Starfield | Review & Discussion Thread

What scores do you think StarfieId will get?

• 50-55%

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • 55-60%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 60-65%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 65-70%

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 70-75%

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • 75-80%

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 12 24.5%
  • 85-90%

Votes: 17 34.7%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 2 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Maverick

1 Sep 2023
I watched some streams and read the reviews. Now I can say I am not gonna even download the game from Game Pass.

The art direction doesn’t look appealing to me and when it meets with loading screens while landing, it makes me don’t want to explore the open world.

Animations and gameplay are still janky. I see better visuals than this in PS4. Combat doesn’t look fun.

NPCs look like they are plastic dolls. It doesn’t feel like we are in living city. Animations, especially facial animations look like its PS3 game. AI is also really bad.

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
I watched some streams and read the reviews. Now I can say I am not gonna even download the game from Game Pass.

The art direction doesn’t look appealing to me and when it meets with loading screens while landing, it makes me don’t want to explore the open world.

Animations and gameplay are still janky. I see better visuals than this in PS4. Combat doesn’t look fun.

NPCs look like they are plastic dolls. It doesn’t feel like we are in living city. Animations, especially facial animations look like its PS3 game. AI is also really bad.
This game looks worse than RDR2 or even Uncharted 4 for sure.

What I find funny is the Jaguar CPU can handle Valentine and Saint Denis at time at 24-25 FPS. So with upgraded Zen 2 CPU, shouldn't it be better?

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
So far i have had a couple of friends who say it's not that great while i have also had a couple of friends who say they are really enjoying it.

it will be interesting to see how it pans out once more of the regular users get hold of it.
You have couple of friends and couple of ex-friends 😂

• haha
Reactions: Sircaw

Evilms

Graph Master
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022

How can we still be releasing games like this in 2023, especially after everything that happened with CP2077?

It's shameful and shows a lack of respect for the consumer.

BlueLyria

29 Apr 2023
@Crow

This is FUD right?
TO BE FAIR, they did play around with some console commands.
But this game doesn't need anything to be joke, 7/10 is way too generous with how fucking horrible the perfomance is.
It just doesn't work, I'm happy if you're one of the few people that goes 10+ hours without a crash, I'm not one of those, and many on the steam forums aren't either.

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
TO BE FAIR, they did play around with some console commands.
But this game doesn't need anything to be joke, 7/10 is way too generous with how fucking horrible the perfomance is.
It just doesn't work, I'm happy if you're one of the few people that goes 10+ hours without a crash, I'm not one of those, and many on the steam forums aren't either.
One of my friend playing the game, he uploaded on Instagram a bunch of images of glitches and game crashes

He is a bit Intel fanboy so he is kinda implying AMD hired BGS to sabotage the game for NVIDIA/Intel users. I don't think they are that competent honestly.

BlueLyria

29 Apr 2023
One of my friend playing the game, he uploaded on Instagram a bunch of images of glitches and game crashes

He is a bit Intel fanboy so he is kinda implying AMD hired BGS to sabotage the game for NVIDIA/Intel users. I don't think they are that competent honestly.
Well, I could call it a conspiracy theory, but that did happen with Crysis 2 and NVIDIA abusing tesselation to dumpster AMD cards perfomance at the time, so it could technically still happen. However, the game runs poorly on both AMD and NVIDIA cards, Nvidia cards from what I've seen have a way worse perfomance delta but they're less crash prone, AMD rigs better pray they are blessed by Todd or else it's the crash fest I'm experiencing right now. If anything, it's Bethesda being incompetent

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Well, I could call it a conspiracy theory, but that did happen with Crysis 2 and NVIDIA abusing tesselation to dumpster AMD cards perfomance at the time, so it could technically still happen. However, the game runs poorly on both AMD and NVIDIA cards, Nvidia cards from what I've seen have a way worse perfomance delta but they're less crash prone, AMD rigs better pray they are blessed by Todd or else it's the crash fest I'm experiencing right now. If anything, it's Bethesda being incompetent
Side quests wise, it it more Fallout or TES?

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
It's not unpolished at all. Credibility? I didn't know I had to impress a bunch of haters of MS. I'm glad to have lost credibility if that's the case. Returnal? lol. You could have come up with a better looking like R&C. That's the best looking game on the PS5 to date.
How it isn’t unpolished? The game is filled with bugs. It glitches all around. stifled animations, bad lipsync, game feels like it belongs 10 years in the past.
Starfield is the midiest game of the year.

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Why they are so focused on IGN review? There are plenty of other 7s and even lower.

People dont want to agree with it.

How it isn’t unpolished? The game is filled with bugs. It glitches all around. stifled animations, bad lipsync, game feels like it belongs 10 years in the past.
Starfield is the midiest game of the year.

We were expecting these issues, we were not expecting the lack of immersion.