality that it's likely a port will end up happening, and could happen as soon as near the end of this year. If the port doesn't happen this year or doesn't happen at all, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Last edited:

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
GT7 won't be on PC. They would need to devolp both versions in tandem for content parity and it would be a mess.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
TBF, people at these studios deny stuff all the time, usually because they don't want to get ahead of an official announcement. Even if there is a PC version of GT7 in the works, no point in confirming that in an interview which is what, 1-2 years out from a target release date for the port?

That's just a stupid thing to do when you want to encourage sales of the console version in the meantime.
True, but they can also say "no comments" or "we don't comment on rumors and speculations" when it's true. For me in this case it did sound very convincing because he went into detail to don't only deny that they were working on it, but also saying that they didn't have plans to make it in the future.

It may be true, they may be too busy with the game update and GT8, or Sony may have decided to keep some games exclusive permanently as Hermen said.

But it's also true that plans may change and that even if at the time Hermen and him really thought this, maybe with the recent needs for extra profits may have recently decided to port it too some day in the future once they ran out of PS5 and recent/main PS4 ports.

Well even so, I haven't seen their name pop up with these more recent leaks & rumors. So they were credible with what they did mention, they just haven't mentioned anything this year AFAIK.
The Snitch "retired" from leaking due to the ninjas and to avoid spoilering, but sometimes since then made some hints and riddles instead. Things like showing the Delta icon and the red exclamation to hint the MGS Delta announcement.

All I'm saying is, GT7 was on that Nvidia list leak. Sony mentioned they're doing PSVR2 compatibility for PC. GT7 has a big VR mode/component to it. That's a lot of circumstantial evidence suggesting a port is coming.

I'm not saying that because I WANT the port to happen; if you know my stance on the value of exclusivity especially among 1P titles for the console you'd know as such. However, I can't deny the probability of a port is high considering all the circumstantial evidence to support it. As for Yamauchi's preferences; ultimately he's employed by SIE and has to do what they say.

If SIE say "make a PC port for GT7", Yamauchi has to have his team make that port. Maybe alongside Nixxes or some other studio, but that's an order from up high. He can't just say "No" because that's his preference. Again, considering how few 1P games are even left as genuine exclusives for the console, I don't think a port of GT7 is a good idea, at least not without a GT8 or some flashing MotorStorm revival that's exclusive for PS5 within a year or two.

However, I have to put that aside and consider the reality that it's likely a port will end up happening, and could happen as soon as near the end of this year. If the port doesn't happen this year or doesn't happen at all, I'll be pleasantly surprised.
Regarding PSVR2 compatibility with PC, we still have to see the details about which efforts Sony puts on that. They may just make PC drivers and allow devs and hackers do whatever they want with it. Or may also port their few PSVR2 1st party games for PC too. In that case I think it would be more likely to end getting the GT7 PC port.

Which at least some time ago I'd say they didn't have it originally planned. But now seeing the PC ports are pretty profitable, that they need extra profitability, seeing also that they want to port more stuff to PC but will run out of not too old games with decent potential sales, and that they plan to make PSVR2 compatible with PC, if they not considered it I assume they'll end doing it.

Specially knowing that PC has a large market regarding racing sims (the port would need a lot of work to support many racing sim related accesories) and also VR market, I think GT7 -specially if supports VR- would sell very well on PC. It also could help Sony conker racing sim in PC and enlarge their non-standalone VR leadership.

I think the PC port would be very challenging because being a competitive game they'd have to ensure exactly the same performance in console and PC, which would mean to first have a higher than usual minimal PC hardware specs and limit framerate to be the same than in PS, plus to make special effort regarding cheaters. On top of that, I'm not sure but I'd bed GT has its own game engine, which means they'd have to port it, which means extra work. I think this particular port would be more expensive and challenging than usual, specially if also including VR.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
GT7 won't be on PC. They would need to devolp both versions in tandem for content parity and it would be a mess.
Nothing is confirmed, but this thread only contains negative quotes when there are positive statements. Yamauchi was asked by GTPlanet if the franchise could follow Uncharted and Horizon to the PC platform, this was his response:
Yes, I do think so,” Yamauchi replied.

But, there are some caveats.

“Gran Turismo is a very finely tuned title,” Yamauchi-san explained. “There are not many platforms which could run the game in 4K/60p natively, so one way we make that possible is to narrow down the platform. It’s not a very easy subject, but of course, we are looking into it and considering it.”

Reactions: KvallyX

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Nothing is confirmed, but this thread only contains negative quotes when there are positive statements. Yamauchi was asked by GTPlanet if the franchise could follow Uncharted and Horizon to the PC platform, this was his response:

Days later, when asked about that interview you mentioned in Dengeki he said this:
FkoLEn8UUAAajyp

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gediminas

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Days later, when asked about that interview you mentioned in Dengeki he said this:
FkoLEn8UUAAajyp

yep I agree. but what he hasn't said is "absolutely not, GT is foundational to Playstation's brand identity and I would never bring it to another platform"

KvallyX

Icon Extra
13 Nov 2023
As long as they keep making great games, I will keep buying them.

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023

FkoLEn8UUAAajyp

yep I agree. but what he hasn't said is "absolutely not, GT is foundational to Playstation's brand identity and I would never bring it to another platform"

Like he said in GT Planet :UPDATE: Since this article was originally published, Kazunori Yamauchi was interviewed by Japanese media on December 22, 2022, where he reiterated that Gran Turismo on PC is something he would consider but confirmed it is not currently in development.

And it won't come. Just because online. Online on PC ( and surely a crossplay) would be full of cheaters. Online built during GT Sport and continuation of that foundation in GT7 on console online racing would be ruined. And surely Kaz wouldn't allow that for sure.

Check what happened with last Forza Motorsport. Full of cheaters