Starfield | Review & Discussion Thread

What scores do you think StarfieId will get?

• 50-55%

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • 55-60%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 60-65%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 65-70%

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 70-75%

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • 75-80%

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 12 24.5%
  • 85-90%

Votes: 17 34.7%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 2 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
for background i picked bounty hunter. Most of the perks i picked are combat oriented. to make combat much easier. I want to upgrade the piloting perk so i can operate the top of line ships. The details on the ships are insane.
if you don't mind me asking what does the Bounty Hunter do that other classes can not do?

The ability to track someone or something?

Crow

Banned
15 Jul 2023
if you don't mind me asking what does the Bounty Hunter do that other classes can not do?

The ability to track someone or something?
Gives you starting skills. Boost pack training level 1, target control system level 1, piloting level 1. Some special dialogue options

ultimateFF

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Any reviews arrived from outlets which got ignored by MS yet? I want to see eurogamer, MVG, edge reaction after being ignored by MS 😂.

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Now I’m seeing people say that you have to beat it and do new game + to get to the good stuff? Wtf? I don’t even know what people are referring to but this sounds like goalpost shifting nonsense.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Just watched the review, damn it's rather brutal.

The main getaway I hear from his time with the game is that it's soulless in its immersion,

@Dr Bass did you feel that? a
I might be repeating myself but it feels like a 360 era game. It’s heavily menu driven for getting to and fro.

Speaking of fros, have you seen some of the NPCs in this game?

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I might be repeating myself but it feels like a 360 era game. It’s heavily menu driven for getting to and fro.

Speaking of fros, have you seen some of the NPCs in this game?
some of them look scary hah, i did see attack of the giant woman, that made me giggle.

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
some of them look scary hah, i did see attack of the giant woman, that made me giggle.
The characters are so weird looking in general.

The other thing that gets me are the stereotypical accents. Like, we have supposedly been in space for hundreds of years, but people have southern accents, or Russian accents and on and on. It just makes no sense and has no imagination. All of the design elements have been seen a million times before, and again, the accent thing is lazy.

That said there are fun rpg elements to it as you get into it. A lot of player choice which I like. It’s just wrapped up in an ancient looking and feeling package. I don’t see how they can get away with ever releasing another game with this setup.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
The characters are so weird looking in general.

The other thing that gets me are the stereotypical accents. Like, we have supposedly been in space for hundreds of years, but people have southern accents, or Russian accents and on and on. It just makes no sense and has no imagination. All of the design elements have been seen a million times before, and again, the accent thing is lazy.

That said there are fun rpg elements to it as you get into it. A lot of player choice which I like. It’s just wrapped up in an ancient looking and feeling package. I don’t see how they can get away with ever releasing another game with this setup.
Well it worries me that the 87% score line will make them stick to the same formula with the new Elder Scrolls, i hope i am wrong but if it isn't "Broken" don't fix it.

God help us.

The only thing now is to wait for more reviews and see how it unfolds.

There is no way in hell the game remains at 87%

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Starfield hype in steam is already dying, peaked at 236k from few days ago 😂. The power of 7/10 and less than 90 MC bitches 🤣.
The peak was 234k on Thursday night and that was US only. They said wait until weekend it will go up a lot more but it only went up to 236k on Saturday?

It's supposed to go up to 1 million and beat Cyberpunk, BG3, Elden Ring and Hogwarts Legacy next week. We'll see...

And resetera xbotz already did some damage control and saying let's just wait till weekend/few days later lmao 🤣.
They actually closed the thread talking about the disappointing numbers 🤣

Crow

Banned
15 Jul 2023
The peak was 234k on Thursday night and that was US only. They said wait until weekend it will go up a lot more but it only went up to 236k on Saturday?

It's supposed to go up to 1 million and beat Cyberpunk, BG3, Elden Ring and Hogwarts Legacy next week. We'll see...
EA is 100 a pop. No it won't beat cyberpunk. Cyberpunk has the most concurrent players for a single player game on Steam. SF debuted with decent to good reception, not great. So it probably won't beat it. Elder Scrolls 6 will 100 percent take that crown from Cyberpunk if its not broken when it comes out.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Who gave it a 10? Wasn't me lol. This forumn can not talk about fanboys in the slighest. This place is STACKED with them lmaoo. You know it, I know it....Hell even one of the mods let a promoting piracy post stay up because it was a Xbox game lol. Can't make this shit up😂

That's false, and quite honestly should be a bannable offense.