Starfield | Review & Discussion Thread

What scores do you think StarfieId will get?

• 50-55%

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • 55-60%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 60-65%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 65-70%

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 70-75%

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • 75-80%

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 12 24.5%
  • 85-90%

Votes: 17 34.7%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 2 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
There's a good comparison on Twitter about discovering new planets in NMS as opposed to Starfield and it's not even close. NMS does so maby things better.
I believe the NMS comparisons are fine but people needs to remember that NMS was very disappointing at launch.

Took some big updates to Hello Games delivery a good game.

Frozone

Banned
11 Aug 2022
Dude, take your head out of your ass. In what world are GoW Ragnarok and HFW mediocre? In what planet do you live where you have the balls to imply that Returnal is not a great game?
That's my opinion and I'm entitled to one just like you. Don't take it personally.

• haha
Reactions: Would_you_kindly

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Saying Starfield doesn't get good until after you beat the main story is like saying Spider-Man 2 doesn't get good until you beat Venom.

What they're really saying is your efforts to enjoy the main story are pointless because it's shit.
Yes… if that is the case then Bethesda failed miserably at design this game.

Crow

Banned
15 Jul 2023
Lets see, new account, shilling for this game, i smell another alt here, who of the banned club are u?
Lol this dude is super toxic. I have no clue how this guy doesn't get banned. quick to call people shills, throw insults or fanboys for liking xbox games. Make it make sense.

• haha
Reactions: Nimrota

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
OK. What is false about the game. I have the game. I haven't loaded it in years. If they changed the game over the years by adding to it, then I can see my statement being in error. But don't just come in raising the guns because I made a factual comment based on the original release of the game.

You not loading it in years is your problem. Go load it, rejoice that it's such a great game nowadays.

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
No.. they really weren't great. Returnal wasn't a great game by any stretch and definitely didn't get high review scores. Demon Souls is a remake. R&C is also a sequel and GT7 is also yet again --- a sequel. The games you mention offer nothing new to the table while Starfield does. We're talking about original IPs here.

Returnal has an 86 on metacritic. Where is Starfield sitting now?

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
I believe the NMS comparisons are fine but people needs to remember that NMS was very disappointing at launch.

It was still miles better than Starfield at seamless planet transition and finding them. I know, I owned it from release.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

This isn't about the state of NMS at launch but comparisons showing hiw certain aspects are and have always been better on NMS. Bet your life the points for things docked on NMS, reviewers have not and will not dock for Starfield.

Also keep in mind NMS was made by a small team of 6-15 ppl not 200-400 ppl plus with a budget of only a few million tops! Starfield has a budget over over 200 millions estimated at close to 400 million.

Frozone

Banned
11 Aug 2022
Are you a joke accoint? Try nms now, its another whole game
LOL! How is it a whole new game?

I started it up, created a New game and I'm dumped on some planet with instructions to gather crystals for my hardware. Are you kidding me? Where the hell is the story? It looks much better from back in the day though.. but I don't see where this game isn't anything but boring as an RPG.

• haha

Frozone

Banned
11 Aug 2022
It was still miles better than Starfield at seamless planet transition and finding them. I know, I owned it from release.
I don't play space games for seamless transitions from planet to space. I have a flight simulator if I want to do that. I play these space games to be like Mass Effect..a genuine RPG in space that has a story, dialogue, adventure and travel. No one pays any attention to NMS today. Not sure why that's suddenly the holy grail of space RPGs.

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
This isn't about the state of NMS at launch but comparisons showing hiw certain aspects are and have always been better on NMS. Bet your life the points for things docked on NMS, reviewers have not and will not dock for Starfield.

Also keep in mind NMS was made by a small team of 6-15 ppl not 200-400 ppl plus with a budget of only a few million tops! Starfield has a budget over over 200 millions estimated at close to 400 million.
Outer Wilds had a team of 15 I believe, and managed to do seamless spaceflight on and off the planet and between planets. Unfortunately, this was too much for Bethesda to handle while optimising it for XSS.

Also, I have to assume there isn't a map because they directed resources away from that to fix the bugs :ROFLMAO:

Frozone

Banned
11 Aug 2022

Right and that's why they shouldn't even be compared to be frank. It's just a way of trying to target the one thing people would love to see (i.e. surface of planet to space traversal) and pitting that one absent thing in Starfield to attack it. It's not fair when Starfield is going to offer way more than just a survival game but an actual story with dialogue, skills, companions, etc..

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
87 and PC is 88.

Let's just not compare scores to give validity to purchasing a game. Let's just talk about the many things you can do in games. In that, Starfield destroys Returnal.
One of the ways Returnal destroys Starfield is it runs at 1080p (upscaled to 4K) and 60fps. Unfortunately Starfield has dips to 15fps. But I've been told Xbox fans are so used to worse performance that their eyes can't see past 10fps anyway :ROFLMAO:

Crow

Banned
15 Jul 2023
Outer Wilds had a team of 15 I believe, and managed to do seamless spaceflight on and off the planet and between planets. Unfortunately, this was too much for Bethesda to handle while optimising it for XSS.

Also, I have to assume there isn't a map because they directed resources away from that to fix the bugs :ROFLMAO:
ahhhh you obliviously do not understand anything....lol

• haha
Reactions: KiryuRealty

Frozone

Banned
11 Aug 2022
One of the ways Returnal destroys Starfield is it runs at 1080p (upscaled to 4K) and 60fps. Unfortunately Starfield has dips to 15fps. But I've been told Xbox fans are so used to worse performance that their eyes can't see past 10fps anyway :ROFLMAO:
Cute.

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
A good experience I had with NMS (on launch lol) was flying into a black hole and being transported across the galaxy. It was eerie, exciting, and wonderous. I hope, genuinely and in good faith, Starfield has an experience like this. But I can't imagine it does considering how lacking spaceflight is. There is a similar experience in Outer Wilds too.