Starfield | Review & Discussion Thread

What scores do you think StarfieId will get?

• 50-55%

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • 55-60%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 60-65%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 65-70%

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 70-75%

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • 75-80%

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 12 24.5%
  • 85-90%

Votes: 17 34.7%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 2 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I just checked out the NeoGaf thread for kicks. Those people are nuts ... the way they are drooling over this thing.

Look at this post. lol. This is what they think looks "soooo good." It looks like an Indie game from 15 years ago.

They sound like people trying their hardest to convince themselves it's good. Gaming fandom is embarrassing.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
oof. Another narrative debunked! You can fly to planets! People said flying was just fast traveling. lol.

I'm not sure if this is the W you Xbots think it is. Are planets flat 2D textures now? Between not being to fly there, or spending 7h to fly to a flat texture, I'd rather have the first even if it's a shitty option to begin with.

But I'm sure your brains are already coded for mediocrity when I read shit like this

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
Wait, the planets aren't there? You just go through them?
You can't land on them no they're just a picture I don't know if you go through them or not
Yes, the "planets" are just essentially a 2D sheet of paper and you fly through them. There is no actual object there you can land on, or even interact with in any capacity.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
I'm not sure if this is the W you Xbots think it is. Are planets flat 2D textures now? Between not being to fly there, or spending 7h to fly to a flat texture, I'd rather have the first even if it's a shitty option to begin with.

But I'm sure your brains are already coded for mediocrity when I read shit like this

That tweet :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: my sides man. Just look over the fence bro PS5 has had games that look better than that since launch.

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
You can't land on them no they're just a picture I don't know if you go through them or not
In that very same steam she "flew" to Pluto but went straight through it, I was watching her stream when she did it.
The only way to "go to" a planet is to use the menu and select a planet and then select a destination to land on.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Crow

Banned
15 Jul 2023
Relax on the Console wars

Ahh theirs the console warrior in you! "xbot." I told you you're a fanboy lol. Doesn't change the fact you can fly in space. "Sony Pony."

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
Some more impressions after playing a couple more hours
  • Graphics are wildly inconsistent. I'm playing in ultra at 0.85 1080p with FSR 2, VRS, and 0.5 film grain. I can max out the 1080p, but I want more frames. Doesn't change much graphically.
  • New Atlantis just looks dead. There's some crowds, but all of them behave like robots. It's got a very decent aesthetic and verticality, but it looks ugly, as if the styles of everything don't quite match
  • Ship control is absolute garbage
  • The UX overall is terrible. The inventory is one of the worst I've ever used
  • Shooting is ok, serviceable, but archaic. Not being able to reload while running is one of the stupidest decisions I've seen made in a game where shooting is a thing.
  • Most / all side quests I've received so far are fetch quests
Overall, so far I'd rate it a 7/10. Its fun, the lore so far is interesting, but it's a last gen game with a (not so great) coat of paint