Starfield | Review & Discussion Thread

What scores do you think StarfieId will get?

• 50-55%

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • 55-60%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 60-65%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 65-70%

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 70-75%

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • 75-80%

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 12 24.5%
  • 85-90%

Votes: 17 34.7%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 2 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Frozone

Banned
11 Aug 2022
Modified photoshop videos? So the entire gaming community is faking it?
It's not the entire gaming community. Someone can ask me to go to wherever these crappy videos are and I will show you how much different they are from my gameplay.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
It's not the entire gaming community. Someone can ask me to go to wherever these crappy videos are and I will show you how much different they are from my gameplay.

You're in hardcore denial and at this stage I question if you mee the age requirements to be in this forum. If you do, it's just sad.

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022

Nah this guy wouldn't know a good game if you slapped him in the face with it.
uncharted 4 or ff16, he would hate.
he hates everything that isn't a manly pc game from the 90s/early 2000s.
Ignore him.

Not played starfield yet but I think it looks ok. About what I would expect.
It's just a bethesda game and it's a specal breed of clunky sandbox games. I always found them enjoyable and the bugs are always there when you look for them.
edit: I am talking about worthabuy review. he is very inconsistent and hates everything semi modern that is not medal of honor 1.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Do you guys really believe these modified photoshop videos? If so, I got a boat to sell you.

Denial GIF

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Nah this guy wouldn't know a good game if you slapped him in the face with it.
uncharted 4 or ff16, he would hate.
he hates everything that isn't a manly pc game from the 90s/early 2000s.
Ignore him.

Not played starfield yet but I think it looks ok. About what I would expect.
It's just a bethesda game and it's a specal breed of clunky sandbox games. I always found them enjoyable and the bugs are always there when you look for them.
edit: I am talking about worthabuy review. he is very inconsistent and hates everything semi modern that is not medal of honor 1.
Starfield looks like a pc game from the 90s/early 2000s so this doesn't stack up

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Just watched the review, damn it's rather brutal.

The main getaway I hear from his time with the game is that it's soulless in its immersion,

@Dr Bass did you feel that? a
The train part defines the whole game for me. And the graphics are atrocious. Like literal Nintendo 64 tier geometry.

BlueLyria

29 Apr 2023
We all got eyes bro, it takes less than a minute to find a 4k capture in New Atlantis on youtube, we all can see what the game looks like.
It's not edited, there's just this huge chasm between the hand crafted content and the procedural generated. The hand crafted ones look good to incredible sometimes, the lodge is one of those, that place is stunning even on low settings. New Atlantis looks mostly ok to bad. The random npcs almost always look bad.

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
So just do it. These are direct video captures, and this is how it looks to me on the XSX. Again, there are a few interiors that look "good" but not great. But the vast majority of the game is butt ugly. And that includes things like geometry, texture work, resolution, frame rate, models, and color palette lol. I mean how do you get worse than that? That's what makes some of the space interiors that look passable feel so bizarrely jarring. But again, they look like an average PS4 game. Remember, Death Stranding was a PS4 game that also ran at 30FPS. Visually speaking Starfield isn't even worthy of sniffing Death Stranding's jock strap.

So get over it. The game is just kinda silly overall. The only reason I can imagine anyone seriously thinking it's great would be they have been so starved for content, they don't even know what a good game is anymore. Between everything I've gotten to play on PS5, and the couple Nintendo games I still really like, Starfield stands out like a sore thumb as a "first party exclusive." By that metric, it's total crap. And this is the crux of the matter. As a third party multi platform game (which it basically is), it would be regarded as a title from a bygone era, trying to cling to life. Or something that has been passed by, and Bethesda needs to get with the times. But as a first party showcase? A tentpole for its platform? It's a complete disaster. Ironically enough though, it's basically Xbox to a tee.

Last edited:

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Okay but what was the point in spending 7 hours doing nothing on this turd of a game you'd think she would have better stuff to do with her life 🤣

Her job is to show her face and body while talking or playing games. Doing this shit will have all them little virgins and incels that worship starfield masturbating for 7h while looking at her. She makes money out of this, and she knows a lot of her audience cares little about games but rather about how she looks.

• haha