Sony to Take Action as PS5, PS4 Owners Play Less Than Anticipated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Well it's just hard to quantify other than to say the obvious: it's worse on PC than console.

But I really just wouldn't know how extensive it is.

GOW sold 875,000 on PC so far yet has 100,000 downloads on just one site which is German Only version. One site that is with the German version. Imagine what the hundreds of other sites have including English version.

FVlHlfwXoAI9yQa

Watch the same happen to Spiderman remastered.

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
Some uses the numbers of downloaded torrents (that should be way lower than actual piracy) that are several millions.
It is hard to know because torrents are decentralized... so a torrent server in US have different statistics of a torrent server in BR... the package/files are different est due the cracking and the languages that makes torrent servers threat it as different packages.

Let's say people only look at the biggest torrent sites stats.
No one is collecting any data outside of market research companies. The reality is it's a terrible argument because of available data actually collected PC pirating is a relatively small problem on the whole.

Everything being said here by people like Mudd is just pulled out of thin air.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I forget to say.

Piracy on PC is growing in 2022.
Not just videogames but all piracy content is growing very fast according with major research.

You will find a lot of articles talking about that new trend.

Reactions: Airbus

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
GOW sold 875,000 on PC so far yet has 100,000 downloads on just one site which is German Only version. One site that is with the German version. Imagine what the hundreds of other sites have including English version.

FVlHlfwXoAI9yQa

Watch the same happen to Spiderman remastered.
How many downloads were successful, restarted? How do you know that's not combined metadata? Look at the amount of seeders and leechers, it's nothing.

Actual studies conducted show that yes it's a problem, however no where near the way you frame it.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Every single player PC game will get pirated more than it sold if it was cracked day 1.

This is a huge part of the reason why AAA single player only games developed exclusively for PC are a thing of the past.
And why Denuvo exists.
Even people talking like Denuvo was useless because it got cracked after weeks.... that is totally what Denuvo is... the main reason is to not allow piracy at launch window.

IntentionalPun

Veteran
Founder
22 Jun 2022
Urf
onlyfans.com
Torrent trackers are shared across the "web sites" that link to them.

That's not a "German Version" either way is it?

Either way Sony should probably look into DRM.

Reactions: DynamiteCop
D

Deleted member 13

You mean time for that PS4-level portable handheld 😏?

I doubt people venturing out more is hurting Nintendo as much as Sony & Microsoft, Switch's portability being a major reason why. All the more reason for a new Sony portable with PS4-base level performance for taking the PS4 library on the go (and streaming PS4 Pro and PS5 games on the go).

Time to commit, Sony. Do it!
It already exists - Steam Deck.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Torrent trackers are shared across the "web sites" that link to them.

That's not a "German Version" either way is it?

Either way Sony should probably look into DRM.
Only if it is the same file/package and the user is connected to more than one searchserver to update it (it needs one single user to share with a searchserver thought).
There are several GoW PC packages (different langages, different cracking tools, different mods, different fan transalation, etc) on torrents... each one with it own statistics.

Reactions: Muddasar

Kretos

The Legend - Scourge of the Green Rats
21 Jun 2022
jim ryan you fell into M$ trap like a sucker, you ported your top exclusives to pc, you made a new sub service, and you wonder why ppl buy/play games less on PS consoles? stupid fucking idiot

D

Deleted member 13

What again is losing?

I mean I'm playing the game on PS5 just fine and way before PC users.
There is no lose at all.
But it won't be the better version. As long as you accept that, we are all happy. :)

• fire
Reactions: ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Maybe not you, but others around here seem to be under the impression that Sony's games are their property, and that only they are entitled to them.
Not exactly what they say.
I already discussed that with them a lot of time... even on discord.
They have the opinion that PS games coming to PC devaluate the PlayStation brand that is made by strong exclusives for their own platform.
I disagree with them.
In a near-term it can even devaluate the brand but if Sony do the things right it will increase the value in the long term.

Any case Sony's games are their properties and they can do what they think... so you, me or others have no decision value if the games are entitled or not to us.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
But it won't be the better version. As long as you accept that, we are all happy. :)
Accept... I mean a minor part of the PC gamers will in most cases have the best version of games due the having better hardware... that is true since ever.
What there is to accept? It will have exceptions due the bad job made with PC ports but that is all... exceptions.

But I understand maybe I'm some type of exception too... because I have desire to play games at launch... after some time pass I forget and my hype to play the game vanish.

Edit - A bit more about myself.

So I play games moving from new games to new games... actually the release schedule of major AAA publishers really fits my playing habits.
Maybe it it was 25 years ago when I had all the time of the world to play games I should be playing new and old games at same time.

I will tell you a secret... if the number of big new games released start to decreased I will probably stop to play... already happened several times when there is a big hiatus between releases I want to play I just don't touch my console... it can be several months.
There are exception of course like FFVIIR that I misunderstood what the game was about (blame Square Enix for misleading marketing to make the game look like the same story with bad gameplay instead of being a sequel with different events affecting the original story)... so I started to play it a month ago... if I finish it before Ragnarok I will probably pause my gaming nights until it releases.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 13

Accept... I mean a minor part of the PC gamers will in most cases have the best version of games due the having better hardware... that is true since ever.
What there is to accept?
Let's all agree that the fact that there will be a better version of the most proud exclusives on PS is hard to stomach. Having said that, it would make sense that someone would mitigate that reality by saying it will not release at the same time the exclusive comes out, so therefore the PS version is still the better version by default because it's available to be played immediately. That's a cope mechanism. The actual wish is that the exclusive will stay only for the PS platform and therefore the best it could ever be. Now this is no longer the case and so a big loss for Sony fans that relied on the exclusives to only be played on the PS hardware.

It will have exceptions due the bad job made with PC ports but that is all... exceptions.
True, but I think that may not be the case for most ports.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: DynamiteCop

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Let's all agree that the fact that there will be a better version of the most proud exclusives on PS is hard to stomach. Having said that, it would make sense that someone would mitigate that reality by saying it will not release at the same time the exclusive comes out, so therefore the PS version is still the better version by default because it's available to be played immediately. That's a cope mechanism. The actual wish is that the exclusive will stay only for the PS platform and therefore the best it could ever be. Now this is no longer the case and so a big loss for Sony fans that relied on the exclusives to only be played on the PS hardware.

True, but I think that may not be the case for most ports.
I tried to explain how I play games with an edit... it just the PC releases not affect me at all and doesn't make me sad.
The opposite the most money Sony can take to make games to PlayStation better.
The same reason I support PC ports... I support no investment in BC or remasters :D
I'm selfish... I want all the means to Sony make money to use to make games to my PlayStation but I don't like using that money in old stuffs :p

Reactions: Deleted member 13
Status
Not open for further replies.