Spider-Man 2 has sold more than 2.5 Million copies in first 24 hours

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
i wish they would move away from gender identity as the main social issue in these games

what about people who can't afford to eat healthy due to food stamps having unrealistic guidelines (and people living in food deserts)?

what about the huge increase in childhood obesity due to corporations forcing sugar into all the foods to make them more addictive/palatable?

what about the unaffordability of housing due to large banking cartels buying up and converting homes into rentals?

what about your parents getting evicted by their landlords so they can raise the rent 50% because some app told them they could?

etc

I don't mind having the LGBTQ ally stuff but it becomes tiresome when it's the only thing in there, start putting struggles in there that the majority of people can identify with as well

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
i wish they would move away from gender identity as the main social issue in these games

what about people who can't afford to eat healthy due to food stamps having unrealistic guidelines (and people living in food deserts)?

what about the huge increase in childhood obesity due to corporations forcing sugar into all the foods to make them more addictive/palatable?

what about the unaffordability of housing due to large banking cartels buying up and converting homes into rentals?

what about your parents getting evicted by their landlords so they can raise the rent 50% because some app told them they could?

etc

I don't mind having the LGBTQ ally stuff but it becomes tiresome when it's the only thing in there, start putting struggles in there that the majority of people can identify with as well
How about they got pushed off their train, got murdered in a cold day. New York simulator

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022

etc

They do the gender stuff because of white signaling trendy narrative stuff pushed by the big corporations.

If the trendy white signaling stuff would be to include blue horses dancing they'd include blue horses dancing instead.

Reactions: Diah

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
This is a dishonest take. Nothing stops Insomniac from adding new characters with other sexual orientations and other personality traits, people just find annoying when the devs change the essential characteristics of characters just to pander to a tiny rabid fanbase.
Sadly, Marvel themselves has established that the beloved characters Stan Lee co-created are perfectly fine to sideline, shit all over or kill off in circumstances where Stan himself would have created an exciting new character to explore new themes with, so Insomniac are just following the source material with all their revisionism.

Reactions: ForzaJuve

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Hilarious how I reveal the ignored posts and it's just a page of people ranting about "gender identity" and "sexual orientation" in video games, when I can count about 3 gay characters in the entire game so not sure where that's coming from. In real world new york you'd see a lot more than 3 gay people lol.

Always makes me laugh when I see people claim to be Playstation fans and not understand that their devs are some of the most inclusive in the industry.

News flash, people other than straight white men exist in the world, we're tired of hearing you neckbeards complain about it whenever a new piece of media comes out.

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
Hilarious how I reveal the ignored posts and it's just a page of people ranting about "gender identity" and "sexual orientation" in video games, when I can count about 3 gay characters in the entire game so not sure where that's coming from. In real world new york you'd see a lot more than 3 gay people lol.

Always makes me laugh when I see people claim to be Playstation fans and not understand that their devs are some of the most inclusive in the industry.

News flash, people other than straight white men exist in the world, we're tired of hearing you neckbeards complain about it whenever a new piece of media comes out.
People cant accept that other kind of people exist, their reality is so distorted by fiction, lies, religion, sexism, and racism that they are literally living in their own bleached out, sanitized reality, and to me that sucks and sad at the same time. Feel sorry for them.

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
People cant accept that other kind of people exist, their reality is so distorted by fiction, lies, religion, sexism, and racism that they are literally living in their own bleached out, sanitized reality, and to me that sucks and sad at the same time. Feel sorry for them.
Sadly, it seems 9 times out of 10 you'll run into these kind of people when talking about anything involving gaming online, I just figured Sony fans on a Playstation centric forum would be smart enough to know Sony makes games for everyone.

24 Jun 2022
No, I'm saying they quit showing that because it was african-americans doing it.

Not just African-Americans, and it's been happening for years, plus most of the time the victims are also African-American. Dunno why people suddenly care about that stuff on some of these NYC trains now, tho.

Or only now consider it a problem (although I could think of some reasons 🤔...).

Evilms

Graph Master
21 Jun 2022
2nd week for Spidey 2 in Italy
F-QKpwUXAAApMXR

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I hope Sony doesn't hide Spiderman 2 sales number in the upcoming financial report.
Sony already shown (great) launch sales numbers. Don't have anything to hide, as usual will share more sales numbers for this game when they consider it makes sense.

Their upcoming financial report covers July-September, and Spider-Man 2 was released in October. So it shouldn't include Spider-Man 2 sales numbers.

Evilms

Graph Master
21 Jun 2022
Sony already shown (great) launch sales numbers. Don't have anything to hide, as usual will share more sales numbers for this game when they consider it makes sense.

Their upcoming financial report covers July-September, and Spider-Man 2 was released in October. So it shouldn't include Spider-Man 2 sales numbers.
We will surely have more details like this for the Q3 FY2023 report.

1699284824-image.png

God of war ragnarok released in november.
Spider man 2 in october, so with a few more weeks it has every chance of doing as well or even better.

Last edited:

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
We will surely have more details like this for the Q3 FY2023 report.

1699284824-image.png
Yes, pretty likely. But we're now in their fiscal FY2023 Q3 (Oct-Dec), where Spider-Man 2 has been released, so the Spider-Man 2 first sales numbers will be included in their FY2023 Q3 report. The FY2023 Q3 report will be shown in -as I remember- in early February. I assume they'll highlight Spider-Man 2 because it's going to be their biggest game for the quarter, and also because it broke launch sales record for any PS exclusive game ever.

But the fiscal report they'll show in 3 days will be to show the results of their fiscal FY2023 Q2 (Jul-Sep), so I wouldn't expect to see Spider-Man 2 sales numbers there:
https://www.sony.com/en/SonyInfo/IR/library/presen/er/

Last edited:
Reactions: Diah and Evilms